Camp upgrade question

I'm in chapter 3, and have all the ledger upgrades for the camp except the boat. Is it worth getting?

Also, there is $700+ in the gang donations. Without giving anything away, should I keep giving money into it if there's nothing left to buy? The $700 in there is more than enough for resupplies for a while.

Depends how you feel, I guess.  There's one trophy for giving $250 to the camp.  Apart from that, you only really need to buy enough upgrades to give Pearson the ability to craft satchels for you and then give him the perfect pelts to do so.  If you don't contribute any money or supplies to the camp, the other camp members might grumble a bit more, but it won't change anything in terms of story or anything else affecting game progression.

I seem to recall that giving to camp can increase your honor rating, so that might be a reason, but I sure wouldn't waste too much time dragging animal corpses back to camp.

• Like 1

I bought the boat, and I wish I hadn't wasted all that money. I was hoping to get to the other side of flat iron lake or the lannahechee river or go fishing on flat iron lake. Both turned out to be flops 😞

So my advice is DON'T BOTHER.

Doesn't seem to matter either way, all about what you want out of your camp and your preferences. If you have something else in mind for spending the money, go for that instead. Money is easy to come by after awhile. Can always upgrade later. 

Well I ended up buying the boat so now I have all the upgrades. So no new upgrades to spend money on will show up later in the game? I guess I shouldn't donate $ at Dutch's tent since there's $400 in there. 

The boat helped me get a perfect iguana skin for Pearson too. Just rowed across the island.

21 hours ago, Tater said:

The boat helped me get a perfect iguana skin for Pearson too. Just rowed across the island.

Yeah having a boat is handy. I would have made the same choice if it came down to those two choices. That is one aspect of the game that impressed me. It lets you play certain things how you want, according to your play style. 

• Like 1