Hard to Kill AI

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, SaulGoodMan said:

You have to hit them dead on in the heart. It might look like it but when you go for chest shots, even by or near the heart, it isn't a guarantee they stay down. 

I never understood this. Like obviously, you might not hit them in the heart every time but if you even hit a lung, they are going to fall over and not be able to get up and run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:52 PM, shawn said:

I never understood this. Like obviously, you might not hit them in the heart every time but if you even hit a lung, they are going to fall over and not be able to get up and run.

*head (I just realized I misspelled that lol)

And tis but a video game so not all logic is going to be applied here. 

1 hour ago, SaulGoodMan said:

*head (I just realized I misspelled that lol)

And tis but a video game so not all logic is going to be applied here. 

Yeah.....  Especially where R* is concerned. 

I always wished they would put more focus in to building more complexity into their damage / gunplay mechanics.  It's just too "arcadey" for me considering all the other level of detail these games have in their physics, player/NPC behaviors, driving mechanics, etc.  If it wasn't for those other things, I wouldn't be able to look past it.

I guess that's why I never could get on board with those looking for free aim in RDO. .....with all else not changing it seems pointless to me.

• Like 1
On 12/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, OleTimer said:

Is it normal for the AI to take many body hits before they go down? 

The mechanics in Rockstar games have always been hit or miss (pun possibly intended?) so yeah, the realistic aspect of someone taking a shot to the chest and staying down are out the door, down the street and taking a plane ride to Albuquerque. Point being, they could have done better but hey, at least head shots work, right? lol

• Like 2
On 1/1/2020 at 9:01 PM, Jammin Jim said:

The mechanics in Rockstar games have always been hit or miss (pun possibly intended?) so yeah, the realistic aspect of someone taking a shot to the chest and staying down are out the door, down the street and taking a plane ride to Albuquerque. Point being, they could have done better but hey, at least head shots work, right? lol

I remember being one of the people who was kinda disappointed in the mechanics of the game in terms of this. Like the hand to hand combat and the general damage done via bullets was just screw-bally. Oh well.. I mean the game is still insanely good all things considered.

22 minutes ago, RON said:

I remember being one of the people who was kinda disappointed in the mechanics of the game in terms of this. Like the hand to hand combat and the general damage done via bullets was just screw-bally. Oh well.. I mean the game is still insanely good all things considered.

......and that's the only reason I can look past the over simplified gunplay / combat mechanics in R* games. 

• Like 1
On 1/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, Boot Smith said:

Incendiary shotgun shells seems to work.

Don't appear to be able to loot much after though.

~ Kill it with fire  ;)

It is pretty hard to mess up a shot gun though. They do big damage at close range. But they make a mess of things. So that is the downfall of using them. I prefer them myself online for close range protection.