Jump to content

Hackers destroying a game :(


Tas
 Share

Recommended Posts

So after more than a  year, an low player rates. I buy this game 4 days ago. Already ive been stopped form playing for 3 hours. Hackers keep teleporting everyone to an island an killing us all. I spends hours hunting an lose everything to a group if pre teen ******** with no parental control....Is Rockstar ever going to look at thids ?. Or  should all the decent players just leave? Because I know im ready too...May not mean much but if your going ot allow these fools to chase out a % of players, your game is going to die.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Tas and welcome to the site.

A couple things......  RDR2.org is not affiliated with R* or Take Two Interactive in a any way.  I'm only telling you this as your post seems to be addressing them directly.  

I'm also guessing you're playing on PC?  .....might want to clarify that for folks if they try to provide suggestions.  

If you want to file a complaint directly, you can use the following link to their support:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.198552044.232883861.1608135468-1108762993.1580766852

I'll go ahead and move this thread to the Online section as this is more of a complaint about griefers than a technical issue.  I wish you luck but since PCs release, hacking has been a big issue and only become worse as people learn how the game works, etc.  The only suggestion I have is to exit the server when you are teleported and find a new one.  

RDR2 / RDO has been out for PC for over a year and hackers have always been a problem from what I understand.  On console, you're more apt to run into griefers or those taking advantage of exploits (if any).  .....hacks are rare IME on these platforms.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tas said:

So after more than a  year, an low player rates. I buy this game 4 days ago. Already ive been stopped form playing for 3 hours. Hackers keep teleporting everyone to an island an killing us all. I spends hours hunting an lose everything to a group if pre teen ******** with no parental control....Is Rockstar ever going to look at thids ?. Or  should all the decent players just leave? Because I know im ready too...May not mean much but if your going ot allow these fools to chase out a % of players, your game is going to die.

 

I'm sorry that hackers have ruined your play & I can only offer 1 piece of advice.

When the hacking starts - usually teleporting - just exit the game - count to ten & reload game into a new lobby - don't even hang around - if you are mid delivery of moonshine or pelts the game will re-set & you can start all over again - if you are in a free roam event then unfortunately that won't re-set but you will at least not give them the satisfaction of you & usually your horse as well, being killed - if its the mid air hack just exit, get out, count to ten & re-start.

I've been playing online now for 9 or 10 months & hacking usually peaks when new content drops & lasts about 3 days until they get bored & go off back to whatever it is they do between hacks.

Don't let them win - log off - count to ten & log back on & continue with your play, as it would be a shame for you to miss just how glorious the game can be when you are allowed to play & roam at your own pace.

Don't give up on it !!

Good Luck

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2020 at 2:51 PM, Tas said:

So after more than a  year, an low player rates. I buy this game 4 days ago. Already ive been stopped form playing for 3 hours. Hackers keep teleporting everyone to an island an killing us all. I spends hours hunting an lose everything to a group if pre teen ******** with no parental control....Is Rockstar ever going to look at thids ?. Or  should all the decent players just leave? Because I know im ready too...May not mean much but if your going ot allow these fools to chase out a % of players, your game is going to die.

 

Sorry to hear about that.  Have to say, though, I'd never buy a Rockstar game on PC, they're famously weak on that side.  It's why I'm on Xbox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SimonTemplar said:

Sorry to hear about that.  Have to say, though, I'd never buy a Rockstar game on PC, they're famously weak on that side.  It's why I'm on Xbox.

yer, Its my own fault. Cant blame anyone for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

......PC has been famously weak on that side regardless. That fact wasn't lost on me even some 13 years ago when I stopped building gaming rigs and switched over to a PS3.  

Even on console people are always finding ways to use exploits, troll others, etc. ......or hardware hacks like modded controllers, lag switches and the use of popular devices like those from Chronus Max, etç. that allow you to do things that are either highly difficult or otherwise not possible in the game using standard, "legal" equipment.

While largely frowned upon, those devices were created to be undetectable by the game developers and console manufacturers.  It's hard to prove someone uses one but there is no denying their widespread use.

Sorry you're having so much trouble but these hacks in RDO, GTAO, etc. are something PC players have learned to deal with.  You either just move on to another session or give up the game if it's that much of a bother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, SimonTemplar said:

Only possible solution is buy an Xbox!  You won't look back.

This man is telling you the truth. I have played the online game on all three platforms. PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. Of those, the best overall experience that I have had has been on Xbox. You will find trolls on any platform if you stick around long enough, but the difference between consoles and PC is night and day. 

Do yourself a favor and run out and buy yourself an Xbox this weekend if you can't wait for when the next generation console are in normal stock, or if you already own a console, purchase a copy of the game on it and be done with this crap. I love PC gaming too, but as a gamer you deserve better than this. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:04 AM, Tas said:

Rockstar never do much bout hackers. So I doubt ill stay sadly. I guess hackers will be happy to run a new player off servers....Sad to see Rockstar dont warn people before buying bout this.

there are no servers. it's p2p. at least gta5 is and since this is take2 nothing else should be expected. i hate take2. only reason I haven't bought gtao is p2p. and I'm rethinking of getting rdr2.
I don't wanna play on console like a pleb. !

Edited by hareko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Dude"....   You're barking up the wrong tree with that pretentious "PC master race" argument.  That's not what this is about. 

You do you.  No one is trying to convince you otherwise. No need to knock others for choosing to play on console or whatever.  ......that's just silly to be honest.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to admit, I hate consoles. But I am beginning to see differently. Ive always a "PC Master Race"... an its true PC FAR outshines anything. But an heres the kicker.... You have to spend big money to do that.

I am starting to wonder, but I dont like idea of paying a monthly sub just to use my console online. Not to mention I cant play with or talk to my friends on Discord if I went console.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tas I was actually in the market for a console when Death Stranding (late 2019) came out and was obv eyeballing rdr2. Then ppl were telling me to wait for PC and rdr2 is on PC too. to which I said gta5 is also on PC with what result.

some ordinary gamers started to play gtao recently. I'm not a watcher of his but he pops up on my phone here and there, and boy am I glad he started to play that game and shined light on the multiplayer. Having watched his follow-up video, I had no idea it was even that bad. I'm so glad I didn't buy that "trash" game.

I don't hate on consoles but michael does life is larping about gta5 on ps5 and I'm wondering what he even means with: it will be better. not better than PC. 2013 games arrived in 2015 or so PC.

oh, you're the OP. I have maybe read 20% of this thread when first writing, but I'm somewhat consoled (lol) that this problem isnt widespread on consoles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, Kean_1 said:

"Dude"....   You're barking up the wrong tree with that pretentious "PC master race" argument.  That's not what this is about. 

You do you.  No one is trying to convince you otherwise. No need to knock others for choosing to play on console or whatever.  ......that's just silly to be honest.

 

 

Thank you Kean. I own both PC and consoles because in my opinion and that’s all this is, to truly get the best of both worlds of gaming. But if we are being honest, I’ll take consoles over anything else, any day of the week. I don’t have to worry about trolls with mod menus, the hardware is more cost effective, and the 30 FPS argument is so overrated. Soon, 30 FPS will be more of a thing of the past on consoles and switching back and forth between PC and consoles, there is not enough of a difference for me to even care. Again, if I could only keep one it would be the consoles. 

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, Tas said:

I have to admit, I hate consoles. But I am beginning to see differently. Ive always a "PC Master Race"... an its true PC FAR outshines anything. But an heres the kicker.... You have to spend big money to do that.

I am starting to wonder, but I dont like idea of paying a monthly sub just to use my console online. Not to mention I cant play with or talk to my friends on Discord if I went console.

I agree, I don’t like paying that fee either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Thank you Kean. I own both PC and consoles because in my opinion and that’s all this is, to truly get the best of both worlds of gaming. But if we are being honest, I’ll take consoles over anything else, any day of the week. I don’t have to worry about trolls with mod menus, the hardware is more cost effective, and the 30 FPS argument is so overrated. Soon, 30 FPS will be more of a thing of the past on consoles and switching back and forth between PC and consoles, there is not enough of a difference for me to even care. Again, if I could only keep one it would be the consoles. 

I mentioned it before but I used to build my own PCs for gaming and been a PC gamer since the 80's.  I also worked in the industry since that time.  .....I retired after 30 years.

There are pros and cons to all platforms.  While I found I could future proof my PCs to an extent, there were never any guarantees that requirements, technology, etc. wouldn't change.  I found myself upgrading one or two components about once every two years or so not to mention the drivers, OS and related issues to contend with depending on the game.  Building, upgrading, etc. was just part of the hobby though and while fun, it's simply something I grew tired of over time.  A big part of that was my fault as I wanted to get the most out of some of the new games that were coming out.

That's when I decided to go with a console.  .....PS3 in this case.  I liked the fact that I could just plop down on the couch, load up a game and play.   I also liked the idea of having hardware that had a ~7 year life cycle and developers making games optimized for that.  I bought a PS4 at launch and will buy a PS5 when I can get my hands on one.  .....not because I necessarily feel PS is better than MS but it's what I'm comfortable with and where all my gaming friends are.  

I'm not sure where the dig about 30FPS came from on the PS5.  There are games right now that are backward compatible that are 60FPS on PS5.  Just saw an article about Ghost of Tsushima running 60.  It's true that some PS4 games are locked at 30 but some devs are taking advantage of the backward compatibility enhancements and making the changes while others are not. ....a few even announcing PS5 versions being released this year.  There's even talk of some exceeding 60FPS.

Anyhow, I'm in the same boat as you as I'm not looking for the absolute best graphics, etc.  What I say I  do miss are the milsim titles, flight sims, etc.  While some indie devs are looking to bridge the gap to bring some of those genres to console, we've been lacking good titles in those areas.  

Personally, I'm quite happy with the performance the PS5 delivers and I look forward to a long and exciting run with it.  For all the rest I would just say this.....  Compare the pros and cons of each.  Figure out which ticks the most boxes on your list of things you find important and decide what works best for you.  ....leave the sophomoric jibes and attitude at the door.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 7:46 AM, Tas said:

I have to admit, I hate consoles. But I am beginning to see differently. Ive always a "PC Master Race"... an its true PC FAR outshines anything. But an heres the kicker.... You have to spend big money to do that.

I am starting to wonder, but I dont like idea of paying a monthly sub just to use my console online. Not to mention I cant play with or talk to my friends on Discord if I went console.

...as I mentioned above, PCs and consoles have their pros and cons.  It just depends on what aspects matter most to you.  My only advice would be not to get distracted or jaded based on others biases and so on.

As for monthly fees, on PS I just pay for the subscription each year since it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying monthly or even quarterly.  ....IIRC, it's $10/month, $25/qtr and $60/yr.  If you wait until the holidays, you can take advantage of their sales.  I just re-subscribed at the end of November for $45 which will take me through the end of this year.  .....$15 off the regular price.  

I just watch for the sales and buy a subscription at that point.  It gets added at the end of your current yearly sub.  When I buy my new subscription  (during the Black Friday sale or whenever), it doesn't start until my current sub runs out which is always in Dec since I stay current.  .....hope that makes sense.  

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

I mentioned it before but I used to build my own PCs for gaming and been a PC gamer since the 80's.  I also worked in the industry since that time.  .....I retired after 30 years.

There are pros and cons to all platforms.  While I found I could future proof my PCs to an extent, there were never any guarantees that requirements, technology, etc. wouldn't change.  I found myself upgrading one or two components about once every two years or so not to mention the drivers, OS and related issues to contend with depending on the game.  Building, upgrading, etc. was just part of the hobby though and while fun, it's simply something I grew tired of over time.  A big part of that was my fault as I wanted to get the most out of some of the new games that were coming out.

That's when I decided to go with a console.  .....PS3 in this case.  I liked the fact that I could just plop down on the couch, load up a game and play.   I also liked the idea of having hardware that had a ~7 year life cycle and developers making games optimized for that.  I bought a PS4 at launch and will buy a PS5 when I can get my hands on one.  .....not because I necessarily feel PS is better than MS but it's what I'm comfortable with and where all my gaming friends are.  

I'm not sure where the dig about 30FPS came from on the PS5.  There are games right now that are backward compatible that are 60FPS on PS5.  Just saw an article about Ghost of Tsushima running 60.  It's true that some PS4 games are locked at 30 but some devs are taking advantage of the backward compatibility enhancements and making the changes while others are not. ....a few even announcing PS5 versions being released this year.  There's even talk of some exceeding 60FPS.

Anyhow, I'm in the same boat as you as I'm not looking for the absolute best graphics, etc.  What I say I  do miss are the milsim titles, flight sims, etc.  While some indie devs are looking to bridge the gap to bring some of those genres to console, we've been lacking good titles in those areas.  

Personally, I'm quite happy with the performance the PS5 delivers and I look forward to a long and exciting run with it.  For all the rest I would just say this.....  Compare the pros and cons of each.  Figure out which ticks the most boxes on your list of things you find important and decide what works best for you.  ....leave the sophomoric jibes and attitude at the door.  

I agree with you. I didn't get into gaming until 90s. (being a commercial fisherman for 20 years). But I have always gone PC. I am now considering PS5. Simply for reasons u outlined. I wanna  drop onto sofa an just play on my tv. I am over sitting in office chair for hours an having my Sciatica go nuts lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tas said:

I agree with you. I didn't get into gaming until 90s. (being a commercial fisherman for 20 years). But I have always gone PC. I am now considering PS5. Simply for reasons u outlined. I wanna  drop onto sofa an just play on my tv. I am over sitting in office chair for hours an having my Sciatica go nuts lol.

I have a comfy chair in my home office but my wife wasn't too hip with me "closing myself off" upstairs.  She's happier with me being downstairs in the living room playing games on the PS4 so she can sit next to me doing her own thing on her PC, etc. It's more comfortable for me as well. 

The PS is also our media center for the family so it gets used constantly throughout the day.  Since I stopped building PCs we've been on notebooks ever since for business, etc.

I've got lower back problems myself so I can relate. My left leg is mostly numb 24/7 with those wonderful shooting pains from time to time if I stand in one place too long, sit on the wrong kind of chair, etc.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I have a comfy chair in my home office but my wife wasn't too hip with me "closing myself off" upstairs.  She's happier with me being downstairs in the living room playing games on the PS4 so she can sit next to me doing her own thing on her PC, etc. It's more comfortable for me as well. 

The PS is also our media center for the family so it gets used constantly throughout the day.  Since I stopped building PCs we've been on notebooks ever since for business, etc.

I've got lower back problems myself so I can relate. My left leg is mostly numb 24/7 with those wonderful shooting pains from time to time if I stand in one place too long, sit on the wrong kind of chair, etc.  

 

 

 

right there with you, Sciatica gives me hell. Thnink im gonna buy a PS5 in march

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2021 at 10:51 PM, Tas said:

right there with you, Sciatica gives me hell. Thnink im gonna buy a PS5 in march

That's awesome dude. I just recently picked up an Xbox Series S and I love It. Even though it is only on a 1080P TV, I'm noticing more texture detail in a game not optimized for the console yet and the better CPU and SSD are resulting in a better game play experience over the Xbox One S. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

That's awesome dude. I just recently picked up an Xbox Series S and I love It. Even though it is only on a 1080P TV, I'm noticing more texture detail in a game not optimized for the console yet and the better CPU and SSD are resulting in a better game play experience over the Xbox One S. 

I'm still trying to source a PS5.  I figure by next month or March when @Tas plans to buy his they will begin to stay in stock longer than a few minutes.  SIE already discontinued production on some PS4 models in some markets to focus attention on building more PS5s.

Our 58" is 1080P as well.  I thought the TV would have pooped out by now but it's still with us and I have no desire to upgrade just for 4K, faster refresh, etc.  .....even with an "in" in the industry where we can score a great deal on one.  Just not that interested right now.  Ours looks and works great.

I'm really looking forward to the PS5 helping some of my games run better too.  DayZ in particular.  

DayZ suffers from frame rate dips below 30 FPS, stutters and lag that can cause vehicles to temporarily freeze while driving, etc.  .....and for a game with a permadeath element, it's not fun dying as a result of one.  I've seen video of DayZ players on PS5 recording consistent 30 FPS with relatively rare and very minor dips below that of a couple frames.  .....the devs capped their game at 30 but damn, it runs so much smoother just from the jump in power. 

They didn't use any of the optimization options available in the backward compatible feature which doesn't surprise me given they are a small studio.  The game could be so much better if they did as they could really take advantage of the new hardware.  Perhaps at some point they will because I don't see them making a PS5 enhanced version that would split the playerbase.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I'm still trying to source a PS5.  I figure by next month or March when @Tas plans to buy his they will begin to stay in stock longer than a few minutes.  SIE already discontinued production on some PS4 models in some markets to focus attention on building more PS5s.

Our 58" is 1080P as well.  I thought the TV would have pooped out by now but it's still with us and I have no desire to upgrade just for 4K, faster refresh, etc.  .....even with an "in" in the industry where we can score a great deal on one.  Just not that interested right now.  Ours looks and works great.

I'm really looking forward to the PS5 helping some of my games run better too.  DayZ in particular.  

DayZ suffers from frame rate dips below 30 FPS, stutters and lag that can cause vehicles to temporarily freeze while driving, etc.  .....and for a game with a permadeath element, it's not fun dying as a result of one.  I've seen video of DayZ players on PS5 recording consistent 30 FPS with relatively rare and very minor dips below that of a couple frames.  .....the devs capped their game at 30 but damn, it runs so much smoother just from the jump in power. 

They didn't use any of the optimization options available in the backward compatible feature which doesn't surprise me given they are a small studio.  The game could be so much better if they did as they could really take advantage of the new hardware.  Perhaps at some point they will because I don't see them making a PS5 enhanced version that would split the playerbase.

Your going to love next gen. The game in question that I’m referring to is GTA 5. Running like a dream on the Xbox Series S!. 
 

There is an article stating that Best Buy has Sony PlayStation 5 stock coming in. My advice is to keep checking all retailer sites, multiple times a day. That’s how I bought my Xbox Series S. 

Edited by Vendetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got a web check that runs automatically for changes in pages, sections of pages, etc.  It alerts me when stock comes in but even with that edge, I still haven't landed one.  I've been in the waiting line and even in the cart a couple times but beaten out every time.  ....lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tas said:

My main worry is gaming. are games $$ for ps5 ? I dont really do fps games cos i find them boring. (an i suck at them) lol

PS5 games have been $59 at the high end for a long time for the standard version of titles.  .....more for "deluxe", "collectors editions", etc.  The sky is the limit in that respect.  

With the release of the next gen consoles, software prices have finally been raised in some instances to $69 for entry level.  We'll have to see what the industry does in that respect as some are still releasing titles @ $59, etc.  

Now, that's titles at the release prices.  Sale prices will vary wildly.  I often pick up games I'm not particularly anxious about for significantly less than what it might have released at if I wait a bit.  .....sometimes just a month or two after the release date.  

PSN also gives away 2 "free" games a month with the PS+ subscription.  Some of them are what I might consider weak but they do give away some pretty cool games as well.  

Console genres extend beyond FPS games but then again, not trying to convince you console is right for you if you already have a fixed mindset about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I've got a web check that runs automatically for changes in pages, sections of pages, etc.  It alerts me when stock comes in but even with that edge, I still haven't landed one.  I've been in the waiting line and even in the cart a couple times but beaten out every time.  ....lol.

First time I bought an Xbox Series S there was an Issue with my card and the order ended up getting cancelled. Entirely my fault. The next time I tried they sold out. But finally I got one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...