Red Dead Online : Fake beta ?

Daniel216

Question

Hello there ! I’m new in this forum and I decided to ask some questions about Red Dead series and especially the new multiplayer game of Rockstar Games, Red Dead Online. After much months, I still seeing that this online is still in beta. From how i seeing, this is a fake beta, why ? Because here we can have evidences like the virtual shop, is very strange to see a virtual shop that working in a beta. This game have a lot of bugs or informatic errors. I hate how Rockstar think more about GTA Online than Red Dead Online and I hate especially when Rockstar think just to release pvp modes instead of release more free roam contents. I can’t explain better about all problems of Red Dead Online but I can say that this online is released bad and Rockstar found the excuse of the beta. I don’t have words. And you ? What do you think about Red Dead Online ? If you want, you can answer me !

18 answers to this question

RDO is a beta in name only. Anyone who would believe it is a true beta is fooling themselves. My belief is the online game was not ready. However R* put it out to take advantage of the success of the single player. The online mode should have been released six months later.  

• Like 1

Yeah, it's all fake.  RDO isn't really in development and they have no plans to create or release new content for it.  .....and no one is actually being allowed to play during this time.  Oh, and MTXs are irrefutable proof of that.  .....yeah, spot on.

• Haha 1

I agree that it is frustrating to consider the game a full Beta at this point, BUT I remember that the developers went a year over their time budget and millions of dollars over their financial budget to bring us the single player game and the foundation of the online.

They obviously had very lofty goals for the sake of business and the way things work, they were lucky to be in a position to control so much of that and have the freedom to do whatever it takes to deliver their vision and the best experience that they can.

The single player game proves that, so to me it seems that they just ran out of time, and now that the game is out they have to juggle their responsibilities while scrambling to complete the game the way they had imagined it to be and all we can do at this point is have faith that they have our best interest in mind and they want the game to be great, I believe given enough time, they will deliver and amazing game and all we can do is try to be patient.

I think many people myself included are frustrated because we love the game so much and we just want it to be done already so we can really get into it, but sadly that isnt where we are right now,.

The good news is every week that passes brings us one week closer to the final product and its official release, if the game  sucked people would have already moved on, this game is special and is going to help change the way games are made and what we as consumers will come to expect and demand more of, its all good for us,the only down side is we have to wait, and we have to be patient and we have to trust Rockstar to use this time wisely and get it all together, I think its going to be great, very soon.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

change the way games are made and what we as consumers will come to expect and demand more of,

yeah like finish the ****ing game b4 the release like they did back in the day and maybe try to dont copy / paste the same stuff that has been used in every singel game from the same company. What exactly is revolutionary with this game?

#go here, kill that, go back

Rinse and repeate 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zampen said:

change the way games are made and what we as consumers will come to expect and demand more of,

yeah like finish the ****ing game b4 the release like they did back in the day and maybe try to dont copy / paste the same stuff that has been used in every singel game from the same company. What exactly is revolutionary with this game?

#go here, kill that, go back

Rinse and repeate 

If that is your opinion then you are certainly entitled to it, I disagree, strongly.

I have never seen a game with such good acting, good story, great graphics, and physics, or AI, etc    ever in my life and I have been playing video games for a long time, since 1975 or before, that is my earliest memory of it, 74, / 75.

Not only that but they broke the mold of finishing a game within the deadline no matter what, even if that game isnt quite right or could be better, Rockstar said no way, we arent releasing this game until it is near perfect, (talking about the single player game) they werent willing to sacrifice any quality for time or money, and that is a huge step in the right direction for gamers who want the best.

If you dont think the game is amazing and realize that with enough time, they will release a great product then why do you care so much, just move on to a better game.

I think the reason so many people are so upset, is they  are very passionate about the game and they want to play it right now,  and they arent considering what it took to make this game and the fact that yeah, they fell behind on budget and time, get over it, its not the end of the world, it is a video game, and they arent going to hurry it along because you want to play it right now, they didnt listen to their board of directors and they arent going to listen to us either.

It is a matter of father knows best, they know your pissed, they know you wanted it yesterday,  but they also know what they are capable of  and they know what they want the game to look like and feel like and play like when it is done, so you have to trust them and just find something else to do in the meantime.

It seems crazy to me, to ":demand" anything or to roast them over it and call them names and complain about them,etc.. this is a game you like, the people who made this game and put this much into it have my respect 100% and I will be patient, after seeing how amazing of an experience they already delivered in the single player version I have no doubt that they will make online as good as it can be in time.

Acting like your mad, making threats to leave and not come back, etc.. all the things people are doing, they are doing out of frustration because they simply want to play the game in its glory, not this un-finished mess of a game that we have at the moment.

Just hang in there, once it is released and fixed, everyone will come back, people say nope, Im out, Ive had it, they did this and that and because of that they lost me, well I Say good, see ya, we have plenty of players, and will have plenty more,  there is no shortage of players, even now as it is and those who stayed away until it got better will come back when it does, why wouldnt they, again, this game is amazing on its own, the online portion of it will also be amazing, in time. IMO

We just have to wait it out.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 2

I follow this forum but do not play the game anymore as it seems this is what we got. Just trying to find out what i missed that some  experiense . Of Course im pissed paying 60 bucks + a monthly fee for an sub pair product       

52 minutes ago, Zampen said:

I follow this forum but do not play the game anymore as it seems this is what we got. Just trying to find out what i missed that some  experiense . Of Course im pissed paying 60 bucks + a monthly fee for an sub pair product       

What monthly fee?  Are you talking about PSN or XB Live?  You need to pay that subscription for any game you want to play online. 

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, you can't blame a game for a subscription that Sony requires you to have to play online.

My point beeing it has cost me money to play rdr2 regardless, have a Nice evening. Cheers

On 4/30/2019 at 8:29 AM, lumper said:

say nope, Im out, Ive had it, they did this and that and because of that they lost me, well I Say good, see ya, we have plenty of players, and will have plenty more,  there is no shortage of players, even now as it is and those who stayed away until it got better will come back when it does,

This hits the nail on the head. I would like to place a bet: the people that return are going to whine and moan and complain because their level is not high enough to afford buying a ranch or a cabin; they are going to whine and moan and complain because they don't have the level or money to buy weapons and enhancements; they won't have the newer horses or enhanced equipment to improve the performance of those premium horses. overall I think they're going to be miserable because they are going to be seriously outgunned and under experienced. Let them come. I have paid my dues, grinded and grinded and grinded and loved every bit of it despite the frustrations of Griefers and glitches and PVP events I don't like but can avoid by choice.yes please come back because I will have a bullet or 12 with your name on it. My reward for that grinding isn't an inflated or even over-inflated ego, it is a sense of accomplishment from dedicated time and effort.

As my two characters-- The Grey Hare and BlueAgaveShots would say, "Welcome back, greenhorn. Since you've been gone, I done paid my dues, cowboy. There's a new sheriff in town and you ain't it."

temp5357802060012832626.jpg

Edited by Major Dammidge
Misspell
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, Kean_1 said:

What monthly fee?  Are you talking about PSN or XB Live?  You need to pay that subscription for any game you want to play online. 

Heck, I maintain an xbox live account just for updates and stuff, the free games, etc.. I dont play much online, COD ww2 and sometimes Star Wars btfnt II, and now RDR2O.
When I buy a new console, and I bought the 360, then the xbox one, I grabbed a ps4, then an xbox one S, then an xbox one X, and which each, first thing I did was put it online, they both have way too many features to not go online, IMO so for me, I never look at that cost as part of the game, I pay it anyway.

19 minutes ago, lumper said:

Heck, I maintain an xbox live account just for updates and stuff, the free games, etc.. I dont play much online, COD ww2 and sometimes Star Wars btfnt II, and now RDR2O.
When I buy a new console, and I bought the 360, then the xbox one, I grabbed a ps4, then an xbox one S, then an xbox one X, and which each, first thing I did was put it online, they both have way too many features to not go online, IMO so for me, I never look at that cost as part of the game, I pay it anyway.

Good 4 you

8 minutes ago, Zampen said:

Good 4 you

That seems a little hostile, I was just saying myself, and EVERY person I know on xbox carry an xbox live account and did long before rdr2, just adding an observation is all, I dont know why you felt the need to be salty to me, But ok.

Im sorry if you took offense to my statement, I certainly didnt mean any.

These boards are for discussing things, if you have to be nasty because someone has a different opinion, maybe this isnt for you either.

Im sure there are many people who do not maintain an xbox live account and got one to try this game.

Personally if I was one of them, I would have looked on youtube and online first to see what is up with the online game, and after seeing how it is going I most likely would not have spent the money yet, I might have waited until the game was more refined so it didnt feel like a waste of money. 

Edited by lumper
  • Confused 1