Jump to content

Just starting out online


M0nsterSkillz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Played RDR1 Online and but at the stages when it became hard to get on and all that was on was players glitching etc.

Now i really want to dive into RDR2 Oline although im only on chapter 3 of story mode but i love the world and taking my time and what it has to offer. Now please i know the basics of online but what advice can you give, where should i head to first and do what first, i know to watch out for posses etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would take advantage of this week’s extra xp and money from doing online strangers missions... (wait until the last :30 seconds to complete, you earn way more xp) - you should be able to rank up quickly, but it ends Tuesday. Another idea is to link up with some folks on here or a posse and work the online story missions... easy xp and money. Do your best to complete at least one daily objective every day, you earn bonus xp and money the longer your consecutive streak goes. When you aren’t doing missions, try to hunt and also make sure you loot/skin everything that you kill. Finally, as already mentioned by another poster, I highly recommend not attacking other players in free roam unless attacked first!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, M0nsterSkillz said:

Played RDR1 Online and but at the stages when it became hard to get on and all that was on was players glitching etc.

Now i really want to dive into RDR2 Oline although im only on chapter 3 of story mode but i love the world and taking my time and what it has to offer. Now please i know the basics of online but what advice can you give, where should i head to first and do what first, i know to watch out for posses etc

Welcome to RDR2O partner !

My few cents to You:

1. I would recommend "playing the game" for ranking up - there are some methods to XP "fast" like one mentioned above (shooting del lobos in thieves landing) but i dont reccomend them. They are booooooooring and dull. The best way is to just play the game, enjoy and learn the world (its a bit diffrent than story mode), hunt, make stranger missions, co - op story missions, some pvp, daily acheivements. Use better ammo on enemies for more xp. There will be achievements for playing like skinning 1000 animals etc, the moment you get gold buckle for completing one of these make sure to reset the achievement to get gold bars and start making it again for nice XP boost. You can reset most of them 10 times. Shoot every animal you come across you dont need to skin them all but its free xp. 

2. For  money making - best way is to hunt. Birds are good money, some fish as well. I personally hunt every type of animal until im full on my inventory and then turn back the goods. Dont spend money on cosmetics in the beggining. Buy Varmint rifle, lancaster reapeter and bolt action and reapeter shotgun first and upgrade them. Buy a good horse and saddle for gold bars.  Use varmint for small animals and birds and bolt for everything else. Lancaster is good in missions and mid range pvp. BUY ABILITY CARDS FIRST then everything else - You dont need all ability cards but some are essental like : Paint it black, peak condition, cold blooded or stranger medicine, unblinking eye, slippery bastard, winning streak, slow and steady, horseman.  I personally have all of cards maxed out but there are a few that dont matter at the moment. 

3. Dont shoot ppl in free roam without a reason or you will get ur @ss handed to You by a high lvl. If you feel harassed  or griefed just change sessions or go into co op mission etc. 

4. If someone shoots at you shoot back ;) 

5. If you dont like playing solo i would suggest to posse up. 

Hope it helps in anyway. Good luck ;) 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In terms of content free roam is quite limiting in terms of xp progression. it is basicly stranger missions and story missions. just do remember that not all free roam missions are for defensive mode.

if you love unfair pvp, stay around the big citys. if you hate it spend your first 25 levels in Austin. desent amount of stranger contracts in that region and the pvpers stays in blackwater and tumbleweed.

and as allways, never trust a blue dot cuz beeing blue dont mean they cant shoot you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2019 at 2:20 PM, M0nsterSkillz said:

Played RDR1 Online and but at the stages when it became hard to get on and all that was on was players glitching etc.

Now i really want to dive into RDR2 Oline although im only on chapter 3 of story mode but i love the world and taking my time and what it has to offer. Now please i know the basics of online but what advice can you give, where should i head to first and do what first, i know to watch out for posses etc

I would suggest downloading the RDR2 app available for both iOS and Android.  It allows to you view the map while playing and see other players, waypoints, etc.  You can zoom in and out which is great so you don't have to open the big map which can leave you exposed to attack.  It also allows you to see what's going on around you while fishing which is great since the minimap is not available in the game during that particular activity.

Speaking of attack, in order to avoid random conflict with others in Free Roam, I would also suggest choosing a spawn point in an area of the map that is at least a couple provinces away from where you want to hunt, fish, do missions, etc.  The game tends to spawn people into areas with the highest concentration of other players.  This simple trick has worked for me since the game was still in beta.  .....and still does.  

Use the defensive mode unless your plan is to engage with others (or have them engage you).  While it doesn't prevent you from being attacked, it does give you an edge to allow you to evade and provide more options against aggressors if they happen to shoot you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I would suggest downloading the RDR2 app available for both iOS and Android.  It allows to you view the map while playing and see other players, waypoints, etc.  You can zoom in and out which is great so you don't have to open the big map which can leave you exposed to attack.  It also allows you to see what's going on around you while fishing which is great since the minimap is not available in the game during that particular activity.

Speaking of attack, in order to avoid random conflict with others in Free Roam, I would also suggest choosing a spawn point in an area of the map that is at least a couple provinces away from where you want to hunt, fish, do missions, etc.  The game tends to spawn people into areas with the highest concentration of other players.  This simple trick has worked for me since the game was still in beta.  .....and still does.  

Use the defensive mode unless your plan is to engage with others (or have them engage you).  While it doesn't prevent you from being attacked, it does give you an edge to allow you to evade and provide more options against aggressors if they happen to shoot you.

 

Wow i wish i knew this sooner lol but hell i have it now, thank you mate. This can be used for story mode too right ? 

 

Thank you for the tips and advice

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, M0nsterSkillz said:

Wow i wish i knew this sooner lol but hell i have it now, thank you mate. This can be used for story mode too right ? 

Thank you for the tips and advice

I never tried it in the campaign but I don't believe it does.   Not quite sure on that one though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I never tried it in the campaign but I don't believe it does.   Not quite sure on that one though.

Even if not its still very useful for when i start online proper, i have only delved into the beginning of the online, not done anything really. Still doing so much with the story mode in chapter 3 lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I never tried it in the campaign but I don't believe it does.   Not quite sure on that one though.

Hey it does work for story mode too man, really good, just got a notification pop up in game and got the map up on my iphone, great !!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, M0nsterSkillz said:

Hey it does work for story mode too man, really good, just got a notification pop up in game and got the map up on my iphone, great !!!

Cool...  Thanks for checking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...