Sabotaging missions

BurbonChaser

So I tried to grind out a few story missions last evening and had a guy just standing out in the open with nothing but his pistol shooting at nothing.  Thought he might be new to the game so I killed a) the npcs that where trying to kill him. Apparently he did not like being saved as he proceeded to run and jump of the cliff, ruining the mission. We tried to redo the mission and the guy just ran and jumped of the cliff again.

Anyone else been having this issue?

1 hour ago, BurbonChaser said:

So I tried to grind out a few story missions last evening and had a guy just standing out in the open with nothing but his pistol shooting at nothing.  Thought he might be new to the game so I killed a) the npcs that where trying to kill him. Apparently he did not like being saved as he proceeded to run and jump of the cliff, ruining the mission. We tried to redo the mission and the guy just ran and jumped of the cliff again.

Anyone else been having this issue?

He probably unlocked the glider suit but hasn't figured out how to open it yet.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Samplemygravy said:

I will dynamite myself only if one person is running ahead and taking xp from folks who are low lvl and haven’t done them much. Better to end it so they can try to do it with someone who isn’t a selfish d’bag. 

We had one guy running off by himself killing ahead in another mission, sad because we had a level 6 with us.

But in my initial one that I posted about, nothing like that was going on, it was only 3 of us and we were near each other.

Is there any way to join a game with just a party of 2-3 of your friends in a posse? A way to block randoms from joining?  

I always see the missions require 2-4 players but then there is no way (that I know of) to only play with 2 -3 players if you want to.

5 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Is there any way to join a game with just a party of 2-3 of your friends in a posse? A way to block randoms from joining?  

I always see the missions require 2-4 players but then there is no way (that I know of) to only play with 2 -3 players if you want to.

You don't have to matchmake.  You can do the mission with as many as you want.

I haven't experienced players killing themselves but have had players start tossing dynamite and do their best to sabotage the mission.  Wierd part is they seem to have an endless supply of dyanmite. 

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

You don't have to matchmake.  You can do the mission with as many as you want.

I haven't experienced players killing themselves but have had players start tossing dynamite and do their best to sabotage the mission.  Wierd part is they seem to have an endless supply of dyanmite. 

Yeah but my question is how. There doesn't seem to be an option that allows me a choice.

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Isn't there a option to cancel enable matchmaking or disable.  Just disable and everyone hits ready and it should start.

On ps4 you have to push square to enable matchmaking. Simply have all posse members ready up ,if random gets in push left on thumb pad to view players , select random and vote to kick. All members must vote quickly. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Chris Arbaugh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

On ps4 you have to push square to enable matchmaking. Simply have all posse members ready up ,if random gets in push left on thumb pad to view players , select random and vote to kick. All members must vote quickly. Hope this helps. 

....so I guess there is no option to disable then.  I know there is an option to vote kick and we've always tried to ready up as soon as possible but seems like a real crappy way to do it (e.g. kicking players).

Thanks for the info though.  I guess I'll submit this to R* as another feedback item.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

....so I guess there is no option to disable then.  I know there is an option to vote kick and we've always tried to ready up as soon as possible but seems like a real crappy way to do it (e.g. kicking players).

Thanks for the info though.  I guess I'll submit this to R* as another feedback item.

Yea I hate kicking too. Appreciate ya reporting this stuff bro ! 

1 hour ago, prebakedpotato said:

On PS4 try; Free roam menu/online options/social matching/   on or off

Thanks.  I'll try that.  I thought that option was just to attempt and match you with friends sessions but I'll see if it works (to exclude randoms) next time we try to join a story mission.