Made nearly $5000.00 today!!

lumper

So, after a couple weeks of setting everything up, today I started the session with 3.64 gold bars and $242.50 when I logged off I had $4669.50 and 17.50 gold bars.

No glitches or weird stuff, just playing the game.

I sold every single group of collectibles then sold 3 or 4 a second time, that alone netted me $3000.00 then with everything else I did I made the rest.

I found that if you are using the maps at first for collecting and also riding around with your metal detector out and grabbing whatever you come across eventually you get to a point where you have several of many of the items, as many as 9 of a few.

So I went through what I had in my satchel and saw I needed 1 of these 2 of that 3 of those, etc.. so I went around and spent a little time just locating the missing items and put it all together and as soon as I sold everything I looked again, it was the same thing for many of the categories, so I grabbed the 1 or 2 items I needed for a few of them again.

I do as many of my daily challenges as I can without playing any pvp, then look at my collectibles plus I do whatever Cripps needs, like I always hunt no matter what else I am doing and bring everything back to him, then just before I log off I go to a butcher and sell all the meats he doesnt use and I dont need for crafting, so even logging off I made $60.00, I found 2 or 3 maps today and had a few so I went and grabbed all but one of those too.

I think just by playing and doing daily challenges I can easily make $2000.00 tomorrow too, and if I keep this up I dont see why I cant make a minimum of $1000.00 a day and 3 to 15 gold bars, the game suddenly got very lucrative.

I was going to make a tips post but figured nobody wants that and everyone has their own way of playing.

There are many bugs still but over all it is really paying of to have invested in the 3 roles and club membership.

• Like 2

Nice haul partner !

Yes making money is easier now and more ways to do it. Back in the day there was only hunting but now it changed. 

What worries me is that the update semed to be huge but after a couple of days playing 3-5 hours a day im almost finishing the roles..... 

I have all new ability cards, most of the new stuff i wanted (i dont really care for outfits i use the same one i had since launch). Im making more money im spending now and not really stuff to buy so i was thinking to slow down a bit bcoz i can see the finish line with this update and its really close. 

When i log in i start to do the first set of dailys (7) and start with the pvp ones bcoz i want to be over with them fast. Not a fan showdowns lately. Then i proceed to make the rest. In the mean time i feed Cripps what he needs and carry on with proffesion dailys. After i finish all the dailys (im a daily freak i will not stop until i finish all of them) i make some deliveries with cripps and find some colectibles. 

Im enjoying the game but as i said the progress with the professions is too fast. 

11 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Nice haul partner !

Yes making money is easier now and more ways to do it. Back in the day there was only hunting but now it changed. 

What worries me is that the update semed to be huge but after a couple of days playing 3-5 hours a day im almost finishing the roles..... 

I have all new ability cards, most of the new stuff i wanted (i dont really care for outfits i use the same one i had since launch). Im making more money im spending now and not really stuff to buy so i was thinking to slow down a bit bcoz i can see the finish line with this update and its really close. 

When i log in i start to do the first set of dailys (7) and start with the pvp ones bcoz i want to be over with them fast. Not a fan showdowns lately. Then i proceed to make the rest. In the mean time i feed Cripps what he needs and carry on with proffesion dailys. After i finish all the dailys (im a daily freak i will not stop until i finish all of them) i make some deliveries with cripps and find some colectibles. 

Im enjoying the game but as i said the progress with the professions is too fast. 

It sounds like we are doing very similar things, the daily challenges alone take a while for me to get through and then everything else going on... I rotate my focus from collecting to bounty hunting every other day and keep Cripps going strong through it all.

I think this will keep the game flowing nicely even after maxing out the roles.

Im at 11 on Bounty and 20 on the other two but I can see many days of daily challenges to build up money and gold for whatever comes next.

8 hours ago, Antonia said:

why R* lets us make so much money? I believe houses will be expensive ;)

I like your thinking!!

6 hours ago, C20Dragon said:

My friends & I make 2,625 every few hours. We do the 100 goods large wagon / long distance deliveries. $625 for mine & $500 from each of my 4 friends. I’m glad r* finally stop being stingy with money.

NICE!!

I play 100% solo lately, I just prefer it that way, so I do lose out on some things as a result, my numbers were all solo ventures, I would say the first $2300.00 I made yesterday took 2.5 hours or so, not too far off of what you guys did as a group.

Either way it is nice to make money in RDR2with Halloween coming and then the holiday season, the 1 year anniversary, etc.. I see many updates in our future so I think these will be remembered as the golden days when we can make a ton of money and be prepared for each subsequent update to the game.

I know I had saved up $10000.00 or more and over 300 gold bars in preparation for this update and it took me a LONG time to do that, this time I can see doing that in a week easily.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Saffron said:

Thats what im thinking things will keep rising and will.need more and more to be succesful.this is just the start 

From the article that just came out.

“We want to introduce properties at some point in the future,” Butchard admits. “Again, part of the reason is we don’t want to jump the shark too soon.

So I think he is 100% right about the future and the money we will need, it is a great read.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/27/red-dead-online-future-heists-villain-lawmen-business/

• Like 1

Lumper. The possibilities are endless with this game.it will get to a point where all this grinding pays off as we will be the ones ready to set up whatever they throw at us.at one point the game will split in two and wealth will become a part of the west and things will be more expensive if we want them.i.e houses. High end buisness.high end heists will cost to set up and if the heist goes wrong we lose the investment.and so on. Houses will be able to go from shack to mansion and decorate.i just hope they stay on top of the games bugs.this wk ive hardly seen an animal in sight and before the update the wildlife was everywhere.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:32 AM, Antonia said:

why R* lets us make so much money? I believe houses will be expensive ;)

I think they should let you customize wagons like they do with cars in gtao. Thats one way they could make everyone blow their money away. I want a 4 seater hunting wagon thats bright lime green and blue.

Edited by Senator Goob

1 hour ago, fryguynation said:

Where do you sell your collectables, I have only come across the collector wagon twice since the new role started?

You can mail complete collections to Madame Nazar (like the taxidermist missions in story mode) from any post office.

I can sometimes find the wagon in the map by bringing the legend up. Not sure what the rules are for it as sometimes it works, sometimes not. At a guess I'd say if you've been in that general area at some point it will pop on the map with the exact location. Failing that there are sources on the internet stating today's location. So far I've only seen her in about a half-dozen locations so I always check those first. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fryguynation said:

Where do you sell your collectables, I have only come across the collector wagon twice since the new role started?

If you dont see her on the map, try opening a map and collecting the three items then she shoudl show up, if not try goign to the last known location, sometimes that works and if all else fails you can look it up on youtube that day or reddit where they have a post about her daily location.

13 hours ago, fryguynation said:

You can find the Collector's daily location in the topic below. Members normally update it daily.

Edited by C20Dragon

I went out today and grabbed the 2 or 3 missing items I needed for my collections and made another $3500.00

tomorrow I will do the tarot cards and 4 or 5 other collections again and make another $2000.00 I have a good rhythm going, I collect as I do bounties, trader missions, hunting, daily challenges, etc.. and then once I get caught up on everything else I look at my collections, and I dont do anything to them until they are all only missing 3 or less items, and then I go get those items and sell them all

Thing is I have 9 of many items so I will be doing this once or twice a week, making around $5000.00 a week just from collectibles.