How do you put your route from the online collector map into the game so it shows on the in game map?

Here is the link to the collector map:

https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I have tried everything, one way asks for a code but I have no idea how to get a code, and the other ways lets you browse on your PC but I cannot find where the maps are located.

I do okay by just marking the next location on the in game map after I find each collector item, but I can save a lot of time by just having the whole route mapped out in game and just following the radar.

Thank you for any help.

That's an unofficial map, yeah?  Unless this is for PC and there in fact is some way to overpay this info into the in-game map, there is no way I know of to do what you're saying.  You have to use such maps on your phone, tablet or computer while you play AFAIK.

• Thanks 1

yea, you cannot.

hell, we are not even supposed to know the map locations, thats why the lady sells the maps.

And should someone find a way on pc, you can be shure R* will remove it very fast.

Edited by NF85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All you can do is eyeball the location on your map when comparing it to the collector's item map. All you have to do is mark your waypoint in the general location of where you think it should be,  and when you get in the area you'll see the gold sparkles in eagle eye or feel the ticks start to register with the metal detector.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NF85 said:

yea, you cannot.

hell, we are not even supposed to know the map locations, thats why the lady sells the maps.

And should someone find a way on pc, you can be shure R* will remove it very fast.

Pretty much this. It isn't an option and the second it becomes available, Rockstar will stop everything they are doing and rid the internet of it. And by everything they are doing, probably just making us more pointless clothes for RDR2 online. LOL

• Thanks 1

The most fun I had with this game was jumping off the map in the story mode and making up my own quests, in the beginning, there were like 2 exit points. When rockstar caught on, they started blocking them. Just as soon as they did, someone would find another one. So it went 5 or 6 times. Once we figured out some of the principles involved, we clammed up and stopped publishing them on forums and youtube. The people that knew the exit points started to share information only in PM's and email. That became yet another facet of our made up games. We were outlaws constantly evading the long arm the Rockstar sheriffs. (In our heads)

I've grown up a lot since then.  I accepted the error of my ways and have since tried very hard to be a good Red Dead citizen.

Since the Online version has been a bit of a disappointment, I sure do have a hankerin' to make one final run to Escalera and jump off the mesh and into the eternal free fall.

• Thanks 1

I am enjoying it on PC very much besides hackers not much can be done when all of a sudden you start blowing up and cannot see a name or player anywhere, just flying through the air on fire.

Thanks everyone, I have been doing the map on another screen or app on my phone and I always end up right on target, works great, I just like things to be as efficient as possible, lol.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AaronT said:

I am enjoying it on PC very much besides hackers not much can be done when all of a sudden you start blowing up and cannot see a name or player anywhere, just flying through the air on fire.

Thanks everyone, I have been doing the map on another screen or app on my phone and I always end up right on target, works great, I just like things to be as efficient as possible, lol.

At least you have something though. I mean I wouldn't want the map too be too accurate myself. I like the element of feeling lost in the game. Makes it more fun when you go exploring. 

I use the online map primarily to find Madame Nazer. She tends to not show up on the ingame map until 2 hours after I have logged on or not at all. It's a little like the Cripps problem, except she and her wagon are actually in the game but the in- game map wont always show her marker. The only way you can find her is when you hear the wagon music and randomly stumble upon her location by accident. I am pretty sure that is not the way the game is supposed to work.(bug?) My strategy is to buy all of the maps at once when I do find her because I never know when she will turn up again. Since collecting is my main gig, it is a huge PIA when I need to restock the maps.

Like Ron, I dont use the online map to find the objects, I much prefer to use Madame Nazer maps or find the things thru exploration. But there is also another bug that screws up gameplay......Many times Nazar maps are just plain wrong. You can go to the places (travel the entire length of the map) and the object isnt where it is clearly marked on her map. Your only choice is to toss the map to get rid of the yellow smudge and go buy another map. (go find Nazar again!) With using the online map I can verify where something is or something isnt and quit wasting my time on wild goose chases because R* cant make their own game work. 

Some purist may find using the online map is cheating. I have found it extremely useful for troubleshooting my game problems. I figured out early in the game that I wasnt going to get any real help filling out tickets or waiting for updates. So yea....there's that.

I have and never will cheat or use a hack, or even an exploit, but having severely injured my C-spine in 2000, the first surgery failing and making me worse off, but the second one helping me, I am always in some pain, sometimes in great pain, so when I play sometimes if there is an aid to guide me to something I will use it.

I do particularly enjoy it when something seems to be atop a cliff, but actually turns out to be on a ledge and you have to find a way to get out on it, etc...

I misunderstood what the import/export was for, I just could not imagine that function to have much use if not to add the markers/routes tio the in game map.

Thank you for the replies.