Muskie Mess

Jackalope_Jill

So, we all know how much money these fetch --a lot. I've attempted, once, to take a bunch of them to the butcher using a stolen, four-walled wagon and just piling them in the wagon. Later to find they would just randomly disappear when I got to the butcher. I might try this again but after I catch them, I'll put them on the ground then onto the wagon. I noticed that when I put them directly into the wagon (after I caught them) they disappeared, or fell through the wagon, onto the ground.

You guys have any experience carrying more than two of these giant fish to the butcher? ^_^ 

I can't remember if you can store large items on a horse that isn't yours but if you can tame a wild one or steal one and ride that, you can then have your own horse follow you and use both for hauling items.

.......or carry one yourself while walking and have your horse follow.

Thats the only two way I can think of although I'll wager that when/if they start selling wagons in this game, that may be a benefit.

I put 6 Pike in a 2 wheel wagon, and made it to the valentine butcher, as I engaged the butcher, the fish fell through the cart to the ground, so I had to pick them up one by one and sell them to the butcher that way, I made it but only because there werent too many griefers hanging around the butcher at that moment.

I then, got 4 more, and took the cart down to Rhodes and got a few Lake Sturgeon, it went well and I sold those too, then I went to Shady belle to get Long nose Gar and gator pelts, but when trying to find a spot to back up my cart so I could load it, it de spawned on me, and that was that

Yeah, I've done the horse thing, which totals to about two Muskie's I could sell. I'm wondering if some genius out there figured out how to carry more than that lol. 

14 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Thats the only two way I can think of although I'll wager that when/if they start selling wagons in this game, that may be a benefit.

That would be awesome. I have a feeling they probably won't any time soon considering the endless possibilities you could do with a wagon to gain money at a faster pace. That would be counter-productive to their need of micro-transactions in gameplay.  Hopefully they do though :P 

10 minutes ago, lumper said:

I put 6 Pike in a 2 wheel wagon, and made it to the valentine butcher, as I engaged the butcher, the fish fell through the cart to the ground, so I had to pick them up one by one and sell them to the butcher that way, I made it but only because there werent too many griefers hanging around the butcher at that moment.

I then, got 4 more, and took the cart down to Rhodes and got a few Lake Sturgeon, it went well and I sold those too, then I went to Shady belle to get Long nose Gar and gator pelts, but when trying to find a spot to back up my cart so I could load it, it de spawned on me, and that was that

Niiiice! You were much more successful than I was, haha. 

When you caught the fish did you put them directly into the cart, after you caught them? 

1 hour ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

That would be awesome. I have a feeling they probably won't any time soon considering the endless possibilities you could do with a wagon to gain money at a faster pace. That would be counter-productive to their need of micro-transactions in gameplay.  Hopefully they do though :P 

There were some data miners that discovered through the code of the app placeholders for vehicles (wagons) and properties. 

As more content becomes available, I think it's a safe bet to assume these and other things like businesses, etc. will also be introduced to keep players involved in the game.  ....and yes, I can see some of these things being used as a means to make more/faster money but I also see these as being things that players can strive for as well.  It will even out in the end.  

....so yeah, I can see a selling point for a wagon as being a vehicle to carry more carcasses, etc.  An option where you spend more money to make more money.  Same kind of thing in GTAO.

Yeah, I imagine R* giving the option to selling wagons would be paying in gold, only. And it would probably be one kind of wagon, purchased at lvl 98, haha. 

I would LOVE it if they gave the option to customize the hunting knife (more customization) and bow & arrow --hopefully that'll happen :P 

5 minutes ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

Yeah, I imagine R* giving the option to selling wagons would be paying in gold, only. And it would probably be one kind of wagon, purchased at lvl 98, haha. 

I would LOVE it if they gave the option to customize the hunting knife (more customization) and bow & arrow --hopefully that'll happen :P 

You mean wagons would only be available using gold?  I doubt it.  R* has been pretty clear that the only items locked behind GBs will be aesthetic only.  .....and while they make some available for purchase with GBs, I'm going to guess they will also make them available to purchase with in-game cash as well.  Shortcut MTXs but not P2W.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

You mean wagons would only be available using gold?  I doubt it.  R* has been pretty clear that the only items locked behind GBs will be aesthetic only.  .....and while they make some available for purchase with GBs, I'm going to guess they will also make them available to purchase with in-game cash as well.  Shortcut MTXs but not P2W.

I was only being facetious :P I'm not too versed in what R* has planned but I believe you enough to agree that it's aesthetics only --woo! 

Although, to play devils advocate, one could say that these wagons could be construed as just aesthetics only, giving R* enough reason to lock them behind gold. Right now the wagons are just plain aesthetics because they're useless for carrying anything. Who knows? Maybe R* might push out a line of Pimp My Wagon wagons and to add, I dunno, hydraulics and gold rims to your wheels, you have to be level 98 and pay 40 gold. 

14129.jpg

Edited by Jackalope_Jill
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jackalope_Jill said:

Niiiice! You were much more successful than I was, haha. 

When you caught the fish did you put them directly into the cart, after you caught them? 

Yes, 1 at a time, as I caught them, I walked up the rock I parked near, then stepped into the back of the cart and dropped them, it is touchy and takes a little tweaking, but you will get it.

Yeah, some friends and I tried hunting buffalo and packing them in a cart we had.  We got them all in but then they started falling out and despawning right at the edge of town.  ......big waste o' time.

Its pretty much more trouble than its worth with carts - I have had success with it but in the time it took me I could have made as much money just hunting. As an experiment I did manage to transport and successfully sell half a dozen bison pelt in a wagon. Was fun working out a place to park the cart (1 of the bigger 4-wheel ones with 2 horses) to get the pelts into it and then again to get them out at Valentine but again in terms of profit/time it wasn't really worth it.

I saw an upload on YT #OutlawGarry when he used the carts to pick up bigger fish.   He said that You need a 2 wheel cart to do it properly bcoz animals tend to fall out of the 4 wheeled ones. It was kinda tricky to get the cart positioned and avoid a dynamite while packing it lol. 

The whole process was a bit too long and a bit risky for me so i never tried that. (Im not a griefer or a shoot everything on sight type of player but i would be very, very strongly tempted to throw a unstable dynamite in the cart if i saw one xD)

For me the best way is gathering feathers of birds bcoz they sell really good and You can stack them up when You know the spawn locations of birds. They also dont despawn after Your horse got shot/blown to bits or when you go to join a mission or pvp match. I actually stopped gathering pelts and carcasses. I only gather feathers and meat, paws, teeth and use fast travel to change to other species/spawn locations. That is the best way for me atm. 

In the future i bet they will intorduce those bcoz they already said that they want to implement farming....... You need something to transport goods. 

11 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I saw an upload on YT #OutlawGarry when he used the carts to pick up bigger fish.   He said that You need a 2 wheel cart to do it properly bcoz animals tend to fall out of the 4 wheeled ones. It was kinda tricky to get the cart positioned and avoid a dynamite while packing it lol. 

The whole process was a bit too long and a bit risky for me so i never tried that. (Im not a griefer or a shoot everything on sight type of player but i would be very, very strongly tempted to throw a unstable dynamite in the cart if i saw one xD)

For me the best way is gathering feathers of birds bcoz they sell really good and You can stack them up when You know the spawn locations of birds. They also dont despawn after Your horse got shot/blown to bits or when you go to join a mission or pvp match. I actually stopped gathering pelts and carcasses. I only gather feathers and meat, paws, teeth and use fast travel to change to other species/spawn locations. That is the best way for me atm. 

In the future i bet they will intorduce those bcoz they already said that they want to implement farming....... You need something to transport goods. 

I used a cart before and it was a pain. Not only does it take a bit of time to get positioned but by the time you get loaded and back to a butcher you could have made more on feathers. I also used the train to take the pigs from Flatneck Station to Valentine. then ran them to the butcher. Was fun but time consuming. Still not much money either.

50 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Interestingly enough, I've been doing the same with hunting more birds than anything else --I getcha! Though sometimes I feel the game itself knows what I'm doing sometimes. For example, if I'm shooting at birds in the sky, a few minutes later it'll start to rain and there will be no birds in the sky, lol. Maybe I'm just unlucky, I know I am IRL haha. 

Yeah, the whole wagon bit is a bit time consuming, which is why I probably wont do it again. I like to go to Lake Isabella, where the water falls, and fish for a godly amount of Salmon, that helps. 

I reaaaally hope they do farming! That would be so awesome! xD 

46 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

I also used the train to take the pigs from Flatneck Station to Valentine. then ran them to the butcher. Was fun but time consuming. Still not much money either.

How creative xD !

Also, I notice livestock/farm animals don't fetch for much, probably because they're much easier to kill than wildlife *Shrugs*