help in pvp

lumper

Question

So, I just had the most frustrating experience so far in pvp.

I joined showdown series large in hopes that there would be lots of players so more targets more people etc.. I hate running around looking for people and never finding anyone or being killed long before I can spot a target, but I digress.

Im so pissed right now, maybe if I explain what happened someone can help me understand.

I watched several videos on game play to get a better understanding of how to play in pvp.

then I join showdown series large,  so I start off in Tall trees you get a shotgun, a carbine an d a pistol, chose your weapon its called.

Three times in the first 5 minutes I found a target, took aim and fired, and nothing, no shot fired, like my gun was empty, so I tried again, again, again, I can not get it to fire and of course by the 4th attempt they turn and kill me.

So first WTF why wont my gun fire, this happened 3 x in just a few minutes then happened again in a Annesburg map, playing teams not territory or plunder I am not sure what really seemed like team death match to me, anyway same thing, I lock on, and my gun wont fire!!

I am freaking out thinking, what am I doing wrong, my guns are cleaned, loaded up, I only have reg ammo for some reason even though I bought lots of all types, I wanted to use my lancaster but I never have it, only a carbine and shotty, so ok, I suppose everyone has the same starting weapons I dunno, but the fact that mine dont work leaves me a little confused and a lot pissed off, this happened several times, by the time I run away, test fire my gun, make sure it is working then go back, it does it again!!

Wtf?

I am trying oh so hard to like this game, I am going in to pvp knowing I am not going to do very well at first, I totally expect that, I cant see well, I dont know the maps that well, etc.. so ok, whatever, but when things just dont work then I feel like ok, this is just stupid, I dont understand it and it is zero fun.

Why are my guns not firing?

Why cant I bring my lancaster into pvp?

What modes are there where I decide my guns?

Im determined to succeed I just want to get a little better for now, and I have played a few times before but this was never an issue, I got so mad I just quit and nearly threw my controller.

Its bad enough Im not very good, but for the love of God why wont my freakin gun fire!!!

If someone can enlighten me a little I would really appreciate it.

8 answers to this question

I can't explain it, but I know this happened to me a couple of times last night and this morning as well.

Very frustrating. If it's some kind of intended mechanic it's not explained very well, if at all. 

I hope this isn't an exploit some have found, because I can't seem to shake the feeling this only happened when I was aiming at certain players. 

Do you look at you loadout from the side menu in before matches? 

Edited by Miltonastic

Yeah the same sh*t been happening to me last few days

I'm shooting blanks

I don't think it is an exploit, they just got lots of bugs or doing something with the programming is my opinion.

I already reported it to,R*

And yeah in Name your weapons teams, free for all they assign you weapons.

Almost everything else (except make it count);is bring your own weapons...

And just for laughs, every time I die in free room my shotgun turns into Lancaster repeater and I got to change it back...

Game is full of bugs, I just don't let them get to me anymore

Edited by Dissention

the carbine is very bad into pvp to be honest with ya , theres ability dead eye like slippery bastard that make you unable to aim on targets , slow and steady can take a headshot as well , unblinking eye hat take a headshots ... make sure your aim reticule is fully sized then aim up a little for the head, quick aim and shoot without aim being fully sized will shoot blank. , if you use shotgun i suggest going no scope /aim  ,  just fire with r2 and it will auto lock on target and shoot faster than if u has to aim

Edited by pluck3

6 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

I can't explain it, but I know this happened to me a couple of times last night and this morning as well.

Very frustrating. If it's some kind of intended mechanic it's not explained very well, if at all. 

I hope this isn't an exploit some have found, because I can't seem to shake the feeling this only happened when I was aiming at certain players. 

Do you look at you loadout from the side menu in before matches? 

5 hours ago, Dissention said:

Yeah the same sh*t been happening to me last few days

I'm shooting blanks

I don't think it is an exploit, they just got lots of bugs or doing something with the programming is my opinion.

I already reported it to,R*

And yeah in Name your weapons teams, free for all they assign you weapons.

Almost everything else (except make it count);is bring your own weapons...

And just for laughs, every time I die in free room my shotgun turns into Lancaster repeater and I got to change it back...

Game is full of bugs, I just don't let them get to me anymore

Thanks, I feel better knowing its not just me.

I went in and played spoils of war instead, and that worked fine, it was fun, and I was able to bring my Lancaster lol.

Ill try again another time, but that tall trees map and whatever mode that is isnt my favorite anyway, its chaotic and difficult to locate anyone, I guess I need a lot more practice first.

Thanks again

Havent had issues like that in pvp games. Only blurred out ppl in free roam for some days but not yesterday. 

Loosing can get frustrating but try to use that frustration to further mobilize You to be better. I have bad days myself and i bet it applies to anyone. 

A couple of days ago i had the wors pvp day ever. Could not concentrate, made stupid mistakes, had my ass handed to me. Then comes another day and im in top 3 every match.   Hell, 2 days ago some noob (lvl 20ish) tried to kill me from horse back when i was skinning and failed to headshot me. He then run away to escape and i started chasing him. When he realized my horse is faster he took ground and waited for me. I changed ammo for explosive to teach him a lesson, turned my slow and stedy on, took target aaaaand failed, got shot in the head bcoz i forgot to reload my gun...... i was soo angry. After that dude jumped sessions. 

I would suggest doing "small" showdown series at first. The large ones tend to be more chaotic - You getting shot from many angles bcoz there is more ppl. Once u feel more comfortable You can do the large ones. In the small ones try to take Your time, hide, look around slowly for hiding enemies, try to lock on with aim when looking around - the target can be hidden in bush, you will not see him but the aim will lock on to him. 

Also i would recommend to change the size of the reticule in options to minimum. The "fat" dot is too big and You can miss the headshot when the target is far away. The small one gives You more precision. Before the shot take time to aim, hold for one sec to make the aim more accurate. 

Use potions. Never give up ;) You will get better, 

Also what card layout(s) do You use ? 

James Hickcock_1837 said

"Loosing can get frustrating but try to use that frustration to further mobilize You to be better. I have bad days myself and i bet it applies to anyone. "

I just want to re-iterate Yes, I am not very good yet, yes I definitely need more practice, But no I didnt get frustrated over losing, lol, I dont mind losing at all, what I was upset over was, taking aim, locking on, and then nothing.....no bullets would fire from my gun, it was as if the gun jammed, or was not loaded, when in fact it was just cleaned, and was fully loaded, for some reason, several times in a row, I could not fire a shot, this was super frustrating, because yes, Im new to pvp and not very good, so when I do get a shot, I want my shot!! lol  and I definitely did not get one, this happened several times, I joined a game in progress, then went into a new map, then one more, in each case, I came to a point where, for no reason that I could see, my guns just did not work.

So to be clear, there was some kind of problem, a bug, a glitch, ? I dunno, but I am not the only one to experience this exact thing, so I dont know what was going but it was not right.

Good ti[ on the reticule, I had thought about that but you just made my mind up, I am going to try that.

Also, I too was shot at by a player while I was skinning an animal just after this incident, he was a higher lvel than me, a lot higher like a 147 I think, he came at me, I hid behind my horse a little and in my mic I said, hey,!! dont shoot at me!! Im hunting dude cmon!! dont mess with a hunter in free roam, whats wrong with you?! then he kept shooting, so waited for him to fire again, then popped my head out and popped him with a head shot, killing him, I then rode offas I was hunting and had no money at all, I had just got notice my camp fee's couldnt be paid, lol so I was sort of working on that and didnt feel like getting all side tracked to play someone else's game, I wanted to play what I was doing, so... I did

That felt great, but the player who shot me sure didnt seem to have the skillz of a level 147 player so I almost think a friend, or child were playing on his sign in or something.

Edited by lumper

I won mvp and first on my team today so..... trucking along, lol.

I did have the gun act empty experience again, and with a lancaster, and a shotgun, I dunno why, but when I noticed it I just opened the weapon wheel at first it showed 0 ammo, but then showed my actual ammo count, like ti changed quickly, so I dunno just gad I caught it.

• Like 1

Same experience in PvP. Even worse, I'm running into Griefers who are impossible to kill. They are Level 20 ish. One stood right next to me blowing my brains out but my ammo had no effect. Another was 20 feet away and ghosting. Early this morning, there was no one on my map whatsoever. my horse dropped from under me three times with a single shot ringing out and then I was shot again and again. No one on the map. This invisibility glitch must be on the internet somewhere for programmable controllers for something because it seems more and more Griefers are using some kind of cheat. Then before you can even fill out the cheat report, they hit you again and jumper server making a cheat report in possible because their name is not in the players list. If you run into LilPrty please blow his brains out for me LOL