RDR Movie

I agree with Parzival.  I just don't see anything truly unique with RDR in regard to this particular film genre.  Just feels diluted IMO.  Another western.    ....in games however, it's a whole different story.

It's funny.....   The other day I thought about how the Division would make for a really cool film or perhaps even better better, a series.  I'm sure folks think the same about RDR.

Just now, Kean_1 said:

I agree with Parzival.  I just don't see anything truly unique with RDR in regard to this particular film genre.  Just feels diluted IMO.  Another western.    ....in games however, it's a whole different story.

It's funny.....   The other day I thought about how the Division would make for a really cool film or perhaps even better better, a series.  I'm sure folks think the same about RDR.

My son and I were talking about the same thing.  TD and TD2 would make a great series.  Much better than the stupid ones on now like swat and fbi.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kormath said:

My son and I were talking about the same thing.  TD and TD2 would make a great series.  Much better than the stupid ones on now like swat and fbi.

Agreed....  With all the different factions, locations, the character development and all the backstories (e.g. the virus, the factions, the Division, the government collapse, other government agencies like hte JTF and CERA, etc.).  I think they could do a lot with it in all the directions they could go with the storie(s) which is why I think it would be a better series than a movie.  I'd be hooked.

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Agreed....  With all the different factions, locations, the character development and all the backstories (e.g. the virus, the factions, the Division, the government collapse, other government agencies like hte JTF and CERA, etc.).  I think they could do a lot with it in all the directions they could go with the storie(s) which is why I think it would be a better series than a movie.  I'd be hooked.

I would definitely watch a series based on TD (post-apocalyptic is by far my favorite genre of fiction), but I think the number of factions and the pool of characters they would require would be a bit prohibitive, requiring it to be cut down to one "hero" faction facing one "villain" faction per season. The Walking Dead started to struggle once the cast increased significantly beginning in the third season with the prison and Woodbury and that struggle only became worse when Hilltop, the Kingdom, and the Sanctuary were added to the mix. They did away with the Sanctuary and disappeared or killed off most of the former Saviors in the most recent season, but the pool is still too large, IMO. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I've heard it struggles with a too large cast as well.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, Parzival said:

I would definitely watch a series based on TD (post-apocalyptic is by far my favorite genre of fiction), but I think the number of factions and the pool of characters they would require would be a bit prohibitive, requiring it to be cut down to one "hero" faction facing one "villain" faction per season. The Walking Dead started to struggle once the cast increased significantly beginning in the third season with the prison and Woodbury and that struggle only became worse when Hilltop, the Kingdom, and the Sanctuary were added to the mix. They did away with the Sanctuary and disappeared or killed off most of the former Saviors in the most recent season, but the pool is still too large, IMO. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I've heard it struggles with a too large cast as well.

I don't think they'd have to break it down to hero vs villian for one season like that.  They could do an episode about the Agents, then the next about the Outcasts, then go back to the agents and etc.  first season could be the fight between the Outcasts and Agents to take back the White House.  Season 2 could be taking back like Downtown East.  if they did one section per season they could have 12 seasons

....exactly what I meant by them being able to take a series like that in so many directions.  They don't have to be tethered to any one format when telling the various stories in the Division world.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, Bag of Nuts said:

If there were to be a RDR movie, who would you cast as your characters?

Who would you have direct it?

Where would you film it?

Any other thoughts?

The game is too generic to be considered worthwhile to make.  

On 5/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, Kormath said:

I don't think they'd have to break it down to hero vs villian for one season like that.  They could do an episode about the Agents, then the next about the Outcasts, then go back to the agents and etc.  first season could be the fight between the Outcasts and Agents to take back the White House.  Season 2 could be taking back like Downtown East.  if they did one section per season they could have 12 seasons

... which is exactly what The Walking Dead does while struggling with too large a cast.

RDR:  Undead Nightmare, I think that would make a great movie.  If done by the right people.  You could pull in western fans and zombie loving fanatics.  At the time of release I thought it was ignorant idea till I played it.

As for TD or it's sequel, I would be afraid they would hose it up too bad.  Now they did TD Origins mini movie, you can see that on Amazon Prime, it wasn't too bad.  Yet you see what was done with Assassin's Creed.  

I think people have a hard time converting games to movies.