Moving tack between saddles

Harlock1796

Question

8 answers to this question

On 1/26/2019 at 12:23 AM, Harlock1796 said:

I have unlocked and bought a new saddle.  I can't see any way of moving my previously upgraded stirrups and saddlebags ("upgraded" - hah!) across from my old saddle to my new one.

Am I missing something, or do I just have to buy new ones?

Unfortunately no. You cannot swap gear bought for one saddle to another. Is this because of the so called "beta" or deliberately set up that way for RS to make money from microtransactions? 

10 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Unfortunately no. You cannot swap gear bought for one saddle to another. Is this because of the so called "beta" or deliberately set up that way for RS to make money from microtransactions? 

That's exactly right my dear friend. If rockstar doesn't increase payouts or other methods to make money and gold I'm afraid I'd have to stop suporting the greed

This appears to not be an option but the way the game is designed, it could be in the future. I really don't know the thought process for the devs with simple stuff like this I just hope the end product is more polished with tiny features like this that make the game more enjoyable. 

It can't be beyond R*'s wit to design this in the same way that the clothes work.

If you go to the tailor and look at hats, scroll along to one you already own, it says "already owned" and you can equip it.  They could just do that with saddles - you  select your new saddle, go onto the stirrup buying page, scroll across to the ones you own... you get the idea.

It'a almost as if they want to make you buy the exact same thing twice, which can't be their intention... can it?!

I tend to look at it as the saddle is bought for your use however tack is specific to the horse and therefore only the saddle is transferable.

Just a shame it can be yet another expensive lesson. A little more official details from R☆ wouldn't go amiss methinks?