the old brass compass and dutch's pipe?

AzmirAhmmhed

i got the naval compass for pearson (although he hasn't asked for it yet) from the braithwaites' boat house, but where is the old brass compass? i want that for a trinket (or was it a talisman?) Is it somewhere in saint denis, on a ship maybe? this brings up another issue: dutch has asked for a pipe, and i have one that says "pipe belonging to dutch" but when i talk to him, the option to give him the damn thing does not appear. what's going on?

The old brass compass happens to be nowhere near the sea.  You only get once chance to get it, so if you really do want it, then you should be able to discover it by using Google (I won't spoilt it for you here).  Searching on the forums here will also give you the answer.

With the pipe, you can only give items to your companions when you're not in mission mode.  When you get back to camp, you should see a marker on your mini-map indicating where dutch/whoever is and a "give item" option should come up when you interact with them (you can't give an item in the middle of a conversation).

You can get the old brass compass by completing the stranger mission Geology for Beginners. It's found inside Francis Sinclair's cabin. But get it while you're inside, because once you leave, the cabin becomes inaccessible.

Edited by Parzival

The OP has been banned. 

Thanks for the heads up Harry.  Turns out, their only other post was a copy of another members contribution back in December.  They copied the post verbatim just as they did yours.  Likely a spammer trying to create what would appear to be a legitimate account before doing whatever they planned to do.   .....makes you wonder.  

Thanks for reporting this. 

• Kean_1 locked this topic