Gold Rush - 70 gold medals trophy (replaying missions)

Willard

Anyone else thinks this mechanic in game is completely broken? Like doing gold medals with lvl 2 health/stam/deadeye, with no consumables, basic weapons and tenessee walker with lvl 1 bond is insane. Pretty much every missions which include accuracy / headshots are impossible because you don´t have enough deadeye lvl to do that. 

Its great Rockstar says you are able to replay missions after you beat the story but they don´t say you will have to do that with completely basic stats/horse and without consumables. 

This game is ****in awesome but this ...

Edited by Willard

Look, let's be honest.  The only people looking to complete this achievement are people who've probably already finished the game and are looking for an extra challenge.  The game was created to be more of an immersive experience, rather than a challenge, but the challenges are there, should you choose to earn them.

So to answer your question, I do not believe Rockstar created the gold medal challenges with the intent that you'd actually attain them until the game was finished.

9 hours ago, X S said:

Look, let's be honest.  The only people looking to complete this achievement are people who've probably already finished the game and are looking for an extra challenge.  The game was created to be more of an immersive experience, rather than a challenge, but the challenges are there, should you choose to earn them.

So to answer your question, I do not believe Rockstar created the gold medal challenges with the intent that you'd actually attain them until the game was finished.

So u think the game isn´t finished or? Maybe they patch this, who knows. They have to i guess because a lot of gold medals are simply impossible to do with those preset stats. Heck you even have red dead eye and 2/8 lvl in some 15 headshot missions. 

Right now the only way how to do gold medals is going throught story mode again which isn´t challenging or entertaining for someone who knows the story already. 

Im not looking for another challenge to be honest, i simply want to have platinum in this game because it is pure jewel. I don´t have plat in any other games. I´ve never been a trophy hunter. But this game somehow convinced me to do that. 

But when Rockstar makes some trophy pretty much impossible (outside of repeating story all over again) it´s a bit of dissapointment for me. 

Edited by Willard

I think he meant until you've finished the game (story).

I would say this is unlikely to change.

Go for head shots without using dead-eye. 

Auto aim full and just flick the stick when you lock on. Get your sensitivity right and you'll always get head shots.

1 hour ago, rick249kdr said:

I think he meant until you've finished the game (story).

I would say this is unlikely to change.

Go for head shots without using dead-eye. 

Auto aim full and just flick the stick when you lock on. Get your sensitivity right and you'll always get head shots.

agreed, the gold stars for the missions are something to try for after you've completed the game and the content.

Headshots are simple doing it this way.  Learned this trick in RDR.

As I’ve posted in other threads about this, the easiest way to get golds is to manually save the game before attempting any mission then reload that save to retry it. 

That way you always have all the resources, ammo etc that your character had - not what R* deems appropriate. 

27 minutes ago, Limey77 said:

As I’ve posted in other threads about this, the easiest way to get golds is to manually save the game before attempting any mission then reload that save to retry it. 

That way you always have all the resources, ammo etc that your character had - not what R* deems appropriate. 

I know very well this procedure and its exactly what I want to avoid. Replaying missions is meant to be the way how to get golds after you finish the story. If the most effective way how to obtain golds is creating a new save and burn throught story again then replaying missions as a feature loses its purpose completely.

I like challenge to be honest but man, u got 1/3 of your normal stats, max deadeye lvl is 2, u got horse with lvl 1 bond and NO consumables. Its just pure nonsense to play CH3+ missions with basic levels of everything because during chapter 2-3 you probably have maxed stats 😉

This feature seems unfinished to me. They should make it harder to replay missions and get gold, ok no problem, but not impossible.

Ill try that HS trick guys, probably need to adjust sensitivity a bit.

Edited by Willard

• 4 months later...

I feel that the best way to get this trophy is to replay the whole of story mode with the aim of maximizing your stats and weapons by the time each mission starts.

It's a pain, but at least you won't need to hunt more than you need to or go sightseeing and doing anything you don't really need to.

There's guides out on the internet that suggest a list of the more achievable missions to go for gold on.

So, just play through the story, and remember to save before hitting those yellow markers.

The minimum load-outs on the missionplaybacks are there to make things challenging rather than allowing you to gold them, I think.