What happens after you report a player?

I am a bit confused here. I was dealing with some issues with a group of players. They wouldn't leave me a lone and kept screwing with me so I reported each of them and went to a new lobby. Within 20 minutes or so, I was back in the same lobby as them after completing a moonshiner mission. 

I thought when you report someone, the game will keep you out of the same lobby or is this not a thing? I could have sworn this is how it worked on console. 

I don't believe there is a blocking filter like that which R* uses.  However, I do know PS4 and I believe XB1 have block features that may or may not keep players being paired with you in games. In PS4s case, there has been mixed information on this even from the source.

Personally, I would not only use the in-game reporting feature but also the R* Support site. There is a way to create a trouble ticket spefically to report individual players or groups. 

As for what happens to those people when you report them, I have no idea. I'd imagine R* also looks at how many others reports there are against them, etc.

You'd think they would have this as an in-game option for PC players. I know on console, like Kean mentioned, it is super easy to block people through the actual console settings. Sometimes it works in-game sometimes it doesn't but it is still an option. 

Given that they know people cheat and use mods online, they should have a way to at the very least avoid other players. I know on GTA V their is a ghosting option but it is only temporary. 

Edited by bluntTR4P

Not much. The account usually goes under review.

This can take anywhere from a day or two to well over a week. This is why people seem to get "randomly banned". They got enough reports on their account to warrant a ban through Rockstar's eyes. 

On 1/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, dIV4r said:

Not much. The account usually goes under review.

This can take anywhere from a day or two to well over a week. This is why people seem to get "randomly banned". They got enough reports on their account to warrant a ban through Rockstar's eyes. 

I think it depends on when and where you report someone. It seems to go through faster if you do it on their support page vs on console or through the social club.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:13 AM, MadMatt said:

I think it depends on when and where you report someone. It seems to go through faster if you do it on their support page vs on console or through the social club.

Pretty sure it goes to the same place though. I am guessing it has more to do with who reads your report.