SharpShooter Challenge 4

Neil

I am stuck at this challenge for long time now, SHARPSHOOTER 4 80 FEET TOMHAWK KILL, I tried everything but still nothing it now says 70 feet of 80 feet left, I don't know how to measure 10 feet distance now, please help anyone who is facing similar situation, I have completed everything just this Sharpshooter challenge is left, I am physically disabled, suffering from a brain disorder, any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance folks,

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

I am stuck at this challenge for long time now, SHARPSHOOTER 4 80 FEET TOMHAWK KILL, I tried everything but still nothing it now says 70 feet of 80 feet left, I don't know how to measure 10 feet distance now, please help anyone who is facing similar situation, I have completed everything just this Sharpshooter challenge is left, I am physically disabled, suffering from a brain disorder, any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance folks,

you have to throw it 80 feet in one shot if i recall.

What i did both times is go up to one of the guards at the oil refinery, one with a rifle at the gate by the building in the north.  Use a crafted tomahawk, enhanced or honed i think they're called, they fly farther.  Aim at the guard walk backwards until the red target dot turns white, then step forward to make it red again.  Then activate dead eye, (make sure your dead eye meter is full, you don't want to use a tonic to turn the ring yellow, you want it to count down as you walk) mark the guard's head (this has to be a killing throw) and walk backwards until dead eye runs out and it throws the tomahawk automagically.

Most times the guard will turn hostile and shoot at you, but you should still be able to do it.

Edited by Kormath

I don't think I needed the deadeye trick.  I just aimed and retreated until the aim point went white and then stepped forward.  I just used deadeye to get the headshot to guarantee the kill.

The hardest part of this is finding your enemy.  I just used one of the gang hideouts - Hanging Dog Ranch has plenty of open space around it.

The areas to the side of the river here have plenty of wildlife, so you can complete Sharpshooter 5 here as well (kill 6 animals without reloading), and then you can return to the ranch for Sharpshooter 6 (600ft kill - there's usually a guy on the water tower that you can see and shoot from a mile away).

16 hours ago, Kormath said:

you have to throw it 80 feet in one shot if i recall.

What i did both times is go up to one of the guards at the oil refinery, one with a rifle at the gate by the building in the north.  Use a crafted tomahawk, enhanced or honed i think they're called, they fly farther.  Aim at the guard walk backwards until the red target dot turns white, then step forward to make it red again.  Then activate dead eye, (make sure your dead eye meter is full, you don't want to use a tonic to turn the ring yellow, you want it to count down as you walk) mark the guard's head (this has to be a killing throw) and walk backwards until dead eye runs out and it throws the tomahawk automagically.

Most times the guard will turn hostile and shoot at you, but you should still be able to do it.

I did try that, but no sucess now the game says 73 of 80 foot thrown tomahawk enemy kill,

this is weird, or am i doing something wrong?

These guards will probably be moving when they're activated in this way, so they might be moving closer toward you.

Try it with an enemy who's static and ideally hasn't spotted you.  I managed this on my first attempt, at an gang camp.

4 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

These guards will probably be moving when they're activated in this way, so they might be moving closer toward you.

Try it with an enemy who's static and ideally hasn't spotted you.  I managed this on my first attempt, at an gang camp.

the water tower guy you mentioned would probably work well for this also.  he won't get off the tower from my experience.

Usually the gate guards at the refinery will stand there and shoot at you, problem i ran into there occasionally was other guards coming in and shooting also.  Run away, let them reset and try it again.

This took me awhile too. It doesn't say enemy and strangers don't always attack if you miss! I literally just walked up to a fisherman from across any river on a ridge, three it far to get my aim then thunked him! I kept trying to retreat but I found fisherman to be better.

10 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

This took me awhile too. It doesn't say enemy and strangers don't always attack if you miss! I literally just walked up to a fisherman from across any river on a ridge, three it far to get my aim then thunked him! I kept trying to retreat but I found fisherman to be better.

It does say enemy, at least everything i can find.  I restarted my game last night and haven't gotten to this one yet so unless it's been changed, it's an enemy.

https://www.rdr2.org/guides/sharpshooter-challenge-guide/2/#kill-an-enemy-at-least-80-feet-away-with-a-thrown-tomahawk

1 hour ago, Dewy1314 said:

I know I used this technique for SAME tomahawk but I think the first miss will generally turn them red

Don't think so, at least not when i was trying this one before i caught they had to be enemies.  I was trying with the ranchers in Emerald Ranch.  The few times i missed (usually from too far away before i read the dead eye trick) they'd run and report me for disturbing the peace of all things.

Guess it would depend on who you're targetting, maybe it's just the ranchers that run away.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kormath said:

Don't think so, at least not when i was trying this one before i caught they had to be enemies.  I was trying with the ranchers in Emerald Ranch.  The few times i missed (usually from too far away before i read the dead eye trick) they'd run and report me for disturbing the peace of all things.

Guess it would depend on who you're targetting, maybe it's just the ranchers that run away.

Fisherman, travelers and campers respond...learned this while hunting birds.