How to deal with a cheater in free roam?

crh2018

Cheaters in PvP events: at least those are optional and avoidable.

Cheaters in free roam, well I apparently experienced a griefer god because I went through a full load with a lancaster and the guy literally did not lose any health (the game even says it hit him, just no health lost).  He shot my horse early, so I simply backed off the game for a bit, I was so irked.

Thoughts?

There is an in-game reporting feature that has a selection for cheating IIRC.  Also, you can report them via the R* Support site:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?step=dea4b872

There is a section you will see there for "Report a Player" or "Report a Player Group". 

Obviously, if you have gameplay evidence (video), this would be ideal.  As an added measure I always block them in PSN just in case but that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

There is an in-game reporting feature that has a selection for cheating IIRC.  Also, you can report them via the R* Support site:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?step=dea4b872

There is a section you will see there for "Report a Player" or "Report a Player Group". 

Obviously, if you have gameplay evidence (video), this would be ideal.  As an added measure I always block them in PSN just in case but that's just me.

I have Xbox, but I wish I knew how to get video evidence. That scenario clearly showed he had infinite health. That's a bummer, thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Just now, crh2018 said:

I have Xbox, but I wish I knew how to get video evidence. That scenario clearly showed he had infinite health. That's a bummer, thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Wish I could help you there but I don't know how it works on XB1.  On PS4 you can take video or screen shots through the Share button.

Hello partner !!!     Cheaters in RDRO are a fact but it seems like they r getting more bold every day. I just hope the new update will make cheats inactive for some time untill hackers break the code again. Hope for bans for ppl using it as well. 

Anyway when you want to record video evidence that just occured just tap the x box button and then x or y i dont remember exactly to record last 30 secs of the game. You can also turn on recording or make screen shots.   

After you have the recording on the console or live move it to one drive if you want to have acces to it via pc or tablet. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

As Mr Hickok say's record by pressing the big white x-box button then the x button, you can set the duration of the recording by going to Seting's scroll down to prefrence's select Broadcast and Capture for all the setting's.  You can report cheat's to R* and X-Box Live but I think it may be a waste of time, I have reported some but still come across them useing the same cheat's.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:47 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hello partner !!!     Cheaters in RDRO are a fact but it seems like they r getting more bold every day. I just hope the new update will make cheats inactive for some time untill hackers break the code again. Hope for bans for ppl using it as well. 

Anyway when you want to record video evidence that just occured just tap the x box button and then x or y i dont remember exactly to record last 30 secs of the game. You can also turn on recording or make screen shots.   

After you have the recording on the console or live move it to one drive if you want to have acces to it via pc or tablet. 

Hope this helps. 

I'll try to keep this in mind for the next time I'm up against a cheater as obvious as this encounter. Thank you partner!