Character Creation

BornToBattle

Greetings to all! Brand new at this RDR stuff. I fly combat sims, so quite a change of pace.

As my title suggests, I paid top dollar for the PC version problem is the wife and I both want to play RDR2 in free roaming each with our own character we created. I’m talking about creating your own and not assuming one (from where you choose male or female, give it a name, attributes, etc).

So if I have a character I created do I actually have to delete him in order for her to play a female character? That doesn’t sound right, though I see no way of creating another character - all the option I see is “delete”. If this is true pardon my French - but this sucks. If you can have more than one character You’ve created in RDR2 for the PC how to go about it?

Also as a note I read that in game of you hit the “L” key you can assign a defensive attribute to tour character instead of offensive though I don’t see this. Perhaps once you’ve gained attributes later in the game or is this something you can assign “right out of the gate”. I’m tired of being lassoed and shot in the head.

I thank you inadvance! 

You are only able to make one character on console as well. There are ways around this though like signing into a different account name and using the game under that name to make another character. On PC, I don't think there is a way around it. I believe you will have to buy another game for her to have her own character.

20 minutes ago, DiamondDave said:

You are only able to make one character on console as well. There are ways around this though like signing into a different account name and using the game under that name to make another character. On PC, I don't think there is a way around it. I believe you will have to buy another game for her to have her own character.

This is something I didn't get. Like to me, you should be able to make at least one male and one female character. Two options is plenty. I know plenty of people who went back and deleted a character just to switch the gender they were playing. 

First off, thanks for the reply!

Daaaang! Wow...that would get very expensive if one were to truly bite for that hook. Only PC game I own that operates in such a manner.

So essentially you have to buy an individual copy of the game for each member of the household if somebody other than yourself wants to play and develop their own character, instead of Rockstar simply allowing the devs to incorporate at minimum two character creations per paid title.

Well, I for one won’t bite for it. That’s crazy. 

Just make a second account like @DiamondDave mentioned. Its really easy to do on PS4.  I do the same on games like DayZ that only allow 1 character per account on each server.  I have two accounts I use for that one and can make as many as I like.

....unless this isn't possible in your case as mentioned?

I know you can crate more than one in GTA. Personally, I would suggest submitting feedback via R*s Feedback site and request this feature.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadonline/feedback?redirect_lang=en_us

44 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Just make a second account like @DiamondDave mentioned. Its really easy to do on PS4.  I do the same on games like DayZ that only allow 1 character per account on each server.  I have two accounts I use for that one and can make as many as I like.

I know you can crate more than one in GTA. Personally, I would suggest submitting feedback via R*s Feedback site and request this feature.

Thanks. Yeah, this is the new PC version. If it can be done simply by creating another account then heck  yeah, that would make more sense - if indeed you can create a second account on the PC.

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Thanks for the link! I did submit the suggestion if it’s the case with the PC that you indeed cannot create a second account in order to create an online character. I’m investigating it more.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Yes, no problem signing out and creating new account. No, Rockstar won’t link your previous purchase and link it to the new account thus forcing you to buy another copy so another family member can play with a different character creation - within a game you already paid for once lol!

4 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

UPDATE: Yes, no problem signing out and creating new account. No, Rockstar won’t link your previous purchase and link it to the new account thus forcing you to buy another copy so another family member can play with a different character creation - within a game you already paid for once lol!

I kind of figured this would be the case. In my experience, this is one of the few perks consoles do have over PC gaming. It sucks but what ya going to do? If you both still are invested in the game come summer time, I am sure Steam will be running a sale for it. 

I also as a PC gamer can not see why they did not implement 2 character slots 3 at max, then thinking about it just like all companies they want you to buy the game multiple times and go broke. 99.9% of games I play you can have more than 1 character and they do not charge you for that. You would think Rockstar would get on board with this just like all other companies. They want this game to succeed then give us at least 2-3 character slots then more people with play. Consoles have it somewhat made since they can sort of do this already.

I can not complain too hard as PC was lucky to get this game at all, but I as many will not pay for the same game twice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 4:26 AM, sirjohn45 said:

I also as a PC gamer can not see why they did not implement 2 character slots 3 at max, then thinking about it just like all companies they want you to buy the game multiple times and go broke. 99.9% of games I play you can have more than 1 character and they do not charge you for that. You would think Rockstar would get on board with this just like all other companies. They want this game to succeed then give us at least 2-3 character slots then more people with play. Consoles have it somewhat made since they can sort of do this already.

I can not complain too hard as PC was lucky to get this game at all, but I as many will not pay for the same game twice.

I would like to blame greed here but considering what the game likely cost to make, I can't be too mad. They have a huge team that got paid and it took what, 4 years to fully develop and they are still working on the PC version as well as adding in new content for the console versions. I would imagine the higher ups don't make as much as we would think when all is said and done.

2 minutes ago, Anteronoid said:

True, and we don't have loot boxes...yet. 

....nor do I expect we would.  We don't have them in GTAO either, right?  Just Shark Cards for in-game cash and GBs.  ......all of which can already be obtained through playing the game / grinding, occasional bonuses / gifts, etc.

11 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

....nor do I expect we would.  We don't have them in GTAO either, right?  Just Shark Cards for in-game cash and GBs.  ......all of which can already be obtained through playing the game / grinding, occasional bonuses / gifts, etc.

Yes, i meant it as a good thing what DiamondDave said, but these days its hard to be sure. R* have been my fav devs for a very long time. They produce quality games and have not gone the MX patch yet. But i'm a suspicious minded old gamer and wont be surprised if it pops up. But its good it has not come to it yet. Just saying, not flaming.

8 minutes ago, Anteronoid said:

Yes, i meant it as a good thing what DiamondDave said, but these days its hard to be sure. R* have been my fav devs for a very long time. They produce quality games and have not gone the MX patch yet. But i'm a suspicious minded old gamer and wont be surprised if it pops up. But its good it has not come to it yet. Just saying, not flaming.

Yeah, I'm not saying you were flaming (which in itself is fine btw even if you were) but simply don't see any evidence they would do it.  However, they did say in an interview I recall that they didn't have an interest in introducing such a thing but haven't ruled it out.  Even if they did, I would expect that they have fully digested what has been going on.  I just don't see R* making a mistake implementing something they know others have caught so much flak for.  If they did, I would imagine it would be from a different angle at least.

R*s MTX models are one of the few that i actually like.

10 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I'm not saying you were flaming (which in itself is fine btw even if you were) but simply don't see any evidence they would do it.  However, they did say in an interview I recall that they didn't have an interest in introducing such a thing but haven't ruled it out.  Even if they did, I would expect that they have fully digested what has been going on.  I just don't see R* making a mistake implementing something they know others have caught so much flak for.  If they did, I would imagine it would be from a different angle at least.

R*s MTX models are one of the few that i actually like.

Yes, that's why the "...yet" ;) 

Agree with you, R* know their stuff. Warframe know their stuff, Ubisoft simply don't know sh*t.. the latest Ghost Recon Breakpoint was a clear indication on how to not prioritize game development and build around for MTX and and how to make fans angry.  :D 

Edited by Anteronoid

2 minutes ago, Anteronoid said:

Yes, that's why the "...yet" ;) 

Agree with you, R* know their stuff. Warframe know their stuff, Ubisoft simply don't know sh*t.. the latest Ghost Recon Breakpoint was a clear indication on how to not prioritize game development and build around for MTX and and how to make fans angry.  :D 

Oh no you didn't just bring up GRB.....  ;)

Seriously, don't even get me started.  The loot system doesn't even scratch the surface of what is wrong with that game IMO.  They were on the right track with Wildland's and even with all of the great feedback, ideas, suggestions many of us made on their own official forums, they still decided to try and reinvent the wheel with components no one asked for nor wanted.    

It's hilarious now that they come back to the community asking for feedback now that GRB is a failure.  Several of us have told them to go back and read the GRW forums.  .....all the answers are there.

On a side note, their new community manager joined not long ago.  They are currently playing GRW to gain some perspective.  ......they never played the game before.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Oh no you didn't just bring up GRB.....  ;)

Seriously, don't even get me started.  The loot system doesn't even scratch the surface of what is wrong with that game IMO.  They were on the right track with Wildland's and even with all of the great feedback, ideas, suggestions many of us made on their own official forums, they still decided to try and reinvent the wheel with components no one asked for nor wanted.    

It's hilarious now that they come back to the community asking for feedback now that GRB is a failure.  Several of us have told them to go back and read the GRW forums.  .....all the answers are there.

On a side note, their new community manager joined not long ago.  They are currently playing GRW to gain some perspective.  ......they never played the game before.  

Holy crap man, are your the Kean_1 as in the GRB forum Kean_1, who know!?  Hehe, laughs aside, I've seen you there. You make posts with perfect sense and I like them.
Yes, i'm all up to date with GRB, browsing the forum daily. Wildlands was one of my favourite games ever, and i had high hopes for Breakpoint, but was very let down by the non existing survival mechanics and the loot system. I did play both Division games, but they never got stuck on me like Wildlands. The at release MTX store was a laugh in the face and all the features missing from Wildlands, the bugs, the low draw distance compared to Wildlands and the stupid nonlogic weapon attachment and ammo, i mean, wrong ammo on guns, and saying .50 cal but the game is using something completely different. And so much effort put in crafting stuff that you'll never need for survival. And now they broke the lock-on rockets. But I've managed to level up to max in gearscore. Not sure i will ever touch the MP part.
My 12y old son have now borrowed my UBI account to try out R6 with his friends, witch is very popular at his school at the moment , so I cant continue play GRB until after Christmas when he gets his own sub account as a gift for a year. Hes racking up a pretty hefty load of ubiosoft credits though.. 😁

Edited by Anteronoid