Are there any Console vs PC screenshot comparisons yet?

shiverz

23 hours ago, xsugarskull said:

Would they be doing the screen shots on 4K with max settings? I can't imagine the overall look of the game improving that much. Maybe better light and shadow detailing but that is about it. The game looks stunning on console as is. 

PC's can handle a lot more demand so there is going to be a noticeable difference. Consoles have indeed come a long way but it is in the devs' best interest to get the most out of the graphics as possible for PC players to ensure they make money off of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, shiverz said:

PC's can handle a lot more demand so there is going to be a noticeable difference. Consoles have indeed come a long way but it is in the devs' best interest to get the most out of the graphics as possible for PC players to ensure they make money off of it. 

Fair call but they have to consider the average PC gamer as well. Not all PC gamers have 4K monitors and beefed up computers so there is that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xsugarskull said:

Fair call but they have to consider the average PC gamer as well. Not all PC gamers have 4K monitors and beefed up computers so there is that. 

I can say this, my gaming desk currently has an Asus VG245 60Hz 1080p monitor with the PlayStation 4 Slim and the Xbox One X. Keep in mind that I'm only running at 1080p. GTA 5 is far better on my gaming laptop with Intel i5 and GTX 1050 TI 4 GB then the Xbox One X. But comparing Call of Duty WWII, it is way better on the Xbox One X. Assassin's Creed Origins is amazing on the Xbox One X, but I don't have it on PC to compare. 

In general, I find that the PC will offer you more, but not alway's. Optmization is key. Digital Foundary concluded that the Xbox One X provided the best experience for Red Dead Redemption 2 on console due to the hardware. No doubt that the PC version will be great!.   

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 4:15 AM, Vendetta said:

I can say this, my gaming desk currently has an Asus VG245 60Hz 1080p monitor with the PlayStation 4 Slim and the Xbox One X. Keep in mind that I'm only running at 1080p. GTA 5 is far better on my gaming laptop with Intel i5 and GTX 1050 TI 4 GB then the Xbox One X. But comparing Call of Duty WWII, it is way better on the Xbox One X. Assassin's Creed Origins is amazing on the Xbox One X, but I don't have it on PC to compare. 

In general, I find that the PC will offer you more, but not alway's. Optmization is key. Digital Foundary concluded that the Xbox One X provided the best experience for Red Dead Redemption 2 on console due to the hardware. No doubt that the PC version will be great!.   

I noticed this right away. It seems games that are built to run on consoles but also have PC releases without delay testing (Like RDR2, GTA V, etc) are the ones that neatly always preform better on console. 

On 10/24/2019 at 4:15 AM, Vendetta said:

That is interesting that Xbox beat out PS in terms of experience for the game's overall performance. What do they rank exactly? I always thought both consoles were basically the same with minor differences and their own restricted release titles. Anytime I ever talked about the comparison with people, they base what system they get on exclusives and nothing more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shiverz said:

That is interesting that Xbox beat out PS in terms of experience for the game's overall performance. What do they rank exactly? I always thought both consoles were basically the same with minor differences and their own restricted release titles. Anytime I ever talked about the comparison with people, they base what system they get on exclusives and nothing more. 

Good question. Well comparing the base launch model, PlayStation was the clear winner with the more powerful hardware. Comparing the PlayStation 4 Pro to the Xbox One X, the Xbox One X is the clear winner in terms of hardware. Both are great consoles and anyone who likes console gaming should own both. 

Let's talk about exclusives, I don't like it. If you love video gaming, you should not like exclusives. It is anti-consumer and everyone should have the option to play the games they want, regardless of the platform they choose.  

On 10/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, SNAK3S said:

I only found this:

It is using earlier footage from console though so take it for what it is. 

I spotted this and it isn't really worth taking into account the comparisons. There is a PC trailer out now though and I am sure someone will compare the two on YouTube. Someone may have already done so, I haven't checked.