[HELP] Health level does not increase

Kampfhamster

Howdy Community,

I started the game a few days ago on PC. Now I have an issue with my health level. I am stuck at level 7 and only get "health xp" from a level up. Using the bow, fishing or brawling does not have any affect. Any clues, what else i can try?

Cheers

Hamster

Edited by Kampfhamster
fishing works

You've probably unlocked a few Trapper Challenges by now.  Completing these challenges has the effect of increasing the different kinds of stats.  The activity-based increases only go so far, to completely fill those rings, you'll need to complete the challenges, some of which take considerable time and patience.

1 hour ago, Kampfhamster said:

Thanks. Hopefully someone can help me solving this problem.

I fell into a river, had to swim for an age to get to the shore (I was being washed downstream, every now and then clambered onto a rock but then had to swim some more, and my stamina boosted while I was swimming after quite a while.  I find myself running a lot in game (I hunt with a carcass on my horse and one on my back, hate the hunting wagon) and again that has boosted my stats.  It's the long game but it does work.  I'm level 98 and have the stats almost maxed.  Also I think your weight affects damage resistance and fitness.  Apologies if that is not what you are talking about.

You seem to be doing what it takes to level up by fishing, brawling and such. 

If you are not seeing the +health icon popping up on the right side of the screen when you catch a fish then it sounds like a glitch or something. 

And since you're playing on PC, well, a glitch could be it.  No idea how to fix it. 

But you sound like you're doing what is required anyways, if that helps. 

....moving this to the PC forum seeing that is a PC-specific problem.

fyi, I had seen a recent article from PC Gamer in regard to health core usage being tied to FPS (with a workaround by locking yours at 30 fps), but I have no idea if this is tied into this particular problem.

In either case, I would contact R* Support.

I think generally doing things like fishing, eating, etc. will do this for you. Just keep at it for awhile and update us on any progress. And as mentioned, it is worth reporting this to Rockstar in case this is a legit glitch or issue that you need help getting around. 

Hey, you cant level the strenght stat with bow hunting, dunno why,

but if killing hostile npc or players with the bow then the stats are going up.

I play on pc.

I will start to do the eazy bounty haunting missions with the bow only till i max strenght.

Regards.

Amon.