Red Dead Roleplay?

McLawDiz

Am i the only one, that cant stop Roleplaying for myself when i login to Red Dead Online?

I dont have friends playing Red Dead, and i am mostly a sole player.. However, when i login i try do the stuff as realistic as possbile, because its fun.. 

Since the first few months of RDO, we have seen massive improvements, and updates, that makes it even better to play RDO in a Roleplay kinda way, but there is still a long long way to go, that i get the feeling will be adjusted in the future.. 

We know the "Animal spawn" problem, that needs to be fixed (and will be) but what about the Npcs being really really dull? - Sometimes i go into Story mode, and i just get blown away by the atmosphere that it has... that online misses.. and yeah, i get the fact that online has servers, with players and tons of other stuffs.. but with the content, and future content, why not add some more "Atmosphere" in the game? 🙂

This is why i made the topic.. to try figure if i am the only one, missing the content that i dont understand was not there from the start.. 

Give us the damn prostitutes in the cities.. GIve us access to the hotels Let us rent a room, and grab a bath! Give us the possibilty to tip our hats when riding slow past Npcs.. They all greet you, why cant we do it back to them?? 

Give us more, to use our money on.. i have around 36000 dollars ingame, but nothing really to use em on.. So the things above would be really awesome! 

Rockstar already hinted, that they will never add unrealistic stuff, that was not time related, so lets hope we get a shitload of things, that people on forums have been wanting for ages... Cause, FINALLY in the moonshiners update, we got our beloved "Bandoilers"..

If we think Roleplay additions.. What would you guys love to have? - And am i totaly alone/lost with these things?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Your not alone partner. All of our adult community likes to get imursed in the game.  If you really play it right , like hunting , get off your horse and track the animal without alerting it ( when there are animals )  use a bow it's quite spectacular. And I agree that the things you mentioned need to be added to online. Such a masterpiece !! It just needs a little tweaking. 

• Like 2

I’m with you here  and agree with the npc interactions, prostitutes and all you say ... I play the game the same way and have thought these very things ....also wish they would add the progressive hair growth like they have in the story mode, and you could shave and cut your hair the way you wanted instead of the instant change your style at the barbershop ..... can’t have a mustache or side burns, etc along with stubble .... 

• Like 2

Animal spawns are a bit low to be filling up Cripps in a timely manner but how often are you run down by animals in the RW? If you are roll playing and hunting. When animals are far and few between, it is more realistic. I may only run across a few dear in an hour of hunting but in real life isn't it sometimes even worse? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

Am i the only one, that cant stop Roleplaying for myself when i login to Red Dead Online?

I dont have friends playing Red Dead, and i am mostly a sole player.. However, when i login i try do the stuff as realistic as possbile, because its fun.. 

Since the first few months of RDO, we have seen massive improvements, and updates, that makes it even better to play RDO in a Roleplay kinda way, but there is still a long long way to go, that i get the feeling will be adjusted in the future.. 

We know the "Animal spawn" problem, that needs to be fixed (and will be) but what about the Npcs being really really dull? - Sometimes i go into Story mode, and i just get blown away by the atmosphere that it has... that online misses.. and yeah, i get the fact that online has servers, with players and tons of other stuffs.. but with the content, and future content, why not add some more "Atmosphere" in the game? 🙂

This is why i made the topic.. to try figure if i am the only one, missing the content that i dont understand was not there from the start.. 

Give us the damn prostitutes in the cities.. GIve us access to the hotels Let us rent a room, and grab a bath! Give us the possibilty to tip our hats when riding slow past Npcs.. They all greet you, why cant we do it back to them?? 

Give us more, to use our money on.. i have around 36000 dollars ingame, but nothing really to use em on.. So the things above would be really awesome! 

Rockstar already hinted, that they will never add unrealistic stuff, that was not time related, so lets hope we get a shitload of things, that people on forums have been wanting for ages... Cause, FINALLY in the moonshiners update, we got our beloved "Bandoilers"..

If we think Roleplay additions.. What would you guys love to have? - And am i totaly alone/lost with these things?

I agree with you (sorry, in a hurry for Christmas stuff so not posting examples) but I have strategic faith that they will keep adding in the sort of content you're talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DNMNetTech said:

Animal spawns are a bit low to be filling up Cripps in a timely manner but how often are you run down by animals in the RW? If you are roll playing and hunting. When animals are far and few between, it is more realistic. I may only run across a few dear in an hour of hunting but in real life isn't it sometimes even worse? 

Well, I always see enough deer to fill a hunting wagon... But they’re plentiful enough to be a nuisance around here lol. But the difference is the method of hunting I’d imagine (I’m not really talking about the animal spawn issues, more the role play aspect here). When I hunt a deer in real life, I’m often looking for a certain type of deer... Or sometimes even a specific deer I have my eye on. So many deer pass by me without much notice.

in the game, my character is hunting for a much different purpose. He’s simply looking for meat and bits for Cripps to make his trinkets out of. I’d say it’s more like what I do while trapping... Trying to fill up a pickup truck (hunting wagon) with as many useful pelts as I can get my hands on, while avoiding critters that aren’t worth the time it takes to skin them...

• Like 3

Lol .... I agree... when you’re grinding in the game and can’t keep the materials needed plus on some of the resupply missions you can’t succeed because there isn’t an animal to kill to trade for the supplies .... I’m all for a challenge but when the animals don’t spawn at all it gets frustrating ..... much like my shine that keeps resetting to zero after I’ve started a batch ..... I tend to think I have a good plan of working my products - working one while the other is preparing but this is making it hard to do ... 

3 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

...some of the resupply missions you can’t succeed because there isn’t an animal to kill to trade for the supplies ....

Don’t get me started... I had to get a turkey for some guy sitting out in the middle of nowhere... after about 20 minutes of trying to find a turkey I got really frustrated with the game... I mean, I am an outlaw. Why the hell can’t I just rob the guy for his supplies? It’s not like I haven’t murdered a dozen or two people to get Cripps his tanning chemicals before...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

Don’t get me started... I had to get a turkey for some guy sitting out in the middle of nowhere... after about 20 minutes of trying to find a turkey I got really frustrated with the game... I mean, I am an outlaw. Why the hell can’t I just rob the guy for his supplies? It’s not like I haven’t murdered a dozen or two people to get Cripps his tanning chemicals before...

I actually went over to the guy and tried to steal the sh*t …  lol 

15 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

Christmas has entered RDO ;D 

Wuuhuuu.PNG

Did they just start these? I haven't seen anything yet. Going to be hopping on in a bit. Gotta grab some food. Are the trees optional or are they all set up on their own?

Makes me wanna rock a white beard and santa hat... OH! ARE SANTA HATS IN THE GAME!?

5 hours ago, Jammin Jim said:

Did they just start these? I haven't seen anything yet. Going to be hopping on in a bit. Gotta grab some food. Are the trees optional or are they all set up on their own?

Makes me wanna rock a white beard and santa hat... OH! ARE SANTA HATS IN THE GAME!?

Yeah man! - They added a really cool atmosphere in the game, ex in your schack, its christmas all over, and in your camp!

Today they will add snow also.. what a wonderful time to be alive ;D 

2 hours ago, McLawDiz said:

Yeah man! - They added a really cool atmosphere in the game, ex in your schack, its christmas all over, and in your camp!

I thought I had christmas lights in my shack. And there's a wreath on the front door.

Edited by CosmoKramer