What was your favorite purchase

lumper

What item have you bought that you really enjoy and get a lot of use out of and are thankful that you bought, and how much was it, what did you do to get it?

Ill start.

For me it was the fast travel post at my camp., I think it cost $700, I went hunting with a few goals in mind, I needed $2300, this was one of three items I bought at once.

I love that thing, it has saved me tons of headaches while grinding.

What was your's?

My second would be my Missouri Fox Trotter or my large tent at camp both make me smile every time I use either, my cores fill in seconds and my horse is great.

Edited by lumper

Honestly? Ist a bit difficult as the coin has two sides.

I enjoyed getting the Dynamite arrows at Level 81 intstead of 93 due to a sell out. I thought ist great, I now can disturb carriage missions with an arrow, stopp a bunch of riders or what ever.

The opposite of the coin is, when you start RDR2 you enjoy a game full of tension. You need to find your way through and respect other Bleeps on the map as serious risk or at least something to hav an eye on. In the middle of your player carrer you begin to see this different, until you are able to do what you want with Level 93 upwords (latest). 

So in a nutshell, it has ist Moments to sneak through the world as a low Level and the game is a different experience. So for my opinion the grinding goes to fast, the risk is therefore shrinking rapidly and steals a lot of the really good moments you will rember later.

All of that surly is also related to the "0 loss" understandign of R* when you get killed. No loss = no Risk, so it gets a bit slow then.

My 2 Cents.

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CPUTestUnit said:

All of that surly is also related to the "0 loss" understanding of R* when you get killed. No loss = no Risk, so it gets a bit slow then.

You must have been a Ultima Online player. It was all at risk in that game.

RDR2 is low risk to me, since we lose all horse cargo when killed.

Edited by Kean_1
(corrected your quote; your reply was mixed in)

I play RDR online only if that is what you mean, as I cant stand PC KI only in games. I need human brain enemys to feel some challenge. I look back to a long game history and ultima was part of it but thats the stoneage in gaming and I think thats not what you ment? English is not my mother tongue.

I played plenty of games and this includes survival games like Dayz or Scum. I name them as there based on the loose ellement. So if you succeed with something you can be proud or better the reward effect works better so you enjoy it much more then having the same done in a minute and with no Risk at all. So the big difference is, you loose something there (actually to much) but in RDR you loose nothing. The difference is. If you loose nothing, you act completly different. You are fearless and storm onto enemys with no real need for tactics or thinking about your doings. This + the autoaim, leeds to lengthy shoot outs where Player wave after player wave rides against each other. So I really would prefer to loose more then just some ego points if shot.  This would give the game much more sense. Also some harder missions (possibly marked in red instead of orange) and some smarter NPC´s would be good. Killing a Bandit camp means standing still, blasting out headshot after headshot till everyone is done. Thats not challenging at all.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

Without a doubt the Missouri Fox Trotter is my favorite in-game purchase. Saved up $950, and the very second that I hit rank 58 I headed to the stable to buy one, and I absolutely love that horse.

Edited by devilfunk
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 3:57 AM, lumper said:

What item have you bought that you really enjoy and get a lot of use out of and are thankful that you bought, and how much was it, what did you do to get it?

Ill start.

For me it was the fast travel post at my camp., I think it cost $700, I went hunting with a few goals in mind, I needed $2300, this was one of three items I bought at once.

I love that thing, it has saved me tons of headaches while grinding.

What was your's?

My second would be my Missouri Fox Trotter or my large tent at camp both make me smile every time I use either, my cores fill in seconds and my horse is great.

For me it has to be explosive ammo and dynamite arrow

2nd (or 3rd) place is the MFT - damn that horse is fine. 

There are some days that i dont use the ammo but when i start playing the first thing i ll do is refill animal fat xD 

On 5/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, CPUTestUnit said:

So for my opinion the grinding goes to fast, the risk is therefore shrinking rapidly and steals a lot of the really good moments you will rember later.

All of that surly is also related to the "0 loss" understandign of R* when you get killed. No loss = no Risk, so it gets a bit slow then.

My 2 Cents.

For me its too fast as well im used to much harder grind. I have same opinion on that matter. 

• Like 1

Best purchase is definitely my Nokota (the dapple silver with the black face).

Grinded solid for her, and got to the level (58?) before I had the gold - (18 GB purchase price, no $ equivalent).  I was exactly 1 bar short, and so desperate that I bought gold in the shop rather than wait another 2-3 days to gather the nuggets.

I've barely ridden another horse since.  

there's nothing else I've bought that I can say I use every time I play, and makes a real difference. 

On 5/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, devilfunk said:

Without a doubt the Missouri Fox Trotter is my favorite in-game purchase. Saved up $950, and the very second that I hit rank 58 I headed to the stable to buy one, and I absolutely love that horse.

Me to, actually they had a deal where they lowered to level 40 I think when I was level 38, I leveled up, bought two of them, one in each color, only because I didnt need anything else and I figured they are going to end this in a few days, so looking back it was a waste of $950 but I do use them both.

Either way, great horse, mine is maxed out with saddles, saddle bags and stirrups, so its attributes are 100% very quick, very fast, long distance, he just runs, and runs, and runs.

PS I just added 2 Mauser Pistols, $1200 plus modifications,  they are devastating, I havent used them yet, but took some target practice, cant wait to get in a close up fight now,

I actually believed the Turkmene (is that the right Name?) is a super horse.

What makes the Fox Trotter better? Has it more Speed and power?

I have the Arabian too but ist such a frightend one, that, plus my riding skills, was a Nightmare.

I love riding off road on high Speed. That maybe impacted my experience a bit.

1 hour ago, CPUTestUnit said:

I actually believed the Turkmene (is that the right Name?) is a super horse.

What makes the Fox Trotter better? Has it more Speed and power?

I have the Arabian too but ist such a frightend one, that, plus my riding skills, was a Nightmare.

I love riding off road on high Speed. That maybe impacted my experience a bit.

I love my Turkoman. I had the MFT but enjoy the Turk more. it seemed just as fast, stamina does not matter if you know how to spam the L3 button, and the Turk is less skiddish. My favorite purchase has been my 2nd Schofield, duel weld with splits on a hideout is the best. That and dynamite arrows for people that are messing with my hunting grind.

• Like 1

I like them both, after owning them both I chose the Trotter, although the Turkoman has a better disposition at times.

However the Trotter is faster and quicker.

Even if you dont go all out with an upgraded saddle and stir ups.

I hit level 89 tonight and I was thinking about this again.

I think I still love my fast travel post the best, then the Trotter, then maybe the Dual Mausers, they are nasty in a fight, I rapid fired three guys in a gun fight, all at once, they came at me in a group, it was amazing, that combo is deadly.

Once I can buy the dynamite arrow pamphlet that will most likely replace my favorite purchase, a few more levels, only one more level for the repeater explosive ammo, it is starting to get easier everyday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KylesDad7 said:

Completely Golding out my shotgun along with engraving it and selecting new wood grains for it. Did the same with my Volcanic revolver.

Thats sick!!!

Ive been doing the same thing.

The only thing I will spend gold on is gun mods, I like to make them nearly all gold, but its expensive!!!

I want to do both the carbine and the double barrel shotty so when I play name your weapon and you start with those, they will be my modified ones, I just love how they look.