Disregard

Anarchtheist

Question

19 answers to this question

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, Anarchtheist said:

I'm really not sure how to use this site... it looks like replying isn't an option so if I am misthreading stuff let me know the correct way to do it. 

Anyhow, go stand on the unearthed grave in Valentine and shoot the church bell three times. This is a tiny fragment of the entire thing but it should get you going in a few directions. 

lol I'm a bit of a sucker but I know I'm going to have to try this this evening.  Guess I might be joining a queue!

There are two paths you can take from that trigger point... one of which seems to have a fairly immediate payoff and is a cool puzzle in and of itself, the other is much more abstract and requires that you see patterns that are very difficult to see... it's almost as if you have to trust your intuition. Think of things that you would follow if you are seeking truth or answers and follow those things and when things that present danger or hazard present themselves stop going that way. 

The way the designers did this is sublime in the truest sense that whether or not you know you are seeing the signs, your mind is holding onto them. It is very subliminal. Trust your instinct, not your logic.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, Parzival said:

Let us know if there's actually anything to this.

I was only briefly in Valentine last night and there was a posse of four players marauding and making mayhem.  They trampled me as I was wandering up to the church so forgot all about graves and bells in the ensuing gun battle.  Will have another go tonight, and hope for more peaceful times.

5 hours ago, Anarchtheist said:

Well, honestly I can't say whether anything happens in online version. I imaging not based on what actually happens when you do that. This is on single player. (No Marauders there at least :-))

Why don't you just tell us what this alleged secret is?

There's three fresh graves above the main graveyard in Valentine offering a view of the bell.  I shot the bell three times while standing on each in turn.  I didn't notice anything happen at all.

Maybe it's too subtle for me.  Or I'm not there at the right time of day, or I'm after the main story.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, Parzival said:

Let us know if there's actually anything to this.

I hate to be the bearer of disappointing news but I tried this last night on each possible grave, other than a satisfying clanging sound as my bullets ricocheted off the bell I got nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Anarchtheist said:

Interesting. I almost could have guessed that might be the case. So, like I said I am not sure what precurses what here and what the triggers are. It is going to sound crazy but the more you seek patterns in imagery, the more of that imagery you will see. It is a sort of fractalization that generates gameplay. So, instead of just using fractals for creating textures (which they definitely do, and create some amazing subliminal imagery in doing so) they also use it for sounds, random encounters, and such like that. Therefore, my guess as to why it did not work for either of you, could be that you have already finished the main game... I did this while my gang was still in Horeshoe Overlook. But, I'm thinking it might actually be because you guys don't have the subliminal images "amplified," by paying attention to them. Again, I know it sounds crazy and what makes it worse... the video I took of those images at the best angles I could while I saw them do not portray what I saw, the images are so loose... but it manifests itself in other ways too. There are a few different styles of music they play if you are heading in the right direction that I doubt any of you have heard AND the other interestting thing, is that when you see an image of a crow or are following one of the symbols for a horse let's say... you then hear that animal and the animal will manifest.

The time thing btw I can prove because it's easy enough to have a video recording the time not changing while playing.

Nothing worked for me because I haven't tried anything. lol  I think this is all a wild goose chase, just like Bigfoot and aliens in GTA San Andreas, and you're proving me right with your apparent inclination to not actually tell us what this secret is.

@Anarchtheist,

You may as well tell people what exactly the secret(s) is.  Anyone who wanders into this thread will know there are spoilers ahead after reading the first post.  If they wish to read further, then it's their choice.  We don't care if people share spoilers as long as they are tagged and /or folks are given fair warning which they already have here.  

I suspect some are starting to feel like they are being trolled at this point so maybe now is the time to show your cards?

• Like 2