Jump to content

They went and took away the one match I liked.


Miltonastic
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Ozy8753 said:

Yes it's out, probably wanting more players doing stranger missions that don't work😂  

Guess I'm missing it.  I didn't see anything in the new promo / mission news that says they removed anything.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Plunder has completely disappeared, and the only options left are some series choices with different games. That would be ok if the games were fun. Unfortunately too many aren't really,

Too many of them are just running around solo being lost. I think most of the games left are only fun for a few. The rest of us are there to pad their stats.

I need a posse...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Guess I'm missing it.  I didn't see anything in the new promo / mission news that says they removed anything.  

Nothing was removed its just buried in showdown series modes. Up in smoke and several others are in small showdown series. Others are in large. Featured series is what changes and is currently target races. We play everyday.  Just a tip for stranger missions , keep your posse at least 80 yards from mission giver. They will start most times. Good luck out there on the prairie cowpolks ! It's great fun all in all

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

Yes, Plunder has completely disappeared, and the only options left are some series choices with different games. That would be ok if the games were fun. Unfortunately too many aren't really,

Too many of them are just running around solo being lost. I think most of the games left are only fun for a few. The rest of us are there to pad their stats.

I need a posse...

Plunder isn't gone. It is lumped in with the series joins (I think the small series). I hate that you have to wait playing ones you don't like in hopes that it shows up in the rotation. Plunder, Up in Smoke, and Spoils of War are all lumped into the rotation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

Yes, Plunder has completely disappeared, and the only options left are some series choices with different games. That would be ok if the games were fun. Unfortunately too many aren't really,

Too many of them are just running around solo being lost. I think most of the games left are only fun for a few. The rest of us are there to pad their stats.

I need a posse...

Haven't seen you apply yet bud ! We will gladly give you a test run if you like. Lmk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2019 at 8:19 AM, Chris Arbaugh said:

Nothing was removed its just buried in showdown series modes. Up in smoke and several others are in small showdown series. Others are in large. Featured series is what changes and is currently target races. We play everyday.  Just a tip for stranger missions , keep your posse at least 80 yards from mission giver. They will start most times. Good luck out there on the prairie cowpolks ! It's great fun all in all

I dunno, maybe you play more than I do, I join showdown series small or large and it seems to only go back and forth between territory, choose your weapon, and last man standing, no plunder, no spoils of war, no other modes at all actually, just keeps cycling through them.

In other games like COD WW2, you have options, and can vote to play various modes or maps, plus the menus allow you to select deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, hold territory etc... I really wish Rockstar would pull a page from their playbook and give us freedom in the multipayer menus.as it is now, I join play one in tall trees followed by another in tall trees except one is chose your weapon and one is not, then it is usually oil fields or Rhodes or Annesberg for a territory game, I forget the actual name of it, but thats it, what happened to every other mode?

I hate this showdown series nonsense, just give us a menu for each and every mode so we can clearly join what we want and not play three modes over and over again, I cant stomach it so after 3 or 4 rounds I am out, then stuck in free roam thinking, ok, now what?

Other games have a mode where you get a variety also, but then they have another menu where you dont have to play a rotating shuffle of modes, you can play what you like.

Im all set with re-playing story missions and stranger missions, at this point I just want to play these multiplayer modes, but it is a challenge to find a game that is fun.

Kean, I did submit a ticket lol and feedback so save the link, I know.....

UODATE:

It occurred to me after I wrote this that we are still in BETA and maybe these are changes that will come, maybe right now they do it like this to make sure people try the various modes, rather than have everyone play one or two room and ignore everything else?

I dunno but I myself need to remember that after the BETA tag is lifted things could change, I hope.

 

 

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up on where those match types are found now.

I've been noticing the lobby almost completely empties out when the solo hunt and kill matches cycle up. You would think that would be sending a clear message to Rockstar. Eventhough I'm getting better at those solo maps, I still don't like them. I prefer to work on a team. For those, I wish they would fix up how the teams get sorted out though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Miltonastic said:

Thanks for the heads up on where those match types are found now.

I've been noticing the lobby almost completely empties out when the solo hunt and kill matches cycle up. You would think that would be sending a clear message to Rockstar. Eventhough I'm getting better at those solo maps, I still don't like them. I prefer to work on a team. For those, I wish they would fix up how the teams get sorted out though. 

Funny I am the opposite I prefer the solo stuff only because nobody uses a mic, there is no TEAM your on a team, but nobody listens or says anything  they scatter like roaches and it is very stressful to try and make any headway by yourself, or if you decide ok, ill just follow my team mates, they dont even stay together, so I do not like it.

I had a few times where others used a mic, one or two other players, anyway and together we kicked butt, but then when the map changed and game changes I get shuffled again.

Point 2

What the heck is up with the people all scrambling around when you try to play a team game, you pick a team or the game assigns you one, you wait, and ready up, then in the final seconds, it all gets shuffled, I almost alwasy get moved to another team and I cant help but feel like this is play manipulation and if so, then wtf, ugg its tough to do anything with others, people all have their own agenda's and plans and trying to work together even when I am 100% willing to follow, you can not get any team action going.

Especially the territory maps, it would be great to talk to my team mates, I can hear their mics, but they dont say a word!!!I want to choke someone LOL, so whatever I usually quit once it goes to these, I mean I join, get moved to another team try to get anything going, see nobody will talk everyone is just scrambling  and loosing so I bail and then thats that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went and I tried this last night again, I joined the showdown series small, instead of large and it was great!!

They ran spoils of war, up in smoke, plunder I think, etc.. all games I hadnt seen in a while, and I really enjoyed, I actually had some good rounds, I won MVP twice, and our team won a few times, that was really fun.

I wasnt joining small showdown series anymore because when I had it was just a smaller version of last man in tall tree's but I never really gave it a chance, or maybe it changed recently, either way it was great fun, I am glad I tried it.

 

Edited by lumper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miltonastic said:

I've been running the small too. There seems to more fun formats in it. 

Yeah man, I am so glad I gave it another try, it was game after game of the stuff I enjoy, and it was great  fun compared to name your weapon in tall tree's over and over and over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...