Happy Anniversary Dead Heads.

buttlint

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Faelwolf said:

Ha! Not used to an older gaming audience, hadn't occurred to me.  Seems this game attracts more of an older generation, which is a good thing in my book! :)

Yeah, I've discovered there are quite a few here like me over 50 and others in their 30s & 40s.  It's probably why the temperment around here is relatively mellow for the most part.

3 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

LOL  I'm old, a Dead Head to me is a fan/follower of The Grateful Dead, a band from the 60's you may have heard your grandparents talk about. So my first thought was "WOW are they still around?"  :)

Yea, we're still here. You might be confusing us for Niclelback fans. Those folks went brain dead years ago.

2 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

I will agree that the player base for this game seems to be a cut above some other games I've played over the years, and certainly a lot less snark.

You spoke to soon.

16 hours ago, buttlint said:

Yea, we're still here. You might be confusing us for Niclelback fans. Those folks went brain dead years ago.

You spoke to soon.

I thought being brain dead was a prerequisite for being a Nickleback fan. :)

Maybe it's just this forum, but I have had no feeling of dread asking a question or reading a reply to any of my posts here, unlike several other games.  In one game years ago, actually had a player making physical threats against me, too (flight sim, I shot down an enemy plane in a fight he had "claimed" for his squad, you know the type). That already puts this a cut above other games.  Sure, there is always the jackass that you run into in any game or online activity, and some whom I suspect are mentally ill, but it seems that certain games attract them more than others.
While I would prefer defensive stance to put me into a PvE only mode, I will accept them marking anyone who messes with me as an aggressor, and let me deal with them without penalty as the defender.  I'll admit that on occasion it will be nice to be able to put a bullet into someone who genuinely deserves it, too. From what I am seeing and hearing, griefing isn't near as bad as some other PvP enabled games, I can deal with it. So far though, it really is a notch above my experience with other PvP enabled (and a number of non PvP as well) games overall, and several above certain specific games I've tried.

Maybe it's due to the apparent age difference? This game seems to have an older player base, but I have met 13 year olds in games that were more mature than some 30 year old players over the years.  Hard to say.

3 minutes ago, Faelwolf said:

Maybe it's just this forum, but I have had no feeling of dread asking a question or reading a reply to any of my posts here, unlike several other games. 

A big part of that has to do with our community.  These are simply a great group of people for the most part and a reason I agreed to become a mod here to help.  ....and that's the other part.  The staff and owner here is always watchful of how fellow community members are treated, etc.  We get troublemakers that join but the worst of them don't tend to last long.  Some folks seem to come from sites like Reddit and then expect that's how it works here.  ....not so much.

.....but if I had to nail it down to one thing being the reason this site seems to work so well, it would definitely be the community.  Just a great group of folks.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, Faelwolf said:

LOL  I'm old, a Dead Head to me is a fan/follower of The Grateful Dead, a band from the 60's you may have heard your grandparents talk about. So my first thought was "WOW are they still around?"  :)

Shouldn't you be yelling at us to get off your lawn?

1 hour ago, Parzival said:

I've been telling people to get off my lawn since I was 15. I think I was born an old boomer or something cause I can't stand people disrespecting my property!! 

(even though it was my parent's property in reality...)

5 hours ago, Parzival said:

Most of my life I have lived in remote areas, so never had an issue with it other than one time in the Arizona desert.  If you want to hear about it, I'd be happy to type it out, it's a hoot! I am too good natured and have too much of a mischievous streak to just yell. :)  And right now, at my cabin in Florida, it'd be more of "get outta my woods!" :D