Cyberpunk 2077

Kean_1

So......  Anyone here download or buy the game yet?  

I'm downloading my copy now and if all goes well, hope to try it out this evening.  I'm still on last gen (PS4) since I still can't get my hands on a PS5, but I hope it plays well enough for me to at least give it a go.  .....although I expect performance issues.  

Either way, looking forward to play it on PS5 down the road, especially once the optimized version is released.

• Like 1

Well, have to say that it's a good game so far. Played at least 3 hours and still have the training wheels on up to a point with the tips, tutorials, etc. 

Had a blue screen after two hours, loaded back in and then another in roughly the same spot. ......loaded In again and didn't have any problem for the rest of the time I was on (about an hour.  I did have two glitches where one guy was sitting on top is something that wasn't there and chopsticks being suspended in the air.

I'm on an original PS4 and it still runs ok. Graphics are neutered obviously but stutters are not that often nor game breaking. There are frame rate drops occasionally but I'm surprised it runs as well as it does on this old gen. I do have an external SSD I'm running it from which probably helps (it does with other games).

Anyhow, so far its not a disappointment at all to me.  The game is still not done introducing me to all of the activities, systems, customizations, upgrading, crafting, etc. so there's still a lot to learn.  

On 12/11/2020 at 2:48 AM, Kean_1 said:

The game is still not done introducing me to all of the activities, systems, customizations, upgrading, crafting, etc. so there's still a lot to learn.  

Same here.

For anyone that enjoys itemizing their taxes, this is the game for them.🙂

IMPORTANT UPDATE

December 14, 2020

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.

COMMENTS_189

• Like 1

I'm fine with waiting.  I'm still having fun with the game as is.  

The thing is, no one has an excuse with this game because if they don't like it, simply get a refund.  .....and if you can't through  MS / Sony, CDPR will even help you out with that. 

• Like 1

I got Cyberpunk 2077 on the Xbox One and created a female character. I'm at the part after you meet Judy for the first time. I'm going to hook my character up with Judy in a long term romance. 

I'm going to stay with the game, it will get better. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I got Cyberpunk 2077 on the Xbox One and created a female character. I'm at the part after you meet Judy for the first time. I'm going to hook my character up with Judy in a long term romance. 

Nice!

My guy is a 70 year old, 300lb white guy that sports a BLM tee and a MAGA hat. I will be driving a '06 Buick Rendezvous with the windows shot out. See you online!

• Haha 1

Who is sticking with this game?

I bought the disk thru Amazon and have until Jan. 31 to return it and now Sony pulled the game and is offering refunds. At first, I was ready to stuff it in an envelope and send it back. The first day I played I had 5 blue screens. Since then, I havent had any problems and will play it until it becomes unplayable or until my return window closes. So far, I like the game enough to consider it as a free sample until they fix it for PS4 (which I doubt) or until I get a PS5. 

• Like 1

I'm sticking with it.  I bought it digitally so I can get a refund but even with the performance issues and bugs, I'm still enjoying it. 

I'll be getting a PS5 when I can get my hands on one ak I'll either continue playing it in that or (if I finish before then), I'll probably do another playthrough when they launch the next gen enhanced version later in 2021.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Vendetta said:

I'm sticking with the game as well, but I do not support what they have done. By they, I'm referring to the board member's, the suits whom only care about money and did not listen to the developers who told them the game needed more time. 

I had to do a double take and make sure this thread wasn't about a Ubisoft game. 🤨

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I had to do a double take and make sure this thread wasn't about a Ubisoft game. 🤨

The dead giveaway it isn't is that beyond the bugs and performance issues lies a decent game. ......and the refunds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

The dead giveaway it isn't is that beyond the bugs and performance issues lies a decent game. ......and the refunds.

Leaving out the refund part, that seems to be the consensus on Ghost Recon Wildlands, too. 😜

13 hours ago, buttlint said:

We all stuck with this game (Red Dead Redemption 2) so why wouldnt we hang in on this one?

Its not like there are ton of new games out there that are worth plopping down some cash on. For me its either Cyberpunk 2077 or bake sourdough bread.

I think the most serious issue I ever encountered in RDR2 was the barrels at Pearson's wagon and the table at the Emerald Ranch fence disappearing. I'd hardly put it on the same level as 2077 supposedly is.

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

I think the most serious issue I ever encountered in RDR2 was the barrels at Pearson's wagon and the table at the Emerald Ranch fence disappearing. I'd hardly put it on the same level as 2077 supposedly is.

Perhaps you lead a charmed life. Others weren't so fortunate.

5 hours ago, Parzival said:

Leaving out the refund part, that seems to be the consensus on Ghost Recon Wildlands, too. 😜

Nah....  As someone who played GRW since release, it didn't have that many bugs.  At least not on console.

3 hours ago, buttlint said:

Perhaps you lead a charmed life. Others weren't so fortunate.

The fact is some just didn't have the same level of issues with RDO as others seemed to have.  I know that while I shared some, I didn't have a lot of others.   PC was a different story.

• Like 1

I've just kind of learned to accept bugs, as long as they aren't game breaking or persistent. A fair few bugs that I encounter are even kind of funny, Like in GRW when this happened: 

Sure, any bug will kinda wreck your immersion, but it's inevitable. Of course I would love it if there were no bugs at all, but they will happen.

As for Cyberpunk, I'm probably going to wait a while before purchasing it. Maybe it'll go on sale soon like FO76 did, but at the very least it'll have a lot of the major issues ironed out. 

• 4 weeks later...

After downloading and installing it, all of my quickhacks disappeared.  Since my build is netrunner based, I was a bit miffed.

When I retrieved my controller from behind my monitor and rebooted, things went back to normal. Since I am at level 45, most of the fixes are behind me and I havent noticed any performance differences.