RDR 2 ONLINE - Sleeping in your own camp?

Zanarkand Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have upgraded tent or just the bedroll, i have only the bedroll and only thing i can do in my place is access wardrobe or sit in the chair near bedroll.

You go inside your own tent to try it yeah? I was able to sleep myself but I am not sure if you had to do anything to trigger the action beforehand. Works just like offline with the same button depending on which console you are on. 

Edited by Acamar

I didn't think you could sleep online.  Think about it, if you slept you would have to wait until the requisite number of hours passed for everyone else online in your lobby. Or they would all have to skip forward to when you woke up.  Then, 10 people all go to sleep at different points several minutes apart, unless everyone had their own unique day/night cycle it just wouldn't work.  Not even sure it would work even if everyone did.  Seems like it would just have everyone sleeping at night (theirs) to avoid being at a disadvantage of those roaming around in daylight on their own cycle and having a huge advantage with visibility. 

Look at it this way, it's never referenced in the game, but Arthur has the secret power of time travel, shhh, just don't, but to get it, he had to agree to be trapped in his own bubble world. You are not trapped in his bubble reality, you live in a world with other people, but you had to give up the power of time travel to get free... seems obvious.

There is no sleep option, the online map runs on a global time cycle so sleep would be impossible online.  It is also unnecessary, you just recover by resting in camp.  Upgrading your bed grants you quicker recovery time.  At your bed you can change wardrobe, that is all.

I suspect, and really hope, greater functionality for camps will soon be available - at the moment they are next to useless.  

2 hours ago, Poggy said:

There is no sleep option, the online map runs on a global time cycle so sleep would be impossible online.  It is also unnecessary, you just recover by resting in camp.  Upgrading your bed grants you quicker recovery time.  At your bed you can change wardrobe, that is all.

I suspect, and really hope, greater functionality for camps will soon be available - at the moment they are next to useless.  

Actually, i have found an alternate option to sleep in RD online, just chug about 10 beers and you will blackout and wake at random near location.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poggy said:

Lol :). And yet no time passes ...

Yea its same as in GTA Online. At least by that you can get fatter in rdo. already at 6.75% bonus health. :D 

That was the only reason i wanted to know how to "sleep" in rdo.