RDO freezes and crashes - new issue

Xped

Bought a new router to see if I could eliminate the disconnect issue...that seems to have worked! Yea! 

However, now within 10 minutes of spawning my game freezes with a buzzing sound followed by a crash to the Xbox home screen. One issue replaced with another one. 

New ticket submitted to R*. 

I still have no horse, no animals, no NPCs...and now the crashes to go along with it all. 

I think I'll discontinue my testing services to R* until they either give me something for my lost time or they put out a fix that resolves all of my issues. Becoming a grand waste of my time to even launch this game. 

I don't know if you've seen my previous post(s) but I received confirmation that R* is rolling back patches in preparation for the update next Tuesday. 

It's just my opinion but I'd hold off on grabbing the torches & pitchforks until we see how it plays after the TU launches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xped said:

Bought a new router to see if I could eliminate the disconnect issue...that seems to have worked! Yea! 

However, now within 10 minutes of spawning my game freezes with a buzzing sound followed by a crash to the Xbox home screen. One issue replaced with another one. 

New ticket submitted to R*. 

I still have no horse, no animals, no NPCs...and now the crashes to go along with it all. 

I think I'll discontinue my testing services to R* until they either give me something for my lost time or they put out a fix that resolves all of my issues. Becoming a grand waste of my time to even launch this game. 

Pretty sure it's an xbox issue, cuz those of us on PS4 aren't having the same problem. Yeah sure disconnects, but no animals/npcs and what not? I saw an article about it I'm sure rockstar knows about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/22/18236111/rdr2-online-no-animals-npcs-glitch-bug

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

I've had the same new issue since thursday... with the continued horse and wild life issues... and to top it all off, rockstar has not replied to my open ticket also since thursday... torches & pitchforks equipped

Not sure what to tell you. I've submitted probably a dozen tickets and always had a response within an hour or so.  ....usually less.  Sorry your experience has been different.

I mentioned what they told me and it was in fact what I had said before that it was likely due to them making changes in preparation for the update. The rep confirmed they were in fact doing just that.

They acknowledged the issues and the cause.

The update is less than 3 days away. I wouldn't expect anything to change before then which was my point. We simply have to ride it out and see if these issues get squared away.

No pitchforks from me...just frustration and a need to vent. 🙂 

R* has been good about responding to my tickets.  This morning I received the following reponse.

Here it is (obviously English is not his first language😞

• Felipe G.
    5617 Answers • 100% Helpful

Hello!
    My name is Felipe. I’m a Rockstar Expert and a Rockstar gamer like you. I’ll be happy to help you out today. =]

First, thank you very much for the contact. 

Many players have reported this problem, me too. 

Rockstar Games already been informed about the problem are investigating and working to resolve this issue. 

Sorry for the problem, thanks for your patience and understanding. Games in beta can happen these problems.

Thank you so much for your time reporting this issue. You're doing a great job and helping the game get better. February 26th we will have a great new big update with news and fixes.

I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards, 
    Felipe G. 
    Rockstar Games Expert

• Felipe G.
    Felipe G.
    5617 Answers • 100% Helpful

We Experts are gamer like you, and we have been unable to play, because of that too. We have already submitted your report and of several other players to the Rockstar. It will be fixed soon, it was a big problem on the server. I apologize for the problem. Now it only depends on the repair team to finish the repairs soon.

• Like 1