Jump to content

What could the reason be behind waiting to release the game on Steam?


Coyote
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am guessing it is in part to keep people on their own launcher but there has to be more to it than that.

With the issues I have been having as well as everyone else, I am thinking maybe they wanted a month to fix the problems before the game comes out for Steam. It is far easier to get your money back if you find the game is having too many issues on Steam vs buying it through the Rockstar launcher. 

Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I am guessing it is in part to keep people on their own launcher but there has to be more to it than that.

With the issues I have been having as well as everyone else, I am thinking maybe they wanted a month to fix the problems before the game comes out for Steam. It is far easier to get your money back if you find the game is having too many issues on Steam vs buying it through the Rockstar launcher. 

Thoughts?

Don't know, but I'm about to request a refund. Depending on how they handle my request, will be the deciding factor for if I will purchase any of their games in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on the refund process. I haven't heard anything back from my first request, so I submitted a second ticket. It is completely unacceptable that developers when it comes to PC, release games that are ported so badly to the point that they are unplayable and expect us to just allow them to keep our money while we wait for them to fix it. Not me. 

I had another issue with a seperate game that had issues that took away from an enjoyable experience and requested a refund which I received. Purchased that same game on my Xbox and atleast now I can play the game. I'll keep everyone in the loop of the refund outcome. So far, nothing yet. 

Edited by Vendetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Update on the refund process. I haven't heard anything back from my first request, so I submitted a second ticket. It is completely unacceptable that developers when it comes to PC, release games that are ported so badly to the point that they are unplayable and expect us to just allow them to keep our money while we wait for them to fix it. Not me. 

I had another issue with a seperate game that had issues that took away from an enjoyable experience and requested a refund which I received. Purchased that same game on my Xbox and atleast now I can play the game. I'll keep everyone in the loop of the refund outcome. So far, nothing yet. 

Kinda not the point of the OPs thread but I hope you find a satisfactory resolution so you are able to leave this behind you.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, Anteronoid said:

Simple, buying directly from Rockstar will give them all the money directly. If they sell it through Steam they loose 25% of the cash.

So to keep Steam out the first critical months of release they will cash in pretty good with that move.

This is what I was thinking. They end up eating a cost if they put it on Steam right away. For all we know, the delay in an official date announced may be because Rockstar is trying to lower that percentage.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep checking to see if they put the game on Steam yet, still nothing. I am thinking because of the issues they may not release it till near the end of the month in December, possible not even till January, we will see. 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:59 PM, Vendetta said:

Oh posted in the wrong thread, sorry about that. 

I'm not bothered. Did you get a refund?

On 11/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, Anteronoid said:

If they sell it through Steam they loose 25% of the cash.

Is this the flat rate for all games? I mean that is a HUGE chunk of money. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless most of the issues players are having right now are "fixed" before Steam gets the game....I won't buy it. I did not buy preorder as almost all games on pc that are not beta tested in some fashion are never worth the price tag they throw on the game. This game is most definitely NOT worth 70+ dollars in the condition it is in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2019 at 2:12 AM, Coyote said:

I keep checking to see if they put the game on Steam yet, still nothing. I am thinking because of the issues they may not release it till near the end of the month in

Is this the flat rate for all games? I mean that is a HUGE chunk of money. 

It was planned for a late release on Steam. It's not about the state of the game at all, its about the cut Steam takes from devs. Epic even pays some devs to have them release on their store and block Steam out for a while. 
Yes, 25% is for some, others even 30%. But I'm no expert in this stuff. It's just stuff i've read and heard. 

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/24/18196154/steam-developers-revenue-epic-games-store

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, Coyote said:

I keep checking to see if they put the game on Steam yet, still nothing. I am thinking because of the issues they may not release it till near the end of the month in December, possible not even till January, we will see. 

I'm not bothered. Did you get a refund?

Is this the flat rate for all games? I mean that is a HUGE chunk of money. 

Sorry for the delay. Yes I did get the refund. I think I will wait until they have all the issues worked out then I will buy it on Steam. Until then, I'm having a great time with the game on Xbox One. Just purchased 150 Gold Bars today. I'm currently ranked in mid to high 20's. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2019 at 8:26 PM, Vendetta said:

Sorry for the delay. Yes I did get the refund. I think I will wait until they have all the issues worked out then I will buy it on Steam. Until then, I'm having a great time with the game on Xbox One. Just purchased 150 Gold Bars today. I'm currently ranked in mid to high 20's. 

Yeah may as well just stick to console for the time being since most issues have been fixed there. When the game is on Steam, I would imagine the bulk of the problems will be fixed. Likely why they have yet to announce it or even put it in the marketplace. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...