Is it worth it to buy the game right now during 2019-2020?

AndrewChar98

Hello everyone let me start by saying that I've never played a single RDR game but when the first trailer came out for Red Dead 2 I was exited but a bit concern.

Most of the reasons why it's because I was watching other titles coming out  so I was obviously putting my money else where. After watching a couple of videos I liked the idea of Rockstar doing such a game that takes part in the old wild west ! I kept watching videos after the release but I never got to play the game ! 

Now my main concern it is the " what is coming" I know many big companies showed some games during Gamescom but I didn't really liked them ! So I was thinking of either trying the game or saving my money ! Obviously most of us are looking forward for GTA6 with an unknown date and GTA6 could be another competitor of RDR2 taking people away from it. 

So that's another topic and they way I see it would it be worth it to play a game with no players? Also I was thinking if the game is worth trying out at the current state of it's life time and  because I didn't really searched for it if it is available on PC to go for the online content ! If anyone knows such information or how the game performs  right now I would really like to know !   

There's few games that can match the value for money ratings of RDR2.  There's nothing I've played or seen lately that approaches how much I've enjoyed RDR2.

If you've enjoyed the videos, then you'll enjoy playing it much much more.  Don't bother waiting for the new best thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

There's few games that can match the value for money ratings of RDR2.  There's nothing I've played or seen lately that approaches how much I've enjoyed RDR2.

If you've enjoyed the videos, then you'll enjoy playing it much much more.  Don't bother waiting for the new best thing.

To be honest I haven't searched for any prices, but is it available on PC yet or will it be soon ?? I was searching in Rockstar website or Steam but haven't found it !

• 1 month later...

Since it is coming out for PC, just go down that route. I don't think it will be on Steam till December though so keep that in mind if you intend on buying it through them.

To answer your question though, yes, it is absolutely worth playing it now.