Will online be available day 1 for PC?

xsugarskull

What was the main reason for them waiting for console? Wasn't it that online simply wasn't completed yet? If that is the case they had quite awhile here to be working on it for PC so I am hoping it happens day one. They did mention online right away without saying it will be released at a later date so there is that.

48 minutes ago, shiverz said:

What was the main reason for them waiting for console? Wasn't it that online simply wasn't completed yet? If that is the case they had quite awhile here to be working on it for PC so I am hoping it happens day one. They did mention online right away without saying it will be released at a later date so there is that.

RDO wasn't ready for launch on console.  It was also initially released as a beta.  

As far as it being available on day 1 for PC, again, we simply don't have confirmation yet.  Most of the stuff mentioned in the link I posted was about the story mode.  .....except for the GB bonus in online.  However, I expect we should be hearing more very soon.

13 hours ago, KVNknowsbest said:

Rockstar has a dirty habit of listing stuff and not putting the fine print. They leave it open for a reason. Online might not be available till next year for all we know. We just have to wait and see. I know this will factor in the purchase for me though. 

Well, in the console release they were quite clear that RDO would be a beta that was still a work in progress.  I know a lot of folks made assumptions but for me, it was about what I expected from their description.  I knew it would take time to evolve although I expected it progress a little faster than it did.  .....but that was also an assumption on my part.

....but like you say, we have few details right now but with the release coming in just 3 weeks, I would expect to hear more about it very soon.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they want to delay RDO for a month or so simply so people can experience the campaign first without the anxiety of missing out on the online portion while everyone else is getting ahead.  

• Like 4

I expect a delay so the main focus will be on the campaign. I don't know if there will be one or not but expecting it leaves little room for disappointment for me. I have not played the game yet so it would appeal to someone like me to have a chance to enjoy the story and not fall behind like @Kean_1 mentioned. 

• Like 1

The more I think about it now, it does make sense to wait at least a month just because the game will not be available on Steam till December I think I read and also, they will allow new players to the game to play the campaign without being in a rush or falling behind. 

So the game is not coming out until December for Steam... And This is making me think that when it comes out in December is when the game will go live. I am thinking this is down to Rockstar allowing people who bought the game through their launcher to have time to play the story beforehand.