Jump to content

What kind of tv shows annoy you the most?


Jackthestripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just find that the quality of tv shows has really dropped in recent years.  I can't stand any talk shows that are trashy, like Steve Wilkos, Maury, those kind of shows.  One person tells their side, and without hearing the other person's side, the audience automatically 'boo's' them as they're walking out.  And then of course Steve Wilkos tries to intimidate them and act like a tough guy.  Talk shows are fine like Dr. Phil, and Steve Harvey, but the really dramatic 'over the top' ones really annoy me.   Also, shows like Judge Judy who I find unprofessional and rude, I find really annoying.  I've been to court so many times and have never once heard a judge be even half as ignorant as her.  I know loan sharks that are more polite than her! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jackthestripper said:

I just find that the quality of tv shows has really dropped in recent years.  I can't stand any talk shows that are trashy, like Steve Wilkos, Maury, those kind of shows.  One person tells their side, and without hearing the other person's side, the audience automatically 'boo's' them as they're walking out.  And then of course Steve Wilkos tries to intimidate them and act like a tough guy.  Talk shows are fine like Dr. Phil, and Steve Harvey, but the really dramatic 'over the top' ones really annoy me.   Also, shows like Judge Judy who I find unprofessional and rude, I find really annoying.  I've been to court so many times and have never once heard a judge be even half as ignorant as her.  I know loan sharks that are more polite than her! 

I agree. Just look at the difference between the original series and the remade series of MacGyver. 

I adore the original.

The remake is unwatchable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The format of most American TV shows.

Open with 5 minutes of recap from last show.
Then 5 minutes of spoilers for this show.
Then 5 minutes of actual footage.
5 minute commercial break
5 minutes of recap
5 minutes of spoilers
5 minutes of footage
5 minute commerical break
5 minutes of recap
10 minutes of footage.
5 minutes of "next week on..."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Benjo said:

The format of most American TV shows.

Open with 5 minutes of recap from last show.
Then 5 minutes of spoilers for this show.
Then 5 minutes of actual footage.
5 minute commercial break
5 minutes of recap
5 minutes of spoilers
5 minutes of footage
5 minute commerical break
5 minutes of recap
10 minutes of footage.
5 minutes of "next week on..."

 

Ok, I LITERALLY almost said word for word EVERYTHING you just said last night watching Shark Week!!!! My wife would say "Hey, it's back on!", and I was always like "Meh, I have a few minutes, I just saw that crap 10 minutes ago!"  I literally got up at the break, had a shower, and came back at the END of the 're-cap'....didn't miss a thing! I think I will time how much of the show is not commercials, re-caps, and coming up segments tonight. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

I know, most remakes are terrible! 

I couldn't help but notice your Avatar.

. . . what are your thoughts on John Carpenter's newest Halloween venture? Taking the reins back from Rob Zombie, and such?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I couldn't help but notice your Avatar.

. . . what are your thoughts on John Carpenter's newest Halloween venture? Taking the reins back from Rob Zombie, and such?

I'm super excited about it! John Carpenter was the original creator of the Halloween series, and I think that his direction will be a major factor in this film succeeding! I wish they'd bring back Nick Castle or Dick Warlock to play Myers, but I will settle for at least just using the original mask. I love Zombie's music but his movies are terrible, imo. He butchered Halloween, (pardon the pun), and I won't even have it in my collection. Why does The Shape (Myers' nickname among cult followers), have a purse with a strap, a hoodie, and what's with that dumb mythical horse? What's next? Maybe one of those figdet gadget things you can buy at Speedway? lmao Yeah, I'm excited to say the least....now, if we could get Rock* to make a Halloween video game, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Benjo said:

The format of most American TV shows.

Open with 5 minutes of recap from last show.
Then 5 minutes of spoilers for this show.
Then 5 minutes of actual footage.
5 minute commercial break
5 minutes of recap
5 minutes of spoilers
5 minutes of footage
5 minute commerical break
5 minutes of recap
10 minutes of footage.
5 minutes of "next week on..."

 

If it's any consolation,  most Americans dont even watch scripted TV shows anymore.

It's mostly live tv: sports, reality shows, competitions, etc...

Hell, my kids are under 10, and I face open rebellion every time commercials come on, as they are used to paid streaming services that are ad free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reality TV and talk shows have to be the worst. Next to those are try hard comedy "talk shows" that try to take jabs at only one political side. I really gave up on most television like 5 years ago. Have not missed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Qu3ster said:

Reality TV and talk shows have to be the worst. Next to those are try hard comedy "talk shows" that try to take jabs at only one political side. I really gave up on most television like 5 years ago. Have not missed it. 

Ironically I don't find too much realism in reality shows.  Most of them are scripted and the people really pour it on to make the show.    I don't watch a whole lot either.  News and hockey, that's about it.  I stream stuff on Hulu and Netflix mostly. 

Edited by Jackthestripper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It's mostly live tv: sports, reality shows, competitions, etc...

 

1 hour ago, Jackthestripper said:

I stream stuff on Hulu and Netflix mostly. 

Same here. I watch the Cowboys during football season on my digital antenna, then mostly watch Netflix and recordings on Philo in my downtime. (Well, not as much nowadays since I've started the RDR single-player campaign over again. I beat it in 2010, and am trying again now eight years later to re-sharpen my skills for the October release. Even though I probably won't get it until Christmas!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Even though I probably won't get it until Christmas!

I already preordered it for launch day.  I have an October birthday, and told my wife it was her gift to me, which is how we roll--everyone gets what they want, and no time is wasted. It's all coming out of the same pot of money anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I already preordered it for launch day.  I have an October birthday, and told my wife it was her gift to me, which is how we roll--everyone gets what they want, and no time is wasted. It's all coming out of the same pot of money anyways.

How nice for you! MY birthday is in JANUARY!!! ????

 

????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

 

Same here. I watch the Cowboys during football season on my digital antenna, then mostly watch Netflix and recordings on Philo in my downtime. (Well, not as much nowadays since I've started the RDR single-player campaign over again. I beat it in 2010, and am trying again now eight years later to re-sharpen my skills for the October release. Even though I probably won't get it until Christmas!)

I am a Giants fan so I stream their games as I only have a cheap, cruddy cable package lol I have multiple consoles to keep me busy and I'd rather do some gaming in my spare time rather than flip through the channels.  Once Oct. 26th hits I won't even care about the tv, except for hockey.  I finished RDR probably 5 or 6 times now, most recently about 2 months ago.  I still play online a little, but there's still a lot of glitches.  Like I show up at Warthington Ranch and as soon as I set foot on the hideout, it says it's complete.  Makes leveling up easy, but it's kinda pointless lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

Anything like or resembling that Kardashian show. My sister was obsessed with that show for some years and it drove me freaking nuts. 

My wife used to watch that too.  I refused to watch it and waste time I can't get back.  I can't stand any show that is simply a camera following around a family.  Especially filthy rich ones like the Krapdashians.  Most of those shows are all about them showing off and bragging.  If ANY of the Kardashians walked into my living room right now, I would not even know who they were.  And I am perfectly fine with that!  Most reality shows are scripted anyhow, or at least they embellish things just to make it over dramatic.  Blah lol 

download.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jackthestripper said:

My wife used to watch that too.  I refused to watch it and waste time I can't get back.  I can't stand any show that is simply a camera following around a family.  Especially filthy rich ones like the Krapdashians.  Most of those shows are all about them showing off and bragging.  If ANY of the Kardashians walked into my living room right now, I would not even know who they were.  And I am perfectly fine with that!  Most reality shows are scripted anyhow, or at least they embellish things just to make it over dramatic.  Blah lol 

download.jpg

It is a gross market people get sucked in to. I have never been obsessed with anyone famous to the point of enjoying anything related to reality TV or following their every word. They are viewed as normal people to me with more money and more publicity, that is it. I compare it to high school... they are the popular kids. Real world problems seldom exist to them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

It is a gross market people get sucked in to. I have never been obsessed with anyone famous to the point of enjoying anything related to reality TV or following their every word. They are viewed as normal people to me with more money and more publicity, that is it. I compare it to high school... they are the popular kids. Real world problems seldom exist to them. 

I agree.   I think your life has to be pretty dull to be obsessed over some celebrity who probably doesn't even care you exist.  Everyone kisses their ass because they are celebrities.  At the end of the day,  like you said, they are just normal people, and a lot of them are probably very depressed behind all that money.  I'm not saying I wouldn't mind having some extra money, I mean I DO play the Powerball for a reason....however it wouldn't make me any better than a bum on the street if I won.  It's just money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

I agree.   I think your life has to be pretty dull to be obsessed over some celebrity who probably doesn't even care you exist.  Everyone kisses their ass because they are celebrities.  At the end of the day,  like you said, they are just normal people, and a lot of them are probably very depressed behind all that money.  I'm not saying I wouldn't mind having some extra money, I mean I DO play the Powerball for a reason....however it wouldn't make me any better than a bum on the street if I won.  It's just money. 

You mean you DIDN'T donate toward the extra $100 million to make poor Kylie Jenner the world's youngest "self-made" BILLIONAIRE?

????

Sorry. "Hey, give me money so I can be a billionaire" does NOT equate to being "self-made" in my book.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You mean you DIDN'T donate toward the extra $100 million to make poor Kylie Jenner the world's youngest "self-made" BILLIONAIRE?

????

Sorry. "Hey, give me money so I can be a billionaire" does NOT equate to being "self-made" in my book.

Sadly for her, no I couldn't afford it.  lol I could have sold my Lamborghini or one of my 5 Ferrari's, but decided against it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

Sadly for her, no I couldn't afford it.  lol I could have sold my Lamborghini or one of my 5 Ferrari's, but decided against it.  

I still remember that dude who did the series of "PLEASE Give Me A Million Dollars" videos on YouTube. He kept making them until someone actually did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I still remember that dude who did the series of "PLEASE Give Me A Million Dollars" videos on YouTube. He kept making them until someone actually did.

Wait....what?  lmao I never heard of that but that is ballsy!  I can't believe someone actually DID that!  I should search for that.   Speaking of Powerball, I thought this video was hysterical.....mainly because I think this dude is serious!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe people were actually giving her money too. What a joke. 

As for the OP... I don't really have any shows that annoy me because I don't actually watch anything outside of what I know I enjoy. I don't have cable so I use streaming sites to watch stuff or YouTube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...