Can I change my character?

lumper

Question

I just had to restart the online part of the game.

I am at the very beginning I just got a horse, and havent done anything else.

I have 10 gold bars gifted to me by Rockstar, will I lose them if I change my guy?

See I messed up and started playing the wrong profile, so my gold was gifted to my other player, the one I first set up, I hated so I started another on my other profile, I got to level 7 on that one, and was looking for my gold so I could advance, but now, to get the gold, I had to revert to my first profile set up, which is a character I hate, I just dont like him at all, can I change him?

Problem is I set up 2 step verification using my other profile like a dope and now the only way I can have the reward is to play under that profile, and so I dont mind starting over, I wasnt having any fun anyway, But I cant stomach this inbred looking hick I have now, I need a new dude

Thanks

12 answers to this question

On 3/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, bluntTR4P said:

You lose everything but your money when you delete your character. So if you are fine with losing your level up stats and all your other items, it might be worth it to ya. 

On 3/17/2019 at 7:45 AM, dredd1961 said:

You keep your current cash and gold bars. Everything else is deleted permanently. 

Ok thanks,

I would love to delete my guy and make a new one, but I dont want to start over, I just hit level 20 and I am nearly at 25 my goal, to get the off hand holster so I can wield two pistols, / sawed off's etc..
So I guess Im stuck with this portly Murfree looking mf'er

8 hours ago, lumper said:

Ok thanks,

I would love to delete my guy and make a new one, but I dont want to start over, I just hit level 20 and I am nearly at 25 my goal, to get the off hand holster so I can wield two pistols, / sawed off's etc..

Trust me lvl 20 is nothing, I know a guy (in my Posse) who reached level 50 and just couldn't stand the way his character looked compared to ours (he rushed his as we took our time). He eventually just restarted and is back at lvl 23.

I say if you dislike the character so much you might as well start over while you are still a low level. Levelling up to 20 isn't that much of a grind especially if you play with friends. I think but not sure you get more XP the bigger your posse is idk though.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

If you're not willing to grind all over again I'm sure the option will become available at some point like it is in GTAO.  Although it will likely cost some in-game money.

Id gladly pay to make a few changes, I dont mind keeping my guy, I just want to change a few of his attributes, one really.

I didnt know what to think when I started and I made a guy to look like an old minor, over weight, older, grey hair, lot of wisdom/history in his face, and over all I dont mind him, I just thought it was fitting to make him a little over weight and now I want to slim him down a bit.

Edited by lumper

4 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I believe they’re adding an update to the character generator in the next title update (could have sworn I saw that in the article). Perhaps just wait and you might get a chance at a freebie redo...

That would be great, let's hope.

I am just going to wait and see.

I know level 20 seems like no big deal, but I play alone, so getting here has been insanely boring, being that I did most of fishing/hunting.

I now have decent weapons for hunting, and fighting and plenty of lures, bait, etc.. 

The idea of starting over at level 1 just to lose 30 lbs isnt worth it to me.

My goal is to get to level 25, add the off hand holster, and carry two side arms, then play the story missions, side missions, stranger missions and just try everything the game has to offer, Ive tried a few missions and stuff but I wasnt ready with ability cards, guns, or experience frankly.

I am just about comfortable enough with my guy's set up to start fighting and shooting, learning more about how to dive, use cover, flick for head shots, etc.. I have a ton to learn, but I decided early on  that I would do so with adequate weapons, and I would just avoid all that stuff until I have what I need to feel comfortable.

Edited by lumper

@lumper I know you can change your hair and maybe because you have a male character you can do something with facial hair which can make a huge change. I glitched my favorite character early on and for giggles chose a female. My options are extremely limited aside from stupid looking clothes. I wanted to make her look like Annie Oakley but Annie Oakley's hairdo costs a bar of gold. I'm on the fence but I know I'll probably spend the bar of gold in the name of historical accuracy. OBTW her given name was Phoebe Ann Moses, b. 8/13/1860, d: 1926

annie-oakley-1.jpg

On 3/24/2019 at 10:41 AM, Born Homicidal said:

Trust me lvl 20 is nothing, I know a guy (in my Posse) who reached level 50 and just couldn't stand the way his character looked compared to ours (he rushed his as we took our time). He eventually just restarted and is back at lvl 23.

I say if you dislike the character so much you might as well start over while you are still a low level. Levelling up to 20 isn't that much of a grind especially if you play with friends. I think but not sure you get more XP the bigger your posse is idk though.

LOL, no way man.

Im at level 24 trying to make 25, been on for 4 hours, caught hundreds of fish, skinned dozens of animals, still need 1300 xp points, ugg no way could I stomach starting over, its not like the single player where you want to start over, I just want to get to a level where I can buy everything I enjoy using and feel god about and then cal it a day and just play.
Im close, after level 25 I cant do much til around level 90 lol and I dont even know if Ill ever get that high.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:31 PM, lumper said:

Ok thanks,

RS have said recently,  that sometime soon, players will be able to make cosmetic changes to existing characters. So there is hope dude.