Collectible Locations Changed

MrPicard

Okay, so the Moonshiner update changed ALL the locations for the collectibles. (And apparently also for loot although I haven't checked that one out yet.) Someone even said the new locations are now completely randomized and change hourly instead of daily (?!). Is this true? Does anyone have more information on this? I'm kinda miffed about this, I'd gotten used to going to my favorite collectible spots on different days. :(

"Updates have been made to the Collector role collectible spawn system to make spawns less predictable"

That's what the patch notes say. No idea about the details, but personally I like this a lot. Even without using online maps, I was already remembering a number of collection spawns after just a few weeks, and getting a bit bored with it. Randomizing it will add some longevity to the Collector role.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flu007 said:

"Updates have been made to the Collector role collectible spawn system to make spawns less predictable"

That's what the patch notes say. No idea about the details, but personally I like this a lot. Even without using online maps, I was already remembering a number of collection spawns after just a few weeks, and getting a bit bored with it. Randomizing it will add some longevity to the Collector role.

Yeah I saw the patch note, but as you said, it doesn't offer a lot of details. I never used any of the maps either I just rode around with my metal detector and eagle eye and learned over time where some of the collectibles are on what day and I enjoyed making a daily round to get them and make a few hundred dollars. I don't mind if they give them new locations now, but it it's true that they've made them change every hour... it just seems somewhat excessive to me. (What can I say, I like routine.)

I think they realized by being too predictable it was becoming way to easy to make money... Honestly, I think it’ll be more interesting to have to search for them rather than just do your rounds and pick them up for the day... Besides, the predictable spawn cycle made the collector maps useless...

• Like 1

The online maps and predictable spawns basically broke the economy.  Players were just doing a daily tour and earning thousands which rendered the trader role pretty pointless and can only lead to ridiculous inflation if left unchecked. I used it a few times but couldn't face that level of grind without my soul dying.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Vimes said:

The online maps and predictable spawns basically broke the economy.  Players were just doing a daily tour and earning thousands which rendered the trader role pretty pointless and can only lead to ridiculous inflation if left unchecked. I used it a few times but couldn't face that level of grind without my soul dying.

The lack of animals has nearly rendered the trader role pointless by itself, plus add the camp spawn hassles on top of it.  Luckily I already made my fortune collecting, as i'm sure have many others.   This economy isn't something like Madden NFL though where my ability to buy more things raises the price for anyone else.

I wouldn't have abandoned the trader role if it hadn't been for the animal spawn and camp issue - I simply got tired of waiting for half an hour to find one bird flying around AND to then spend another half hour trying to set up my camp. So I resorted to doing the daily challenges and my collector rounds every day. And now that the Moonshiner update missions aren't working anymore either (and neither do trader selling missions), I am really interested in finding out where the new collectible locations are. It's literally the only role that's working. (I know, Bounty Hunter exists also, and it is nice and whatnot but it's a lot of hassle and it doesn't pay nearly enough, and I've max'd it out so there's no reason for me to go back to that one.)

21 minutes ago, Mizz-Lucy said:

Do any of you ever get maps that you can't find the treasure even with the old locations known?

Yeah, that happens occasionally. Restarting the game tends to fix it for me.

Had a very obvious one yesterday where I couldn't find the item at any of the three locations (they were close together so I checked all 3 to test it) and after a relaunch I found them easily. (And two of the three were metal detector items, so it's not like I over-looked them; metal detector did nothing the first time, but worked after relaunch.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flu007 said:

Yeah, that happens occasionally. Restarting the game tends to fix it for me.

Had a very obvious one yesterday where I couldn't find the item at any of the three locations (they were close together so I checked all 3 to test it) and after a relaunch I found them easily. (And two of the three were metal detector items, so it's not like I over-looked them; metal detector did nothing the first time, but worked after relaunch.)

Thanks for saying. I thought it must be a bug or something. I would find 1 maps treasure but then the next 2 I couldn't find anything.