NDX47

8 minutes ago, NDX47 said:

Has anybody gone back to the old camp sites as John? One night decided to go back to that camp next the burned downed forest. The campsite where you learn all the things and its close to Valentine. It was during the day noonish in-game.

As soon as John walks through the old camp site. Was hearing auditory illusions what sounded alot like the party when Sean was rescued. Hearing the gang laughing and a little bit of dutch's music player playing as well in the background. Instantly felt remorse as if that gang was a second family. While it looking empty and having remnants of settlement.

Either it was me hearing that myself. Or they did some strong emotional detail within the game. It was sorta a mind-fluck for me. Really breaks the forth-wall. Wondering if anyone has come across that or if it was real from me or simulated from the game itself.

never noticed it, and i play the game with headphones on 99% of the time, just to hear those soft noises i can't hear from the TV.  could have missed it though, but i did like going back to look at the camps and see if anything was left behind, broken wagon wheel, busted crates, not much else.

Hmm, might of been me then. It happened a month ago. Remember hearing memories while sitting on the horse in the middle of the old camp. Think there was a subtle flash on the screen as well. Went there as soon as the epilogue started. Did not record it for some reason though. Thank you for your input bud.

Yes, remember it sounding alot like Tilly as well. Not sure what was said either. Also not sure if the honor system is what makes it happen or not. At first Thought it was one of the O'Driscolls setting up camp nearby or something.

Was getting battle ready and then Tilly's voice saying something then laughter-party kind of sounds following afterwards. Glad to not be the lone ranger on this one. That's a really strong detail within a game.

For the reason was feeling bumed out of all the great times there and remembering my own memories and then a subtle audio hallucination layered on top of that was very different experience. Didn't cry or nothing that serious. Yet, definitely strucked a chord.

Edited by NDX47

Yeah, I'm sure there's quite a few places where there's musical/visual/vocal things like this.  I was out at Bluewater Marsh yesterday hunting for owls in the night and clearly heard a church bell.  There's other times where the background music changes or there's a sudden tone that pops up.  I'm sure it's significant, but I haven't worked it out.

These flashbacks happen at camp sites, but I'm unsure how they're triggered. I was up the snow on a skin hunt in the epilogue and decided to hunker down in Colter for the night, and upon entering the town, I heard the exchange that John and Abigail have after Arthur and Javier rescue him and bring him back. I've also been to other camp sites and heard nothing.

5 hours ago, Parzival said:

These flashbacks happen at camp sites, but I'm unsure how they're triggered. I was up the snow on a skin hunt in the epilogue and decided to hunker down in Colter for the night, and upon entering the town, I heard the exchange that John and Abigail have after Arthur and Javier rescue him and bring him back. I've also been to other camp sites and heard nothing.

Good to know, so i must not have done whatever triggers this.

The church bells trigger like the spaghetti westerns for me. Last gang member left alive getting shot between the eyes and then a church bell *Ding!* comes out. Not even sure if there was even a church nearby. Either way works great for me.

Been thinking with the flashbacks it might have to do with the honor system or how well Arthur treated John if you greeted and antagonized him alot or not. Remember something similar hearing Abigails voice at one time while traveling down a trail from a mountain area once. Sensing there's more mysteries in the game than whats been discovered so far. 

Heck Rockstar even said way back during the mount chiliad thing. Stating there's still stuff people haven't found in San Andreas that have yet to be surfaced. Then whatever explanation anyone wants to believe in for the GTA V thing. Now having portals, different universes and etc on RDRII. 

A lot of mystery hunting to get done for three games so far.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, NDX47 said:

Has anybody gone back to the old camp sites as John? One night decided to go back to that camp next the burned downed forest. The campsite where you learn all the things and its close to Valentine. It was during the day noonish in-game.

As soon as John walks through the old camp site. Was hearing auditory illusions what sounded alot like the party when Sean was rescued. Hearing the gang laughing and a little bit of dutch's music player playing as well in the background. Instantly felt remorse as if that gang was a second family. While it looking empty and having remnants of settlement.

Either it was me hearing that myself. Or they did some strong emotional detail within the game. It was sorta a mind-fluck for me. Really breaks the forth-wall. Wondering if anyone has come across that or if it was real from me or simulated from the game itself.

Yes, as you go back to the old camp spots, you should hear dialogue from the gang members, like a haunting memory in Johns head.

I was able to hear this at both Clemmens point and Horseshoe overlook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took a ride up to the ledge at the end of the Chapter 6 events.  I didn't hear any voices there.  The background music took on a darker tone, but I don't know whether that's connected at all.

The darker musical tones followed me as I took Dutch's route down from the mountain, but I don't think there's anything to discover down there.

• Thanks 1

• NDX47 changed the title to .