Horses be crazy!

YodaMan 3D

Even though I have my bond with my horse at max level.  Somedays, it just doesn't mind worth a hoot.  I will be trying to get it to go a certain direction and for some odd reason it will head the other way.  Max bond, brushed, feed, cores and stats good.  Yet a disobedient little ..........

i have had this online and in the campaign.

1 minute ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Even though I have my bond with my horse at max level.  Somedays, it just doesn't mind worth a hoot.  I will be trying to get it to go a certain direction and for some odd reason it will head the other way.  Max bond, brushed, feed, cores and stats good.  Yet a disobedient little ..........

i have had this online and in the campaign.

There have been many times when I've wanted to shoot my horse for not following orders.

Different breeds have different quirks / characteristics.  My Arabian for example is fast but it is more twitchy and can get upset easily by comparison.  Regardless of bonding level their attitude and performance will also change when fatigued, frightened, startled, etc.

Personally, I like how R* added these kinds of elements into the game.  Horses are after all living creatures and don't always act exactly how you want them to.  I'm glad they don't act robotic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Different breeds have different quirks / characteristics.  My Arabian for example is fast but it is more twitchy and can get upset easily by comparison.  Regardless of bonding level their attitude and performance will also change when fatigued, frightened, startled, etc.

Personally, I like how R* added these kinds of elements into the game.  Horses are after all living creatures and don't always act exactly how you want them to.  I'm glad they don't act robotic.

Being around horses in my youth, I understand about horses.  Yet some of the reactions I get aren' t anything like a trained horse would behave.

I dunno.....  I think the horse behavior, animations, etc. are one area R* did a pretty good job but that's my own experience / opinion.  While aspects of the game are not "realistic", there are other components that do help bring a level of immersion to the game world which make some of the more arcadey elements (e.g. gunplay) bearable for me.

I noticed that some breeds are better than others but they should still be capable of learning to a certain degree. Like if you keep them well fed and what not, they shouldn't be tripping on air and running in the opposite direction. 

Can someone explain to me how to get the best out of your horse?

I feel like all my horses have been mentally challenged online so far. I always make sure they are well fed and all that and do the training and what have you but my horses seem to peak in high school so to speak. lol

• Haha 2