Joining Posse bug?

Saltyballs

I've been joining random posses as of late to counteract the levels of griefing currently in game and to complete stranger missions easier. Half the time if the posse isn't trying to grief it's own players they are fanny-ing about doing close to nothing so I decided to make my own permanent posse but set it to public so others can join and help me. 

So far though (three days straight) I've not had a single randomer join my posse, is this a bug with permanent posses? I had no issue with players joining when it was temporary.    

7 hours ago, #SadCowboy said:

I think people can only join up if you are online. So when you are offline, they can't join your posse because you are the leader. I could be wrong but have you tried testing it and asking someone to join whilst online?

You are correct. Posse leader must be online and have the posse active in order to join.

Saltyballs I have the same problem, been trying to posse up for missions last few days, and being successful about one in ten tries. Lots of server-jumping involved. I wish I could choose not to be added to dishonourable posses, it's doing my rep no good. I've tried forming my own temp, limited success.

In answer to your question, I'm not sure randoms like myself get put into persistent posses, only temporary ones, always been the case for me. I assume if you set up a persistent it's invite-only.

On that point, can anyone answer this, is the honourable/dishonourable posse description in the sidebar based on the posse leader's rep or the whole posse's? When trying to set up a temporary posse I see no honourable/dishonourable option so I assume it's automatic. If I'm very honourable (which I am, generally, not perfect) and I set up a posse can I stop dishonourable critters joinin up?

26 minutes ago, cory206 said:

On that point, can anyone answer this, is the honourable/dishonourable posse description in the sidebar based on the posse leader's rep or the whole posse's? When trying to set up a temporary posse I see no honourable/dishonourable option so I assume it's automatic. If I'm very honourable (which I am, generally, not perfect) and I set up a posse can I stop dishonourable critters joinin up?

It's  based on the posse leader. The only way to be selective is to set your posse to invite only.

Some people don't realize and it took myself quite a few days as well:

If you have a permanent posse, you need to remove people from it in order to be able to invite new ones. There is no warning or error message about it. It sends out the invite but nothing works. Same with you being member in multiple posses. You need to leave them in order to join new ones. Stupid!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 5:45 AM, cory206 said:

Saltyballs I have the same problem, been trying to posse up for missions last few days, and being successful about one in ten tries. Lots of server-jumping involved. I wish I could choose not to be added to dishonourable posses, it's doing my rep no good. I've tried forming my own temp, limited success.

In answer to your question, I'm not sure randoms like myself get put into persistent posses, only temporary ones, always been the case for me. I assume if you set up a persistent it's invite-only.

When dealing with randoms, things will always be way more unpredictable and therefore likely more difficult to find what you're looking for.  

You can view all posses in a session and look for those that are open and honorable if you wish.  .....but just be aware that when dealing with randoms that is no guarantee as to how the group will act.  The leader can still kick you out, other members can troll you, etc.  

Your best bet is to find friends to play with.  Join one of the RDR2.org posses and/or a PSN Community.  I've found a few PSN friends that way.

The problem with meeting new people I find is that many folks tend to be a little shy when mingling.  They join the groups but then hardly socialize if at all.  I get it though as they are likely just unsure.  

Either way, the more people in a group, the better your chances are of finding folks you can play with on a regular basis.  Not everyone has the same playstyle preferences.  Even personalities, time differences, etc. can clash.  ......but that's fine.  The trick is finding the players you can ultimately synch with and that can only happen if you begin to mingle and become more active in groups, etc.  

Thanks Kean, yeah that all fits with my experience. I'm getting really quick at deciding if a posse's organised or not, and when it works well it can be so good it makes up for the discards. I'm like a few folk in here, no-one I know out there plays, and possibly being *kof* mature... I'm not as confident when it comes to friend invites, I tend to sit and wait for them, then wonder why they want to be my friend and what do they want, then I clutch my bodice and look shocked... it's not for nothing I choose the crazy walk y'know...

25 minutes ago, cory206 said:

Thanks Kean, yeah that all fits with my experience. I'm getting really quick at deciding if a posse's organised or not, and when it works well it can be so good it makes up for the discards. I'm like a few folk in here, no-one I know out there plays, and possibly being *kof* mature... I'm not as confident when it comes to friend invites, I tend to sit and wait for them, then wonder why they want to be my friend and what do they want, then I clutch my bodice and look shocked... it's not for nothing I choose the crazy walk y'know...

Well, feel free to send me an invite if you'd like someone to play with.  I'm over 50 myself so I guess you can call me "mature".  lol  

Most of my PSN friends are older as well.  We usually just like playing side missions and doing activities for money / XP. .....or whatever folks in the party need.  I'm not really into the PvP matches.  Too chaotic and twitchy for me. 

I'm on most nights from @ 8PM for a couple hours or more depending on who's around (U.S.; PST).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cadashka said:

Some people don't realize and it took myself quite a few days as well:

If you have a permanent posse, you need to remove people from it in order to be able to invite new ones. There is no warning or error message about it. It sends out the invite but nothing works. Same with you being member in multiple posses. You need to leave them in order to join new ones. Stupid!

I just figured this out the other day. They really should have something where they let us know what needs to be done. Like I think it is great and all you can be part of different groups but how the hell are we to know when to leave them or when to kick people out of our own to allow new ones to join? It is indeed very stupid. 

• Like 1