How do you Dance?

Heibel

4 minutes ago, Heibel said:

Another dumb question probably, but still trying to figure it out.  How do you dance for daily rewards?

1st you have to get the band to start playing - then go to or around the center of the dance floor and you should see a prompt (triangle button for ps4) to dance - hold it down and you should be able to cycle through which ever dance you want - select and enjoy .. 

above answer assuming you have Moonshine cabin with bar upgrades.  I'm unsure if other pianos or instruments in the game allow it.   There is a place people without stew pots can get stew as an example (I think).  Since they added dancing I've never tried at  a saloon.

Edited by Darconios
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darconios said:

above answer assuming you have Moonshine cabin with bar upgrades.  I'm unsure if other pianos or instruments in the game allow it.   There is a place people without stew pots can get stew as an example (I think).  Since they added dancing I've never tried at  a saloon.

Ahhh - gotcha ... yes I do believe you have to have a moonshine shack with a band or get invited to a moonshine shack that has a band - I’ve done both ..

The Triangle option to dance pops up whenever you stand in front of the band... in what might be a dance floor type area.  But you need bar or bar invite as people said above.  Maybe you had lag or something when you tried it.

Edited by Darconios

And once you have a band, you also have to tell them to play before you can then dance.  Every time I turn up at my bar, it's chock-full of customers, lots of chat, and the band are just sitting on their stools holding their instruments, the lazy blighters.  Once I tell them to play they're up and at it.  They're a bit like Cripps - stealing a living.

I play the piano with the band, the leave and stand in front of the band while they still play. The girl moves to take over the piano from you and you get the dance option.  Then you dance like a doofus.

my granddaughter watched me yesterday. She made such faces at my character’s dancing skills.  😄

All the post here are correct, you have to own a moonshiner shack, reached lvl 5 as a bootlegger, buy a bar, hire a band, unlock the various dance moves for your character, tell them to play then go on the dance floor and pick your move from the emote menu OR if you see me online (PS4), message me and I will invite you to my bar and give you a dance lesson.

Red Dead Redemption 2_20200103215349.jpg