About time: Summer Update - Criminal Underworld

Newswire

Images Need Alt Text

Red Dead Online

Next week, Red Dead Online delivers eight new Races spanning iconic locations across the five states — from the arid frontier outpost of Gaptooth Breach to the mining town of Annesburg and the swamps of Lagras. Show off your proficiency on horseback in all forms of equine competition with new Standard Races, along with new Open Races where it’s up to you to determine the best path to ride through all the signal fires on a given course.

Or try your hand at new Target and Open Target Races, where the aim is to take out target checkpoints with your trusty bow and arrow while on horseback. All these new races will be available to all Red Dead Online players on May 25th.

Images Need Alt Text

Red Dead Online’s summer update will add a diverse array of new missions across the world for those looking to step into the criminal underworld. Down in Saint Denis, Angelo Bronte’s trusted lieutenant, Guido Martelli is working to create his own criminal network, so whether it’s intimidation, unsavory crimes, or larger, high-stakes robberies — riders best be willing to do whatever it takes to earn their blood money.

• Like 3

Yeah I hope R* doesn't mess this up and actually gives use Bank / Train / Stage Coach  Robberies.

Not just going to steal a horse that cost 800.00 and we get 5 buck for it.

• Like 1

This is good news.  Thanks for posting.

We actually have a friend who may be interested in RDR2 and might be my excuse to get me back into this game after being away so long.  It would be nice to have additional content like this when (or if) we do.

• Like 1

Rockstar really needs to put out a huge update, that could bring folks in again.. 

As it is right now, i am still entertained, especially after using the "Solo Lobby" trick, that was a game changer for me, but else than that, i need something new and different to keep me going more than 30 minutes. 

On 5/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Kean_1 said:

@McLawDiz

What's the solo lobby trick if I may ask?

Ofcourse you may ask!

You on PS4? - Change MTU settings, in your network settings on the ps4 to 750, instead of the current 1500.. Restart the game.. = Solo Lobby..

There is no downside.. the game will tell you connection error, but you wont be prompted to menu, like the old days! so now you just keep going in game, and the camp stays put.. 

AFTER i did this, i have had to ignore ganghideouts, cause there is so much stuff going on the map.. Dynamic Events, and such.. Totaly different game!!! 

@McLawDiz

I'm on PS5 but when I was on PS4 the MTU trick never worked.  It simply wouldn't load.  

Did something change?  I've always been able to do it for GTAVO but never RDO the times I had tried.  .....and researching on the internet seemed to back this up.  

If something changed, that would be terrific as I have friends who may want to return or try RDO for the first time in the next few weeks/months. it would be cool if the MTU trick works.

11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

@McLawDiz

I'm on PS5 but when I was on PS4 the MTU trick never worked.  It simply wouldn't load.  

Did something change?  I've always been able to do it for GTAVO but never RDO the times I had tried.  .....and researching on the internet seemed to back this up.  

If something changed, that would be terrific as I have friends who may want to return or try RDO for the first time in the next few weeks/months. it would be cool if the MTU trick works.

Yep! its now the same as GTAO.. I have been running it for the last week, without any problems.. did 7 levels for a week... back when in a full lobby i could not even do 7 levels a month.. So, you can use this trick, and your friends testing this one, will have a blast!

• Like 1

Thanks. Just tried it this evening and it worked. Set my MTU setting to just above 800 and was in a session by myself for a few hours. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost all hope for updating the game month's ago. The only thing that will bring me back to play regulary would be massive, massive update - all the things R* promised for this title and never delivered.

Honestly - i dont think that they will deliver. Its going to be some new missions and a new or expanded role and that is it.

I would love to play Story mode one more time if they upgrade to XBOX series S/X versions. R* promised transition of GTA V to nex gen consoles by tthe end of 2nd quarter but its 8 june already and still nothing so i expect that we will w8 more. I wonder if they will upgrade RDR2 too or maybe release RDR remastered.

Cheers partners !

5 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

I lost all hope for updating the game month's ago. The only thing that will bring me back to play regulary would be massive, massive update - all the things R* promised for this title and never delivered.

Honestly - i dont think that they will deliver. Its going to be some new missions and a new or expanded role and that is it.

I would love to play Story mode one more time if they upgrade to XBOX series S/X versions. R* promised transition of GTA V to nex gen consoles by tthe end of 2nd quarter but its 8 june already and still nothing so i expect that we will w8 more. I wonder if they will upgrade RDR2 too or maybe release RDR remastered.

Cheers partners !

Actually, R* said the next-gen release of GTAV would be the "second half of 2021" and a firm release date was provided last month of November 11th 2021.  .....which puts it in the 2nd half of the year.  That is also when the GTAO stand-alone will be offered IIRC.

R* has doubled down on their plans to continue remasters of past titles and it's already in the wind that they may be working on a new RDR1 release.  Perhaps we will also see a next-gen version of RDR2 but who knows.  

On 6/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, Kean_1 said:

Actually, R* said the next-gen release of GTAV would be the "second half of 2021" and a firm release date was provided last month of November 11th 2021.  .....which puts it in the 2nd half of the year.  That is also when the GTAO stand-alone will be offered IIRC.

R* has doubled down on their plans to continue remasters of past titles and it's already in the wind that they may be working on a new RDR1 release.  Perhaps we will also see a next-gen version of RDR2 but who knows.  

Yeah i had my facts wrong on that.

Would love to play remastered RDR1 tho :) Dont have anything to play atm.

• Like 1