Looting player camps?

I think the point was supposed to be that we could attack camps and stuff but they have really delved into that much, I mean I have been attacked once by npc's since the update that gave us dogs at camp, but never by a player.

It would be cool if they added a feature that allows you to steal from camps and attack when the flag is down, so we could go in, and take some materials or a special camp stew we can eat, or steal from the loot box, etc..

Hopefully in time they will add something to that effect.

• Like 2

I always have a decent stew cooking, and to be honest other players are welcome to it.  I agree, if the flag is down we should be able to loot the lockbox - only if you have a lockpick - and take consumables and ammo.  If it's available you can fill up on all your ammo.

• Like 2
On 1/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, Boot Smith said:

So when your flag goes down OR you come across a camp that has it's flag down - what can you do apart from steal their beer and shoot Cripps in the face and throw him on the fire?

What else can you do?  You can wash your face.   That's how you really disrespect another's camp.

Seriously, it would be great if we could interact more with each others' camps.  Can't even hitch a horse, which seems odd.

Edited by SimonTemplar
8 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

Seriously, it would be great if we could interact more with each others' camps.  

Aye, it would.  I did sit at somebodies camp after doing a little jig and donating a chicken... He proceeded to pick up and throw the chicken at me again and again until I figured he didn't want me there.  So I left... not first without making some dynamite stew.  It went down with a bang; but the dog didn't digest it very well

• Haha 1

Looting lockboxes seems like a bad idea to me. Aren't lockboxes essentially mail boxes? As a Fallout 76 player I'm very conscious of anything that involves accessing other people's 'inventories' - If it's not done right and there are bugs (and holy heck is this game buggy!), the results can be disastrous!

Attacking other players' camps might be fun for people who enjoy that kind of thing. But with camps being what they are - largely impersonal, placed wherever the game chooses at random - I'm not sure what it'd really add. It's not like you can build any defences or site it somewhere strategic or anything like that, which might make such an idea more appealing.

Customisation of camps is my biggest bugbear with the game so far actually. There's so little to really make it your own or really get invested in the things in any meaningful way. The few options we do have are so expensive that after nearly two and a half weeks of daily dedicated play I've only just been able to get a dog (although to be fair, I have been buying all of the clothes too)!

Also, frankly it completely breaks my brain that Cripps works at all of them. You're riding around and you find multiple Cripps along the same stretch of road - what?! Some kind of weird inter-dimensional Cripps mutiverse stuff going on there, I tell you!

Edited by FruitOfTheLum
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

Looting lockboxes seems like a bad idea to me. Aren't lockboxes essentially mail boxes? As a Fallout 76 player I'm very conscious of anything that involves accessing other people's 'inventories' - If it's not done right and there are bugs (and holy heck is this game buggy!), the results can be disastrous!

Attacking other players' camps might be fun for people who enjoy that kind of thing. But with camps being what they are - largely impersonal, placed wherever the game chooses at random - I'm not sure what it'd really add. It's not like you can build any defences or site it somewhere strategic or anything like that, which might make such an idea more appealing.

Customisation of camps is my biggest bugbear with the game so far actually. There's so little to really make it your own or really get invested in the things in any meaningful way. The few options we do have are so expensive that after nearly two and a half weeks of daily dedicated play I've only just been able to get a dog (although to be fair, I have been buying all of the clothes too)!

Also, frankly it completely breaks my brain that Cripps works at all of them. You're riding around and you find multiple Cripps along the same stretch of road - what?! Some kind of weird inter-dimensional Cripps mutiverse stuff going on there, I tell you!

I agree with you about multiverse Cripps..

In terms of the money, I thought that, but then it hits a point with the professions where suddenly you have money for everything and nothing to buy.  I'm only level 150, but since around level 90 I have had all the weapons I want, customised how I want them, all of the Camp/shack unlockables, and now I have all the horses I could want, a terrific range of clothes, and still have a four figure cash bank and 100 gold bars (and I dropped my daily challenge streak recently owing to the bugs).  Really, for me it was the collector role which undid the game economy.  It ranked me up so quickly and made me so rich that money soon became irrelevant, its really too powerful.  So don't worry about the Camp unlocks.

I agree with your hesitations surrounding lock box access, but it would be great if the Camps were more individual.  

1 hour ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

Well, if you go back to the update that gave us the dogs I think maybe it was earlier than that, but one of them specifically included things about being attacked at your camp, and I was once by npc's, so I think camp attacks were supposed to be more often than they are, it does feel like there should be something to protect from other players when you have a down flag, and the game goes out of its way to lower your flag making you vulnerable at times like when making a delivery for some reason.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, lumper said:

It would be cool if they added a feature that allows you to steal from camps and attack when the flag is down, so we could go in, and take some materials or a special camp stew we can eat, or steal from the loot box, etc..

When I first started playing online (on console) I just assumed this is where it would get to but it hasn't yet and I am not sure if/when they will make these changes. Camps are dull and boring to me. Hardly any action.

If nothing of value can be taken, it would seem that the biggest worry we have about being raided is someone killing Cripps.

So what happens if he is killed? Does he respawn? Do we have to pitch the camp again to get him back? That could be a pain with the camp spawning issues (camps have been pretty consistent on PC lately, for me).

I've only seen my camp being attacked once, and I'm not entirely sure it was an attack. I came back to camp to find Cripps having a shootout with a couple of NPC's, but it stopped as soon as I got back. My camp was set right next to Thieves Landing and there are always NPC's around that area, so I'm not sure what exactly happened, though.