Jump to content

After the Main Story and Epilogue is Over


Force58
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, I finished the game's main story and the epilogue chapters.

Spoiler

Once I'm done and now playing as Marston can I still hunt/kill the legendary animals?  Also, will I be able to get to 100 percent completion this way?

Thanks for all of the replies fellers.  I'm taking a short break from RDR2 while I catch up on Just Cause.  I'm a bit worried about RDR2 Online though based on watching a bunch of youtube vids on the monetization that's going on, but that's another topic.

Edited by Force58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Truth said:

@Force58 you can still complete everything, that's kind of the whole point.

I just need to finish the exotics and challenges now.

 

I am doing the last of the challenges and they are just like the exotics, a huge pain in the ass. I have said it before and I will say it again, R* should have made the challenges just as enjoyable as the rest of their game. This comes from one that literally are in love with story mode and all the little secrets on the map and such but the challenges are really a chore.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tenti said:

Not sure you can do the Bandit stuff, as the "Rob" options is no longer there.  Its worth playing on as John though, there are lots of funny NPC interactions, plus its worth having a look around New Austin.

What “rob” options are not there in the epilogue according to you? They are definitely there for me and I have had no issues doing the bandit challenges in the epilogue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tenti said:

Not sure you can do the Bandit stuff, as the "Rob" options is no longer there.  Its worth playing on as John though, there are lots of funny NPC interactions, plus its worth having a look around New Austin.

I did check this yesterday, I'm still able to rob people and stores. (Pull your gun on them)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Truth said:

I did check this yesterday, I'm still able to rob people and stores. (Pull your gun on them)

I'll have another look at that later Truth.  When I went into a shop I wasn't able to select weapons (just items), that was in Blackwater.  Maybe I'll try somewhere else.  Not a problem for me, I just started again. This time as a proper wrong 'un!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tenti said:

I'll have another look at that later Truth.  When I went into a shop I wasn't able to select weapons (just items), that was in Blackwater.  Maybe I'll try somewhere else.  Not a problem for me, I just started again. This time as a proper wrong 'un!!

You don't use your weapon wheel to rob.  You target the person/shopkeeper and press the button indicated in the tooltips in the bottom right corner.  Not at my console now but i believe you have to target, then aim, at the shopkeepers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Kormath said:

You don't use your weapon wheel to rob.  You target the person/shopkeeper and press the button indicated in the tooltips in the bottom right corner.  Not at my console now but i believe you have to target, then aim, at the shopkeepers.

I didn't try last night, but don't think I get the "Rob" option in the tooltips. I'm on my 3rd playthrough now as loads I didn't do first two times.  The game plays differently every time so definitely worth a second playthrough.  Thanks for the reply anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tenti said:

I didn't try last night, but don't think I get the "Rob" option in the tooltips. I'm on my 3rd playthrough now as loads I didn't do first two times.  The game plays differently every time so definitely worth a second playthrough.  Thanks for the reply anyway.

2 ways to rob a store, just did this to confirm.  Target the shopkeeper, tap Y (triangle), or tap LB (L1) to draw your weapon, then aim at the shopkeeper and tap Y.  Just did both of these and robbed the store and the gunsmith in Valentine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a save in chapter 4 and wish I would have just stayed there. Didn't complete the exotics or the Satchels until chapter 5  so I'm not going back.

 

Spoiler

Playing as dying Arthur takes a lot of fun out of the game, as does having a bounty across half the map. Can't imagine losing Buell,  Chapter 5 and giving Arthur TB are the 2 fatal flaws with the narrative.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hammer said:

I have a save in chapter 4 and wish I would have just stayed there. Didn't complete the exotics or the Satchels until chapter 5  so I'm not going back.

 

  Hide contents

Playing as dying Arthur takes a lot of fun out of the game, as does having a bounty across half the map. Can't imagine losing Buell,  Chapter 5 and giving Arthur TB are the 2 fatal flaws with the narrative.  

 

This is all so true, I love the game in so many ways but I agree with you regarding the spoiler content. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hammer said:

I have a save in chapter 4 and wish I would have just stayed there. Didn't complete the exotics or the Satchels until chapter 5  so I'm not going back.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Playing as dying Arthur takes a lot of fun out of the game, as does having a bounty across half the map. Can't imagine losing Buell,  Chapter 5 and giving Arthur TB are the 2 fatal flaws with the narrative.  

 

Imo its worth a second playthrough, I missed some quality Random encounters first time round (The Freaky Poisoners), quite a few things played differently depending my actions.  I'm playing my 3rd time, but this time is a very naughty boy!  Got bounties everywhere and bounty hunters appearing all the time. I alternate between online and story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...