Please start or continue to send feedback to R*!

jnaron_ngc

.....and here's the link:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

Just note that the "Bug / Technical Issue" option will take you to their Support site where a trouble ticket will be created and a representative will respond typically within 24 hrs.  For suggestions, feedback, etc., you would obviously use the "Feedback & Suggestions" option.  Just note that you are limited to 500 characters per request but you can submit as many as you want.  Sometimes it's better to break up long requests / lists because of this.

They have seemed seriously interested in fixing the game if possible in my interactions with them. But as always the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease', the issue with the most interest shown by us is the winner and gets addressed. So flood them with requests, issues, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnaron_ngc said:

They have seemed seriously interested in fixing the game if possible in my interactions with them. But as always the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease', the issue with the most interest shown by us is the winner and gets addressed. So flood them with requests, issues, etc.

I know some will never trust R*, question their motives, etc., but they have mentioned several times that they are looking for community feedback to help them develop RDO and made just as many comments to remind folks that this beta is a true work in progress.  

Folks can complain, discuss their hopes, criticize the direction of the game, etc. but it means nothing unless they make their voices heard.  It's great to have those conversations here and the site encourages people to do so but R* is providing their fans with (what I believe) is a rare opportunity to help make a difference by submitting their feedback while the game is still being developed.  They even established a dedicated site for this feedback.  

Obviously, not everyone will get to see their own suggestions come to fruition in the game but IMO, I still think it's worth taking a few minutes out of your day and submitting them. 

Regardless of how some folks feel about it, the coming anti-griefing measures are a perfect example of how this input has had a direct affect on changes in the gameplay mechanics.  ......and it shouldn't stop there as people will (and should) continue to provide their input on how they feel such changes improve or hamper the game.  

Doesn't matter how people feel about topics on gameplay in RDO, everyone has the opportunity to voice their opinion on that website and I believe they should take advantage of that.

• Thanks 1

We should have like a pinned thread or something for this. Like when you contact Rockstar, post your message to them in the thread and then post the response you get if you get one. That way we can see what others are having issues with and possible tackle the same things to help them out a bit on what is most important to us, the players.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Purple Cactus said:

We should have like a pinned thread or something for this. Like when you contact Rockstar, post your message to them in the thread and then post the response you get if you get one. That way we can see what others are having issues with and possible tackle the same things to help them out a bit on what is most important to us, the players.

Great idea!!!

• Kean_1 changed the title to Please start or continue to send feedback to R*!
  • Kean_1 pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, G IR U IB said:

Stranger missions not Starting. Stupid question but but do I put that under bug or feedback. That's my only gripe about the game. 

I would definitely say bug but I guess you could also provide feedback on it in the sense of how it affects your overall gameplay experience or something along those lines?  

On 2/17/2019 at 6:43 AM, jnaron_ngc said:

Hey y'all, Please start, or continue to send feedback to R*.

Ok I know this sounds cynical but RS never listen. The same applies with GTA online. They do as they please always have. And please no moderator telling me to provide feedback to RS. THEY DO NOT LISTEN. Look at the evidence so far.   

10 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Ok I know this sounds cynical but RS never listen. The same applies with GTA online. They do as they please always have. And please no moderator telling me to provide feedback to RS. THEY DO NOT LISTEN. Look at the evidence so far.   

What can I say?  If you don't want to take the advice then don't.  If you don't want that help, you have trust issues, etc., then so be it.  ....but I'd appreciate if you at least didn't crap on those of us who are at trying to extend that courtesy to others.  

Changes to the in-game economy, the implementation of anti-griefing measures, the adjustment to weapon performance like the Varmint gun, bug fixes, etc. were are all direct results of consumer input as R* stated.  That's not to say the results were perfect or that everyone is happy with them but to say they are not listening is short sighted IMO/IME.  Of course they will still tailor recommendations to fit their vision.  It's their game.  ....but that's not to say our recommendations and ideas will not help shape the future of RDO.

@Kean,

I understand your comment, but I hope you understand that from a player point of view your suggestions etc. feels like sending them into a "blackhole". There is no transparancy/backlog in what's  usefull, scheduled or not! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herta47 said:

@Kean,

I understand your comment, but I hope you understand that from a player point of view your suggestions etc. feels like sending them into a "blackhole". There is no transparancy/backlog in what's  usefull, scheduled or not! 

These are my opinions, don't shoot (like the numbers of griefers Rockstar continues to support do...)

Though I tend to be very cynical toward Rockstar at this point, I have to admit there have been some things done to alleviate griefing, my biggest issue with this game. I and others gave feedback to avoid being griefed and I believe little was actually done. After sending in my feedback just about daily, I'm a little feedbacked out personally so I do it sparingly, if at all, now.

Not only does the blip system not help me, it does more harm than good. However, the ability to fast travel with my hunting carcasses actually does (my biggest issue now is remembering to get off of my horse when I do it because I believe that degrades the quality of carcasses). I find that ability to be the most helpful thing Rockstar actually did.

But I and others continue to get popped by griefers, something actually encouraged by some of Rockstar's dailies. I've linked an article that is representative of how some actually feel and how some in the media are viewing Rockstar.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-red-dead-onlines-update-fails-to-solve-the-griefing-problem

So, I'm not going to tell anyone that sending in feedback doesn't help. I am going to say that in my opinion Rockstar isn't listening to its customers as much as other developers I've been familiar with in the past. The uproar from gamers across the web when it comes to griefing has basically been ignored causing many gamers to use unofficial means to ensure they can play safely. It is worth it to some of these gamers to potentially risk Rockstar's punishment (because no one knows what, if anything, Rockstar will do), even though that isn't the way that some of them wish to play.

2 hours ago, Herta47 said:

@Kean,

Then don't send your your feedback in.  I don't get the dilemma. It's just a suggestion not a door I'm closing in people's face.

RDR2.org is not affiliated with R*. I'm referring them to the website R* has provided to submit their bug reports, suggestions, complaints, etc. in addition to them sharing what they want with folks here.

Look, I'm not making any garauntees but if folks are going to put in the effort to describe a bug or share their ideas about things they want implemented / changed, etc., they may also want to take 1 minute of their time to submit it to R* as well. If it makes a difference, then great. If not then no harm done, right?

Im not dismissing their complaints, ideas, etc. by making the suggesting.  Quite the opposite. 

Personally, I don't view it as a "black hole". As I mentioned, there are things they have implemented that we're direct results of player feed back. Now, did they implement exactly what everyone wanted or the way they wanted it? Of course not. R* will still use their experience, vision and goals to to influence the direction they wish to take the game.  IMO, we should also let them know how we feel when we think they missed the mark. 

I'm not happy with a lot of the decisions they've made and I'll continue letting them know how I feel. .....but then again, if you don't want to then don't. Simple as that. I'm simply trying to give people constructive alternatives here.  ....or maybe that's the problem.

Hi Kean,

Don't take our comments too personally. We all know your doing your utmost best in quick responses, suggestions etc. Keep on doing that👍

We really thank you for your efforts!! 😀 😀

I did send many feedback to R*, but got never a reaction besides a monthly update; that's my comment.

This is the only formel RDR2-forum in which we can express our joint feelings and comments. That's why we all react in our own way and common care about quality improvements and suggestions for RDR2 (online). 

Edited by Herta47

2 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Hi Kean,

Don't take our comments too personally. We all know your doing your utmost

best in quick responses, suggestions etc. Keep on doing that👍

We really thank you for your efforts!! 😀 😀

I did send many feedback to R*, but got never a reaction besides a monthly update; that's my comment.

This is the only formel RDR2-forum in which we can express our joint feelings and comments. That's why we all react in our own way and common care about quality improvements and suggestions for RDR2 (online). 

I appreciate that but when I have to come into this thread to justify simply trying to help people, that's kinda sad don't ya think?  I wasn';t making any garauntees, trying to stifle input, etc.  ....just the opposite.  

I pretty much summed it up early on in this thread: 

On 2/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, Kean_1 said:

I know some will never trust R*, question their motives, etc., but they have mentioned several times that they are looking for community feedback to help them develop RDO and made just as many comments to remind folks that this beta is a true work in progress.  

Folks can complain, discuss their hopes, criticize the direction of the game, etc. but it means nothing unless they make their voices heard.  It's great to have those conversations here and the site encourages people to do so but R* is providing their fans with (what I believe) is a rare opportunity to help make a difference by submitting their feedback while the game is still being developed.  They even established a dedicated site for this feedback.  

Obviously, not everyone will get to see their own suggestions come to fruition in the game but IMO, I still think it's worth taking a few minutes out of your day and submitting them. 

Regardless of how some folks feel about it, the coming anti-griefing measures are a perfect example of how this input has had a direct affect on changes in the gameplay mechanics.  ......and it shouldn't stop there as people will (and should) continue to provide their input on how they feel such changes improve or hamper the game.  

Doesn't matter how people feel about topics on gameplay in RDO, everyone has the opportunity to voice their opinion on that website and I believe they should take advantage of that.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:42 AM, dredd1961 said:

I disagree.

in the case of my submitted tickets, they have replied with answers or corrected me in how the mechanics work.

Disconnects are the on;y issue to date they have not fixed, and flat out told me they have not got a handle on it.

• Kean_1 unpinned this topic