Robins??

lumper

Question

In three play through's Ive never seen one

I found the others, but no Robins, so........

Anyone get a Robin? I could use a clue, I used the map location of them as listed on the rdr2 map and site but no soap, ive been looking aggressively for weeks.

Edited by lumper
mis spelled a word in the title.

11 answers to this question

you can find all the song birds flying around the grasslands and hills south and soutwest of Emerald Station.  Watch the sky for the small birds, they're easy to miss.  sometimes you'll scare them up from the shrubs too while riding around.

They're also all along the dakota river from where it empties into Flat Iron Lake up to the waterfall.  ride the river edge and you'll find them sitting on the rocks and fallen down trees.  random spawn, so i shoot every one i see to get a different (maybe) spawn the next time by.  Riding from the waterfall at morning to the lake, then camp at the lake and ride back to the waterfall the next morning (usually takes a full day to ride that) got me all the song birds and other birds i needed, except the owl.

Edited by Kormath
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From everything I've heard you were wasting your time at the kamassa river...

I also noted the same thing you did earlier that on a horse there are thousands of birds.. they also love to fly overhead anytime I'm skinning an animal... Conveniently gone when I'm finished

Red Bird equals cardinal, Redbird equals Songbird, Redbird equals "red crow" (joke)...no freaking Robbins, oh except the two good ones I have ...

Edited by Dewy1314

16 minutes ago, Kormath said:

you can find all the song birds flying around the grasslands and hills south and southwest of Emerald Station.  Watch the sky for the small birds, they're easy to miss.  sometimes you'll scare them up from the shrubs too while riding around.

They're also all along the Dakota river from where it empties into Flat Iron Lake up to the waterfall.  ride the river edge and you'll find them sitting on the rocks and fallen down trees.  random spawn, so i shoot every one i see to get a different (maybe) spawn the next time by.  Riding from the waterfall at morning to the lake, then camp at the lake and ride back to the waterfall the next morning (usually takes a full day to ride that) got me all the song birds and other birds i needed, except the owl.

I have done both those areas and never seen a Robin, but I guess if you look at it logically the game will eventually spawn one, so I guess that is my answer, just hang out at the river til I find one.

uggg lol I hate these small birds they ae very difficult to see and find and then it is a crap shoot to their quality. Ill get it.

2 minutes ago, lumper said:

I have done both those areas and never seen a Robin, but I guess if you look at it logically the game will eventually spawn one, so I guess that is my answer, just hang out at the river til I find one.

uggg lol I hate these small birds they ae very difficult to see and find and then it is a crap shoot to their quality. Ill get it.

varmint rifle and buck trinket, small birds like that are almost always upgraded unless they're a 1 star.  If you do the river aim at the rocks, along the top edges, i found using your scope or binoc's will scare them to fly away,  open sites don't bother them.  once found i'd walk the horse up until they flew away and shoot them out of the air, easier than hitting them on the rock

I found one easily enough on the main road between Twin Stacks.  Varmint rifle and the buck trinket invariably gives you a perfect carcass.  I don't even think they need to be three-star to start with.

18 hours ago, Kormath said:

you can find all the song birds flying around the grasslands and hills south and soutwest of Emerald Station.  Watch the sky for the small birds, they're easy to miss.  sometimes you'll scare them up from the shrubs too while riding around.

They're also all along the dakota river from where it empties into Flat Iron Lake up to the waterfall.  ride the river edge and you'll find them sitting on the rocks and fallen down trees.  random spawn, so i shoot every one i see to get a different (maybe) spawn the next time by.  Riding from the waterfall at morning to the lake, then camp at the lake and ride back to the waterfall the next morning (usually takes a full day to ride that) got me all the song birds and other birds i needed, except the owl.

ThIs the best answer by far! if anybody agrees please push the vote button so It can get to the top. this is very annoying issue for a lot of us!

I finally caught a robin and it only took me down up and Back Again I found a Robin on my third pass, it happened to be perfect!

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, Dewy1314 said:

I am on this exact same problem everybody tells me there at the Dakota River and they will not flock!

Robns do not flock.  They will be singular birds sitting on rocks.  As are Cardinals, Blue Jays, and others.  Just keep going up and down the Dakota from the lake to the falls.  Mark the spots you find them as they tend to spawn in the same place.  Be fast because they tend to fly off quickly as soon as you see them in the binos or scope.  This was one of the most time consuming challenges to date.  Don't think I could have completed getting them without the trinket.  Muskrats, Opossums, and Skunks were equally a pain to collect.

17 hours ago, Rango said:

Robns do not flock.  They will be singular birds sitting on rocks.  As are Cardinals, Blue Jays, and others.  Just keep going up and down the Dakota from the lake to the falls.  Mark the spots you find them as they tend to spawn in the same place.  Be fast because they tend to fly off quickly as soon as you see them in the binos or scope.  This was one of the most time consuming challenges to date.  Don't think I could have completed getting them without the trinket.  Muskrats, Opossums, and Skunks were equally a pain to collect.

Wrong.  At the Dakota River they will not flock, you'll find them sitting alone or with other birds on the rocks and logs.

Running around the grassy area south and west of Emerald Station they will flock.  If you can call 3 flying together a flock, it's the most i've seen flying together.  Sometimes they'll fly with other birds also, i shot one that was with a few sparrows last weekend.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, Kormath said:

Wrong.  At the Dakota River they will not flock, you'll find them sitting alone or with other birds on the rocks and logs.

Running around the grassy area south and west of Emerald Station they will flock.  If you can call 3 flying together a flock, it's the most i've seen flying together.  Sometimes they'll fly with other birds also, i shot one that was with a few sparrows last weekend.

I stand corrected.  I never found them in the grasslands myself.