Jump to content

RDR2 Clothing line


TheBaconator
 Share

Recommended Posts

What do you guys think of the limited clothing line from Rockstar? I think for the most part, it is a rip off. The only thing that I think might possibly be a worthy item is the Arthur Morgan jacket. Although that too is at least a hundred dollars too expensive. Does it look authentic to you? 

https://barkingirons.com/products/gunslinger-jacket

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$250 for a jacket like that? No thanks. I am sure some people can afford to spend money like this but I can't and even if I did have the money, I would rather spend it on more useful things than clothing. I am fine with my cheap stuff I get from Walmart and Target lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2018 at 8:05 PM, liquidfire said:

$250 for a jacket like that? No thanks. I am sure some people can afford to spend money like this but I can't and even if I did have the money, I would rather spend it on more useful things than clothing. I am fine with my cheap stuff I get from Walmart and Target lol 

DItto that.   Remote start for my jeep and new in dash stereo with navigation cost just barely over that jacket price, and i already have a few more jackets than i can wear lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2018 at 9:05 PM, liquidfire said:

I am fine with my cheap stuff I get from Walmart and Target lol 

Even that stuff is too pricey for me usually. I finally found a deal on a coat from amazon for $30. Waited until we already had a foot of snow before I bought it (dealt with 2 hoodies before that).

Clothes cost WAAAYYYY too much money in my opinion. The sh*t in that link looks just like everything else that's out there, doesn't look RDR2 related in any way (besides the giant RDR2 label on the inside). Somebody is good at marketing though. They took styles that are all over and slapped a label on with the current "thing". They'll sell for a bit until people realize those clothes are everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Even that stuff is too pricey for me usually

I simply don't enjoy being a walking billboard for a some company.  If you think about it, it's the greatest con ever conceived: a clothing or apparel company has tricked consumers into PAYING THEM for the opportunity to wear conspicuously branded clothing and advertising said company or product.

I'm as big of a W**** as there is, but I need to GET PAID if I'm going to sell a piece of my body, let alone my soul.  If some superstar athlete/entertainer/performer wants to be paid to push a product, I don't judge them one bit.  But to me, it's ludicrous that we, as consumers, pay top dollar for branded/badged clothing and accessories.  I'm a good 6'4", and it's impossible for me to find pants that have a reasonable waist size (not everyone over 6' tall has a 40-in waist) matched to a proper inseam.  I don't care if the pants are made by children's hands in a Malaysian sweatshop by Jacobean Mugatu, if it fits and I can hid the badge with a belt or remove it myself, I'm buying it.

Unless they're yellow.  I'll tolerate a lot of things, but yellow clothing isn't one of them.  This isn't Zorro, the Gay Blade, this is real life, dammit. 

And yes, ZTGB is a real film:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

If you think about it, it's the greatest con ever conceived: a clothing or apparel company has tricked consumers into PAYING THEM for the opportunity to wear conspicuously branded clothing and advertising said company or product.

Ironically enough this is the reason I never liked wearing band shirts. So many people do and yeah that is great, you are supporting a band but you are still supporting a label. People pay extra for the name. My girlfriend is always shopping that pink crap at Victoria's Secret. The quality of the clothes itself is less than that found at Walmart but you pay $45+ for a single shirt that is basically paper thin. You have to figure though for women they are not just paying to wear a brand but for vanity sizing. A size 6 woman at Walmart would be a size 2 in designer clothes. Such a stupid concept people fall for. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CowBoii said:

Ironically enough this is the reason I never liked wearing band shirts. So many people do and yeah that is great, you are supporting a band but you are still supporting a label. People pay extra for the name. My girlfriend is always shopping that pink crap at Victoria's Secret. The quality of the clothes itself is less than that found at Walmart but you pay $45+ for a single shirt that is basically paper thin. You have to figure though for women they are not just paying to wear a brand but for vanity sizing. A size 6 woman at Walmart would be a size 2 in designer clothes. Such a stupid concept people fall for. 

That's different though.  Would you rather watch her wander the house just in that Pink t-shirt, or the cheaper thicker Walmart shirt....  ;)

In those cases i happily support the stupidity of buying brands lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kormath said:

That's different though.  Would you rather watch her wander the house just in that Pink t-shirt, or the cheaper thicker Walmart shirt....  ;)

I would assume the preference is neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is all overpriced, but if I were to buy any of the items it would be that jacket. A much cheaper alternative could likely be found for everything they are offering but just like everything, you are paying for the brand name. Companies use words like "Limited Edition" to cause a sense of urgency in potential customers to get them to buy in fear of "Missing out". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, TheBaconator said:

What do you guys think of the limited clothing line from Rockstar? I think for the most part, it is a rip off. The only thing that I think might possibly be a worthy item is the Arthur Morgan jacket. Although that too is at least a hundred dollars too expensive. Does it look authentic to you? 

https://barkingirons.com/products/gunslinger-jacket

$250 dollars for something that doesnt even look good! Carhartts are 70-80 dollars and are way nicer looking that that.

 

Carhartts are even time period correct for rdr2! Lol

Edited by Unknown1598
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...