Heat stroke?

Suck3rPunch3d

I was wondering about this. Maybe something like this is in the game and I never noticed but based on their angle of going for more realistic weather and such settings, I would have thought that heat stroke would have been a thing. Like if you spend time out in the desert at the hottest point of the day and don't drink, you get delirious. 

3 minutes ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I was wondering about this. Maybe something like this is in the game and I never noticed but based on their angle of going for more realistic weather and such settings, I would have thought that heat stroke would have been a thing. Like if you spend time out in the desert at the hottest point of the day and don't drink, you get delirious. 

kinda sorta is in there, just like running around up north in the snow with warm weather clothes, they both drop your core at an accelerated rate but that's all that i've noticed happens, eat oregano seasoned meat and get the gold health core and you don't have to worry about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kormath said:

kinda sorta is in there, just like running around up north in the snow with warm weather clothes, they both drop your core at an accelerated rate but that's all that i've noticed happens, eat oregano seasoned meat and get the gold health core and you don't have to worry about it.

I was hoping for a full blown stroke like you see in cartoons or movies where the person starts seeing things. Would be cool to get attacked by people and animals that aren't really there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I was hoping for a full blown stroke like you see in cartoons or movies where the person starts seeing things. Would be cool to get attacked by people and animals that aren't really there. 

that would make it more interesting.  you could kill Micah over and over :) I'd suffer heat stroke with Arthur every day for that lol

• Like 1

To be fair, I think one would have to be an absolute idiot to keep their jacket on in warm weather long enough to get heat stroke from it and New Austin, the hottest area in the game, only gets to around 80 degrees at most. People don't typically start suffering from heat stroke until it gets into triple digits.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, Parzival said:

People don't typically start suffering from heat stroke until it gets into triple digits.

you obviously don't know much about heat stroke.  you can get heat stroke with temps in the upper 70s, just takes more exertion to get your body temp up to 104 F/40 C or higher. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:49 PM, Parzival said:

To be fair, I think one would have to be an absolute idiot to keep their jacket on in warm weather long enough to get heat stroke from it and New Austin, the hottest area in the game, only gets to around 80 degrees at most. People don't typically start suffering from heat stroke until it gets into triple digits.

You can get a heat stroke in the 80's if the humidity is high enough and you are heat sensitive. I get sick to my stomach and horrific headaches if I am out on a hot summer day too long in direct sunlight. I will actually get dizzy sometimes too. Doesn't need to hit 100 or even 90 for me. I am the same person who can go outside when it is 25 out without a jacket and not even shiver so I know something is off with my body lol

My wife is Japanese so me and the entire family often goes to Japan(I am Swedish). The summer of 2018 was crazy hot when me and my family went to Japan and even my wife found it to be hot. For two weeks it was over 40 C in the days and way over 30C in the nights and this combined with 100% air humidity. I drank a lot of fluids that contained all the necessary salts etc and I was still struck by heatstroke one of the days when we where hiking in the mountains. As a Swede I am not exactly used to those temps even though I have been to Dubai and such. The thing this time in Japan was that I underestimated the need for fluids and overestimated my own stamina. 

I do not know what the lover limit in Celsius would be for a possible heatstroke but I am fairly certain that it can happen with way “cooler” temperatures than I experienced if one does not drink enough water with the correct minerals and dependent of the air humidity. 

2 hours ago, Minimoni said:

I do not know what the lover limit in Celsius would be for a possible heatstroke but I am fairly certain that it can happen with way “cooler” temperatures than I experienced if one does not drink enough water with the correct minerals and dependent of the air humidity. 

Heat exhaustion happens at 99 F to 103 F, heat stroke is 104 F and above body temps.  So that would be about 37 C to 39 C for heat exhaustion and 40 and above C body temp for heat stroke.  Basically if you get heat stroke you're in serious danger.

You're correct, outside ambient air temp doesn't have to be triple digits to get heat stroke or heat exhaustion.  Just like you posted hiking in warm weather without properly hydrating will cause it.  i've gotten heat exhaustion just from mowing the lawn on a hot day and not properly hydrating myself.  Luckily i've never had heat stroke, yet anyway.

since we're discussing it

Signs for heat exhaustion -

Dizziness, headaches, muscle cramps, nausea, confusion and fatigue are the most common.  If you have to pee and the urine is dark yellow that's a sign of dehydration. this together with these other symptoms is a sign of trouble.

if it gets worse and you go into heat stroke you'll have similar symptoms as heat exhaustion, but worse.  Also your pulse will increase, breathing will increase, you may start puking, and your skin will become hot and red, and will be either dry or damp.  Heat stroke needs immediate attention, hydration and external cooling of the body are a must until medical professionals can assist.  Body temps at 106 F (41 C ) will cause the body to start shutting down organs to protect itself, 107 F (41.5 C ) can cause organ failure and brain damage.  

• Like 1

Well written Kormath! In my case, I fell and lost my consciousness for what seemed like a few seconds but turned up to bee for some minutes. As I was in Japan and not Sweden, help came fast and I was examined from top to toe. I am not certain it was heatstroke or heat exhaustion, just that I felt horrible and even got death anxiety. The doctors and nurses helped me to get well and just a day later I could return to having a wonderful vacation with my family. 

Now sorry for OT and back to the topic! I do not think it is necessary that the protagonists in RDR2 would or should suffer from heat of cold in anymore advanced ways than is already implemented. It is not a big deal to me as I feel the already implemented system with clothing/temperature to be very good. My only complaint in any regards to this is that in SP mode, one ends up with a lot of really nice looking winter clothes but there are so few places to use those clothes.