Legendary Channel Catfish (#15) not in the map

Pekke

Hi i have just completed 14/15 legendary fish.

I have done also the optional mission a fisher of a fish part 2, but in the map i have not the Legendary Channel Catfish designed on the map.

it also is missing in the compendium.

The 100% list says that legendary fish is not completed.

How can i solve this problem?

The #15 Legendary chabbel catfish fish when appear on the map? Any Idea???

From what I’ve read, the legendary channel catfish remains just that -legendary. 

I've not seen anyone catching this mythical beast yet. 

If you’ve still got one left, it’ll appear in your progress list in your log. 

The list of the Legendary fish are:

• Bullhead Catfish
  • Chain Pickerel
  • Lake Sturgeon
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Longnose Gar
  • Muskie
  • Perch
  • Redfin Pickerel
  • Rock Bass
  • Smallmouth Bass
  • Sockeye Salmon
  • Steelhead Trout
  • Bluegill

The legendary Channel Catfish isn't listed in the official strategy guide except as part of the story mission.

There's also only 13 legendary fish, not 15.  There are 15 "ordinary fish".

The legendary Northern Pike is one you get in a story mission, the Legendary Channel Catfish isn't catchable as far as we know.  I'm guessing that you're confusing the legendary catches with the "catch all the fish in the world" trapper challenge (Survivalist 10).

Edited by Foxtrot

i finished the quest with john and im sure that i have done also the invite and finished the mission fisher of a fish part 2.  but the 15 fish (in the compendium is the first of the third line) named legendary channel catfish is not signed on the map. In this way the 100% progression for the legendary fish is not compeled and im afraid for the platinum trophy.

I dont kbow how t o resolve this.

This 15 legwbdary is impossibile to catch but is important to have identified it for the 100% in the progress.

Screenshot_20190305-185708.jpg

I wouldn’t worry about that screen. 

In the pause menu, go to “Progress” and then “Total completion”

If you have a tick next to “Legendary Fish”, then you’ve completed that achievement strand and you can move onto something else. 

2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I wouldn’t worry about that screen. 

In the pause menu, go to “Progress” and then “Total completion”

If you have a tick next to “Legendary Fish”, then you’ve completed that achievement strand and you can move onto something else. 

i see you beat me to it :)  i gave him pretty much same answer as your post above in his post on this in the Questions section.

According to the guide, after catching all the legendary fish and sending them to the angler, you then get an invitation to meet him down in New Austin and you two catch the Channel Catfish together.

Edited by Parzival

Attempt to catch it.  You've seen how that mission ends, and that's the end of it I'm afraid.  If someone had figured out how to catch it, it would certainly be common knowledge by now.

You'll see in your compendium that the Legendary Channel Catfish is 100% and Caught 0/1.

3 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Attempt to catch it.  You've seen how that mission ends, and that's the end of it I'm afraid.  If someone had figured out how to catch it, it would certainly be common knowledge by now.

You'll see in your compendium that the Legendary Channel Catfish is 100% and Caught 0/1.

Ah, I see. I haven't actually completed that mission yet, so I wasn't aware. Right now, I'm having trouble getting the salmon in Lake Isabella.

9 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Ok, hope I've not spoilt too much for you.  It looks as though you generally know what's coming up anyway.

Yeah, it's no biggie. It's like telling someone Claire and Leon escaped at the end of RE2, still vague enough to not really affect the telling of the story.

Has anybody invested any real time in Catching the legendary Channel? It gives you a Optimum fishing conditions oh, I'm just wondering before I personally try if anybody else has tried to spend a few hours fishing there at the right times?

There's a supposed email from Rockstar at the end of this video (no spoilers for the final mission, it's linked to start when the email is shown) stating that the legendary channel catfish can't be caught.

If that really is the case, it's kind of a douchebag move by Rockstar to put an icon for the thing on the map. 🙄

• 5 months later...