Player dot

kevzo4

Question

13 answers to this question

9 hours ago, kevzo4 said:

Does anyone know how to determine what colour dot you are online?

4 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

I have an other question:

What does the colors mean: light blue, dark blue, pink, red, dark red

9 hours ago, kevzo4 said:

The darker the dot, the more dishonorable that player has been, killing other players and NPCs

Edited by Vaderspupil
Quoted kevzo4 twice

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The darker the dot, the more dishonorable that player has been, killing other players and NPCs

Thx. I got the idea that deviating colors attracks a lot of players😥👎

1 hour ago, Herta47 said:

My idea is to ban those players for one hour of so. And if repeatedly longer!  

You can't ban people like that for several reasons (namely the fact that not all red dots are griefers) but also PvP is part of the Free Roam experience in RDO.  That means sometimes people are encouraged to kill other players whether it's a daily challenge, a side mission you're trying to complete, etc.  

However, with the proximity blips, the blip range penalty, bounties, the fact that you can now parlay with entire posses, 1 kill parlays, etc., there is now some level of balance now and options for players who are indiscriminately killed by others.  It's not perfect but at least (IMO) they've shown they want to continue in the direction of their vision for RDO. 

Right now, it's quite obvious who the more aggressive players are in a session and as mentioned, you may be able to see them but they won't be able to see you as long as you're more than 150 meters away.  .....which is relatively close.   .....and assuming you haven't been chalking up kills yourself.

Remember though, just because someone is a red dot doesn't mean they have been out griefing people.  They could have killed players defending themselves or even NPCs if they slaughtered enough of them.  I still avoid any in that color range regardless.

@kevzo4,

Welcome to the forums.  I wish I had an answer.  At this point, I don't think there is a way to easily tell.  .....at least not one that I have discovered.  If you ddo find out a way, please let me know.

as far as I can tell you cant really see if you are a certain color, but I have a theory that it's based on Bounties.

as stated a lot of Red players aren't actually griefers/ people that KOS. My crew has been Red at times and we are anti griefing (we are one of the good guys). Ive seen blue players always shoot at us even when we are minding our own business.

Light blue- Posse members.

Dark Blue- "friendly" players (0.00-5.00 bounty)

Purple- semi-"friendly/hostile" player (5.01-9.99 bounty)

Dark Red- "Hostile" Player (10.00+ bounty hunters will chase them)

Bright Red- Player who has engaged in combat with you/ immediate danger unless on a mission then it just turns them as threats since they are in the radius of your mission so be wary,

14 hours ago, Born Homicidal said:

as far as I can tell you cant really see if you are a certain color, but I have a theory that it's based on Bounties.

as stated a lot of Red players aren't actually griefers/ people that KOS. My crew has been Red at times and we are anti griefing (we are one of the good guys). Ive seen blue players always shoot at us even when we are minding our own business.

Light blue- Posse members.

Dark Blue- "friendly" players (0.00-5.00 bounty)

Purple- semi-"friendly/hostile" player (5.01-9.99 bounty)

Dark Red- "Hostile" Player (10.00+ bounty hunters will chase them)

Bright Red- Player who has engaged in combat with you/ immediate danger unless on a mission then it just turns them as threats since they are in the radius of your mission so be wary,

Quite clear collor explanation. It remains difficult in practice!

Your explenation brings up the idea to create a special mission option "bounty hunting" with extra bonus in time. That's the way to encourage Hostile players. 

Edited by Herta47
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Kean_1 said:

I wish I had an answer.  At this point, I don't think there is a way to easily tell.  .....at least not one that I have discovered.  If you ddo find out a way, please let me know.

When you push down on the d pad it gives you all sorts of information - the time, temperature, your bank balance etc.  it also shows your name.  When  I do it, my name is blue.  Is that because I'm tediously honourable, or is it the same for everyone?  Maybe someone who is firmly in the red zone could try that, and see if their name comes up blue or red.

If no-one has tried, and posted the result here, by the time I get home, maybe I'll go on a killing spree, rack up a bounty,and see if that makes a difference.  apologies if you get in my way later, its all in the spirit of scientific research!

2 minutes ago, Harlock1796 said:

When you push down on the d pad it gives you all sorts of information - the time, temperature, your bank balance etc.  it also shows your name.  When  I do it, my name is blue.  Is that because I'm tediously honourable, or is it the same for everyone?  Maybe someone who is firmly in the red zone could try that, and see if their name comes up blue or red.

If no-one has tried, and posted the result here, by the time I get home, maybe I'll go on a killing spree, rack up a bounty,and see if that makes a difference.  apologies if you get in my way later, its all in the spirit of scientific research!

Good question as I'm the same as you.  ......forever a white hat kinda guy.  I think I've only ever had 2 bounties since the TU.  One was for skirmishes with some NPCs for around 10 - 20 cents and another for a kill in self defense for about the same bounty.