Camp Location Glitch

SuperSneakySoap

Is this happening on the same server or are you dropping out and rejoining several different servers each time?

I ask because setting a camp to a new location might take a bit to actually get where you want it to be. It makes it as if your camp is moving towards the location instead of just quickly appearing there. 

I had the same issue.  However, I believe the locations assigned also has to do with what's available at the time.  The game will not assign the same camp location to more than one player a far as I can tell.  Given that there is a limited amount of camps available, I can see where the game might not be able to assign you one in the area you choose.  .....assigning alternatives in surrounding provinces instead.  In that sense, they could at least place them closer to your present location IMO or give an option to set up a camp closest to you.  ....maybe even let you know no more camps are available in the area you choose (e.g. greying out the province in the selection).

Just some food for thought.

Also, I would assume this might be a concern of the past once properties are available for purchase as players will likely be able to occupy the same buildings as they do in GTA.

Ya, camps have been broken since Day 1 of the Online Beta.  They seem to be less broken now than they were, but still quite broken.  I've been getting my camp where I ask for it more, lately, but still in the wrong place more often than not.  If I move it and it goes to the wrong place, I don't try again until after I do a few more missions.  I also try to avoid selecting areas that tend to get moved a lot, like I stopped asking for it in the Heartlands, since it never moved it there when I want it to.  Guess that's a popular

I still think it's related to how many people have their camp setup in that area, and there's only a set number of locations.  But if that is the case, it should tell you that location is full and have you choose another, and not randomly place it on the wrong side (e.g. set's it in Bayou Nwa, Lemoyne, when I wanted it in Gaptooth Ridge, New Austin) and charge you anyways.  

For the most part, I only use my camp if I really need to cook some food/potions, or if I spawn after a mission and it happens to be close by.  I'd imagine camps will be even more useless once we can buy cabins, homesteads, etc.  Would be ridiculous if those ended up moving like the camps do, they should work similar to the apartments in GTA:O.

19 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

Camps are a broken mess right now. They are constantly moving. Don't waste your money trying to place them where you want them.

This. I was on a few weeks ago and I just played again for a few hours last night and my camp still isn't in the right location. It makes no sense so I am not bothering with it for the time being.