R* earnings report tonight = something new tomorrow?

Dissention

Yeah I don't know if anyone else has interest in these sort of things but TTWO (take two the holding company for R*)is to report earnings after the bell today

At the very least we will probably get some updates on whether or not they are losing or gaining RDO customers and probably some outline for the path forward.  

Hard to believe but this game been in "beta" for 6 months now at end of the month.

Personally I still love the game but feels like it's stuck in neutral for awhile now.  Been slowing down with spring and summer right behind it.

I'm holding out hope that someday soon they'll let me own that house of Ill repute I've always dreamed of,or at least something to jump start that passion I had at the beginning.

Tempered expectations 

Edited by Dissention
  • Thanks 1

Well, I expect something tomorrow whether that's in the form of another promo, status and/or the actual Spring update as it seems they've been pretty consistent with their every-Tuesday schedule the past couple months.

....and yeah, I expect they will have some news about the game, it's progress, etc. for their investors in the report.  Either way, Spring is nearly over so I do expect that we will see the "Big Update" quite soon.

• Thanks 1

With every passing week, we get closer to a big update, I alwasy look forward to Tuesdays, lol.

Lets hope tomorrow turns out to be better than last Tuesday, I dont have too much hope that it will hit tomorrow, but ya never know.

I am excited for it to happen, I hot level 88 today, I am very close to my goal of 100, so I have everything in game I want, when the game does land, I will be 110% ready for it.I even got better at pvp,. I got to my 3rd MVP tonight I went 17-4.

I never stop moving, unless IO am drinking a potion or something, no camping, just run, shoot, kill, it is getting more and more fun with every kill.

Now when I see a level 8 player or 14 I feel a little bad for them, lol I know the struggle and what lies ahead and if they drop the update anytime soon, those folks are going to be struggling, because everyone is going to come back for a few days to check it out after the update, whether they stay around after that we will have to see, but in those days, I forsee full servers, lots and lots of high level players, etc..

• Thanks 1

Just to update my own post...

"Furthermore, Red Dead Online is poised for success and net bookings grew sequentially in the fourth quarter. Rockstar Games continues to update the beta with a wide array of new content as well as gameplay balancing and bug fixes. We expect Red Dead Online to exit the beta period during the current quarter with significant new content follow. We're as excited as ever about the long term opportunity for Red Dead Online."

"Yeah, thanks for your questions. Rockstar has said that Red Dead Online will be coming out of beta in the current quarter. And there's content to come on an ongoing basis and including when it comes out of beta. So I think we have very high expectations for that title going forward. And I would observe that if you compare how Red Dead Online is doing at this stage of the game, in terms of the initial release, and the movement into beta, Red Dead Online is performing better than Grand Theft Auto Online did at the same stage of the game. So we have terrific expectations, as does everyone in the company. Of course, the folks at Rockstar feel great about the upcoming content drops."

• Like 2

Awesome thread guys ! Heard of this last night saying it will exit beta no later than end of June but could be sooner. There is a cat that posted a video on the subject named pineapple. Says we could see as many as 30 different story mission's before it's all said and done. I'm so stoked !! Hope this games lives FOREVER ! I feel right at home in the ole West ! I've got a plan ! Lol

• Like 2

I was hoping to hear things like. before spring, or over the next few weeks, etc.. But I didnt.

Key here is end of the Quarter, First off the Quarter ended in March, a Quarter is one fourth, the first three months are 1st Q = Jan, Feb, March, 2nd Q =  April, May, and June 3rd Q = July Aug, and Sept, 4th Q -= Oct, Nov and Dec,

So based on that, during the CURRENT Quarter means by or before the end of June.

Also, It says it is scheduled to exit Beta by the end of the Quarter with updates to FOLLOW.

They said, " We expect Red Dead Online to exit the beta period during the current quarter with significant new content follow"

So based on this, by the end of June to leave Beta, and then Significant content to FOLLOW, meaning ,later, after, when this of over, etc.,.

So to me I read all this as they are pushing everything back,  I hope not, I hope I am wrong with this assessment however I am just looking at the literal word, so based on what they actually said this is what I expect.

Now I was hoping that long before June 18th we would see the Spring update, and then perhaps more content, now I am not so sure.

We still can as that is within the CURRENT (2nd) Quarter. and then content to follow, or to come after.

What do you think?

Fantastic!!!!

a few minutes after posting above ^ I saw Tagback and Hazards videos about today's update, and WoW does it sound great!!

We have Poker!!!

The Lamat Revolver with 8 shots and a shotgun shell, new clothes, two new stranger mission givers, several new story missions, AND

As far as daily challenges go you can now have a streak, of 7,14,21,and 28 days in a row, if you do even only 1 daily challenge a day, you are rewarded weekly and so on, up to monthly with a multiplier on gold earned as well as a treasure map after 28 consecutive days.

So thats really good news to players like me that do play everyday.

This is great!!!

This makes waiting for June 30th a lot easier to handle, knowing that at least we have new content right now and we dont have to play the exact same game as yesterday while we wait.

I am really glad to see/hear all this, but now I have to go get in game and check it out for real.

This does mean it is grind time for me however as I spent $1500 yesterday on 2 Mauser pistols and then modifying  them for pvp.

So, sigh.... Im about to go in, make my list and start the grind, I had been thinking I am not buying anything until I finish my ammo goals, today I will hit level 90 and get the repeater explosive ammo, then the day after tomorrow Ill hit level 95 and get the dyno arrows, once I have done that, I will then look at clothing updates, other weapon updates like the Lamat and anything else they added.

What I am excited about it is the possibility of grinding at a poker table!!

Thats right, instead of hunting for cash, I should be able to get into a poker game and with a little luck, make some much needed cash without the risk of running to the butcher, the griefers favorite gathering spot.

Im out to enjoy the much anticipated update, I also think todays update will leak out to everyone who has moved on temporarily, and so we can expect a surge of players to return at least for a few days and perhaps the weekend.

This made me think of a post I read here yesterday about a guy who posted a title, "Guess what"

He was sort of sarcastically saying how he moved on to play "The Show" and only popped in to see if anything had changed, which was a day early as all updates so far have happened on a Tuesday and he popped in on a Monday, 

I am sure others have been doing this as well, my point being that the same guy will hopefully check again today and see that there actually were several changes made including the daily challenges and a new feature to those as well as hundreds of other players who have also temporarily moved on while they wait for RDR2O to update content.

See you in the game outlaws!!

Edited by lumper

5 hours ago, lumper said:

This makes waiting for June 30th a lot easier to handle, knowing that at least we have new content right now and we dont have to play the exact same game as yesterday while we wait.

Maybe I missed it but what's happening on June 30th?

16 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Maybe I missed it but what's happening on June 30th?

The day before this update there was talk of the earnings report, which said things like end of this Quarter, which would have been June 30th end of 2nd Quarter.

The next day, or a few hours later we got the update lol,

1 hour ago, lumper said:

The day before this update there was talk of the earnings report, which said things like end of this Quarter, which would have been June 30th end of 2nd Quarter.

The next day, or a few hours later we got the update lol,

Ahhhh....  Ok.