How much have you spent?

lumper

I started out with $10,500 cash, 255 bars of gold, I now have 115 bars of gold and $4550.00

I bought the three roles, the membership, two horses, a dog a stew pot, and a bunch of other stuff, I am on level 12 or 14 for the trader I think, 6 or 8 for the collector and I have only done one bounty, I want to finish one set of anything for the collector first then I am going to do several bounties  in a row.

The update included so many little things I am loving it.

I made a new character, saved 5 outfits to my horse, named and saved 10 outfits in my wardrobe, etc.... Im just loving this whole update.

What have you all you done?

How much have you spent?

After saving for the past 5 or 6 weeks I went shopping!! lol.

I feel bad for the players that are just starting, I met a level 8 player today and he asked for help so I sent him an invite to my posse and spent about an hour with him, made him a couple hundred bucks and showed him around, all I coudl think is how I felt at level 38 when I almost quit playing and this poor kid was level 8 so I had to help.

Only found one troll so far, was coming to McFarlanes from Armadillo and some dude shot a rider on the road then set up camp on the cliff, and waited, I stopped to see what was up and bullets started flying, I managed to get away, he was level 38 and doing what Trolls do, but he was the only one I have seen since the update.

Lump

LOVING the new update!! 

I just reached rank 5 in Bouty hunter, and level 23 on the Outlaw pass stuff.. I spent about 8000$, and 67 goldbars, and there is still alot more i want to get. 

I have had 1 incident, where another player, (level 34) was trying to ruin a bounty i was out for, by killing me! -  but i put the bounty on my horse, and had around 13 min, before handing the bounty to the sheriff`s office, so i started hunting the other player, and got around 7 kills, before the other played logged out. (WIN!)

Only thing i experienced.. Also, since the new update, i have got 4 treasure maps.. 2 by Random events, 1 by gang hideout, and 1 by leveling up! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Still havent tried the update :( Seeing you happy may push me a bit to play the game again. Good luck on ur trails. 

The game got 50% better after this update.. The world is so much more alive, and you have tons of new stuff to do, and to earn! GO for it ! :D 

10 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Still havent tried the update :( Seeing you happy may push me a bit to play the game again. Good luck on ur trails. 

James, I'm surprised that you havent played, I just assumed you would check it out.

Well, it isnt life changing or anything, BUT many enjoyable additions to the game.

They set it up to be a grind for each role, which I like, and there are special things.

I am really enjoying that you can just stumble upon things in the world now that are collectible, tons of little things are making the game feel so much more alive and dynamic.

After all the time you put in I figured you would be curious if nothing else, but no big deal to take a break either, it isnt going anywhere.

There are some special things happening right now that may or may not continue but if you decide to check it out in a month I am sure 95% of it will still be there.

There was nothing left to do except daily challenges until Tuesday and now with the club membership and the three roles, it feels very active and busy in game, like you have a lot of things to do and then even more things to go collect for yourself as rewards which just keep pouring in.

I think in 2 days I have gotten over 30 gold bars, nearly $1000.00 and over 12,000 xp without grinding specifically for it, I just leveled up my new ability cards to tier 2 for example this morning, so it is flowing well and feels amazing,

The clothes, outfits, weapon variants etc.. are also interesting, I like this bounty hunter outfit, but I also love these gauntlets, and horses.

Anyway buddy, I hope you give it a look, I think after all the work and time you put in, you migth actually enjoy it.

I am sure there are still things people wanted that arent out yet, But I really think they needed to get this one out first, later I think we will get more story missions, more story content within the free roam and tons of additional items, but for now this was a huge fix for many issues, everything is faster, more responsive, the outfits you can save to your horse and to your wardrobe has been fixed and you can name and save up to 10 I think in your wardrobe, etc.. so tons of cool fixes worth taking a look at.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

How the hell have you found enough time to play the game to reach those levels and not had multiple game crashes halting your progress???

What type of error do you get mate? Did you portforward? - If not, thats the first thing you should do!!.. I had massive crashes, and when forwarding, it stopped.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playstation 4

TCP: 465,983,1935,3478-3480,10070-10080,30211-30217

UDP: 3074,3478-3479,6672,61455-61458

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Xbox One

TCP: 3074,30211-30217

UDP: 88,500,3047,3074,3544,4500,6672,61455-61458

If not, try DMZ your router.. I know its not a longterm thing, but just a test.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:19 PM, lumper said:

James, I'm surprised that you havent played, I just assumed you would check it out.

Well, it isnt life changing or anything, BUT many enjoyable additions to the game.

They set it up to be a grind for each role, which I like, and there are special things.

I am really enjoying that you can just stumble upon things in the world now that are collectible, tons of little things are making the game feel so much more alive and dynamic.

After all the time you put in I figured you would be curious if nothing else, but no big deal to take a break either, it isnt going anywhere.

There are some special things happening right now that may or may not continue but if you decide to check it out in a month I am sure 95% of it will still be there.

There was nothing left to do except daily challenges until Tuesday and now with the club membership and the three roles, it feels very active and busy in game, like you have a lot of things to do and then even more things to go collect for yourself as rewards which just keep pouring in.

I think in 2 days I have gotten over 30 gold bars, nearly $1000.00 and over 12,000 xp without grinding specifically for it, I just leveled up my new ability cards to tier 2 for example this morning, so it is flowing well and feels amazing,

The clothes, outfits, weapon variants etc.. are also interesting, I like this bounty hunter outfit, but I also love these gauntlets, and horses.

Anyway buddy, I hope you give it a look, I think after all the work and time you put in, you migth actually enjoy it.

I am sure there are still things people wanted that arent out yet, But I really think they needed to get this one out first, later I think we will get more story missions, more story content within the free roam and tons of additional items, but for now this was a huge fix for many issues, everything is faster, more responsive, the outfits you can save to your horse and to your wardrobe has been fixed and you can name and save up to 10 I think in your wardrobe, etc.. so tons of cool fixes worth taking a look at.

So i made myself to play the game that i loved so much and have a look athe the goodies. 

I am really positively amazed that there are soo many new features. Im overwhelmed with them and dont actually know where to begin with them lol. I started with collector and trader first and y- day i decided to go with bounty hunter as well.     Im still a bit confused with it all but getting to know more every day. 

Im loving it.                  I still play WoW classic with my friends but logging in more and more in RDR2O so i think i will come back to fulltime RDRO soon. Atm i play  2 ,3 hours a day. 

What i dont like so far are some bugs but it was to be expected and i hate the new reload times... its stupid, too fast.    Played a couple of days and got lvl 3 ranks on collector and trader, lvl 28 on club and almost 3 ranks up !!!! So many strange things going on.   

BTW. there is a random event in Rhodes i believe where two guys struggle and then one shoots another in a duel of some sort. I had this 2 times now and still dont know what to do - 1st time i killed them both ..... 2nd time i w8ted and then killed the one that shot the guy - nothing happened... should i prevent the attack ?? 

Anyway thanks a lot Lump for giving me the push i needed !

• Like 3

Just now, DNMNetTech said:

I thought they were new features and new Error codes to entertain with.

That too....  ;)

Either way, seems R* pushed an update today if you look at McLaw's post in this forum.  They've also been working behind the scenes on one's related to their servers (since those don't need to be downloaded by us).  

In my case, my disconnect issues never returned after that first day since the new update.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:31 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Im loving it.                  I still play WoW classic with my friends but logging in more and more in RDR2O so i think i will come back to fulltime RDRO soon. Atm i play  2 ,3 hours a day. 

Well Im glad to heart this, after all you were a strong proponent for me to keep going when I was ready to quit back at level 38.

I hit level 196 today lol, so thanks for that.

Im glad you decided to look at it.

The dynamic events are amazing.

I found one outside of Strawberry the other day, a lady was digging in a road side graveyard and asked me to help, all of a sudden a ton of yellow circles popped up and I had to dig each one til we found something, problem is, I had just accidentally hit a guy on the road with my horse and he reported me for something or other, so the law showed up, I had a shootout and the lady ran off, I never got to finish the event or find out what we were digging for.

That one really seemed like a fun change of pace.

I have also seen a lady screaming from a wagon, a horseback, one was being attacked by 3 cougars, another was a run away wagon that you have to stop if you can, I didnt make it and it went over a cliff killing the occupant, then the lady yelled at me for failing, lol.

Way more than I can remember right now, but the most amazing part of the game for me lately are the unexpected dynamic events that just pop up, every day I find something new.

Absolutely loving the update minus the bigs, I am sure they will sort out the bugs in time so I dont let them bother me.

Glad to be back as well. 

Those events are quite fun. The lady in a wagon :D Yesterday i had the one with a lady in a wagon without the driver pulled by 2 horses. I pulled too fast and when i pressed x to jump on the wagon i made a jump on horse crashing into the horses killing them and the lady inside xD   damn..... guess i killed her too ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

The lady in a wagon :D Yesterday i had the one with a lady in a wagon without the driver pulled by 2 horses. I pulled too fast and when i pressed x to jump on the wagon i made a jump on horse crashing into the horses killing them and the lady inside xD   damn..... guess i killed her too ;) 

Oh good, not just me then - I did exactly the same thing yesterday! You don't get long to chase the stagecoach, match its speed, jump on and save the day. So I thought hammering the button to jump would speed things up, forgetting that it makes the horse do stupid little jumps on its own.

The best I've done for this scenario was I approached from behind and spotted what was going on before the coach took off, I managed to jump on and stopped the coach just as it went into the river. Lost one of the horses but the passenger and driver didn't seem to care.

• Like 1

I also have a real blast with these dynamic events.. i cant get enough! - I was travelling on the road to do a bounty, and a dog was sitting barking on the road side. I got down from my horse, and it ran uphil, when i got up the hill, 1 "Hillbilly" was attacking me, and shouting something like "You dumb piece of sh*t", and also the dog was attacking me.. a little ambush / holdup! .. 

LOVE IT! - it just makes things much much more cool, and i always hope to get a new suprise when i play! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

Oh good, not just me then - I did exactly the same thing yesterday! You don't get long to chase the stagecoach, match its speed, jump on and save the day. So I thought hammering the button to jump would speed things up, forgetting that it makes the horse do stupid little jumps on its own.

The best I've done for this scenario was I approached from behind and spotted what was going on before the coach took off, I managed to jump on and stopped the coach just as it went into the river. Lost one of the horses but the passenger and driver didn't seem to care.

Exactly like that my friend   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Exactly like that my friend   

You guys are too quick for me, by the time I realized what was happening, that thing was way to far away I ran after it, not once, two different times, LOL and I was still like, wait, what?. oh sh$t lol yeah im ready for a third time.

I have saved a kidnapped lady a few times and a guy who is held at a cmapfire tied up and a St Denis policemen also, tied up at a campsite surrounded by 5 or 6 nps ready to kill him.

Today I found my first treasure map pinned to a tree with a knife while I was hunting, that was cool.

I have 3 maps in my inventory and I went and found another 3, they are dropping like crazy.

and James, the 25% xp bonus means if you grind out that membership and one or two of the roles you will rank up really fast, I went from 183 or so when this update dropped to 196 in a week and I need 10 k to level up or more.

Edited by lumper